Just a cold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Just a cold
(28-10-2013 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 12:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's not an argument for god's nonexistence, but it's most certainly an argument for his being a dick, should he exist.

You can argue anyone is a dick but really what is the point?

What is the point of this answer?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2013, 01:15 PM
(28-10-2013 11:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 11:18 AM)Impulse Wrote:  What I like or don't like has nothing to do with it. Conceptually, an "all loving, omnipotent" god is incompatible with the idea of allowing kids to suffer these horrible things.

Conceptually, a loving parent is incompatible with the idea of sending a kid to school with a cold.

Your okay with imparting some suffering on your child, so why can't God be okay with imparting some suffering on his children? You just don't like the amount of suffering God allows...which isn't a good argument.
Where did you get the idea that I'm ok with imparting suffering on my child? I'm not. And I certainly don't have the omnipotence to take her suffering away like God supposedly does. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Why are you so eager to defend a being who supposedly creates, allows, and perpetuates this suffering?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
28-10-2013, 01:18 PM
(28-10-2013 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 12:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's not an argument for god's nonexistence, but it's most certainly an argument for his being a dick, should he exist.

You can argue anyone is a dick but really what is the point?
Because no being except "God" (at least the Christian one and a few others) is defined as perfect and thus supposedly free from being a dick.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
28-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I would suggest not trying to use anything that resembles reason with this guy.

He jumps in any and all threads, especially if someone is struggling, and vomits his god squad message all over...take advantage of the seemingly vulnerable seems to be sport for Blowme.

He can't do this in the support section, so like a vulture he circles trying to find a perceived moment of weakness.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-10-2013, 01:21 PM
(28-10-2013 01:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would suggest not trying to use anything that resembles reason with this guy.

He jumps in any and all threads, especially if someone is struggling, and vomits his god squad message all over...take advantage of the seemingly vulnerable seems to be sport for Blowme.

He can't do this in the support section, so like a vulture he circles trying to find a perceived moment of weakness.

He just spews nonsense.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-10-2013, 01:22 PM
(28-10-2013 12:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Impulse,
Hope your daughter feels better real soon. Colds and allergies happen, so does all the other stuff we have to deal with as parents.

Treat her extra-special tonight...a favorite food, movie, and some snuggles.

It's gonna be fine.
Thanks Anjele. She'll definitely get the extra special treatment. It's my favorite thing to do anyway. Smile

28-10-2013, 01:23 PM
(28-10-2013 01:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would suggest not trying to use anything that resembles reason with this guy.

Yup. He exposes all his weaknesses, but fails to perceive any of them. Even his name reveals a weakness.

29-10-2013, 01:34 AM

Anjele, having no real points, I see you have regressed back to your school girl days of insults and ad hominems.

I was really hoping you would start behaving better.
29-10-2013, 01:55 AM
(28-10-2013 01:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Where did you get the idea that I'm ok with imparting suffering on my child? I'm not. And I certainly don't have the omnipotence to take her suffering away like God supposedly does. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Why are you so eager to defend a being who supposedly creates, allows, and perpetuates this suffering?

Either you or you wife could have stayed home with the child. However you deemed it acceptable to send your sick child to school when you could have lessened the child's suffering and potentially prevented other children from suffering by being infected by your child. Now given the parameters of the situation you must have been okay with this...otherwise you would have taken a different action.

If you think it is acceptable for your child and potentially other children to take on increase in suffering...more than was necessary.....just so you can execute your plan....why can't God? Obviously you feel a little suffering isn't all that bad.
29-10-2013, 01:57 AM
(28-10-2013 01:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You can argue anyone is a dick but really what is the point?

What is the point of this answer?

Well apparently Impulse gets a pass for not minimizing the suffering of others but God is a dick....right?