Just a cold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: Just a cold
Impulse has a kid with a cold. God tortures and kills people. Biiiiig difference.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-10-2013, 07:15 AM
(29-10-2013 01:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Well apparently Impulse gets a pass for not minimizing the suffering of others but God is a dick....right?

Impulse doesn't claim to be omnibenevolent or otherwise perfect. YHWH does (or at least his followers claim he is).

False equivalence is false.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
29-10-2013, 08:21 AM
(29-10-2013 01:55 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 01:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Where did you get the idea that I'm ok with imparting suffering on my child? I'm not. And I certainly don't have the omnipotence to take her suffering away like God supposedly does. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Why are you so eager to defend a being who supposedly creates, allows, and perpetuates this suffering?

Either you or you wife could have stayed home with the child. However you deemed it acceptable to send your sick child to school when you could have lessened the child's suffering and potentially prevented other children from suffering by being infected by your child. Now given the parameters of the situation you must have been okay with this...otherwise you would have taken a different action.

If you think it is acceptable for your child and potentially other children to take on increase in suffering...more than was necessary.....just so you can execute your plan....why can't God? Obviously you feel a little suffering isn't all that bad.
My daughter did not suffer anymore by going to school than she would have by staying home. She has the same cold either way. In fact, she didn't want to have to make up all the work so, in a way, it made her suffering less by going to school. And where did the suffering come from? Not me. I didn't create the cold germ. According to believers like you, it was your god who did so. So quit trying to redirect blame away from where it belongs.

Also, when did I become comparable to God? I don't appreciate the insult. Tongue

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-10-2013, 08:34 AM
(29-10-2013 01:34 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 01:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would suggest not trying to use anything that resembles reason with this guy.

He jumps in any and all threads, especially if someone is struggling, and vomits his god squad message all over...take advantage of the seemingly vulnerable seems to be sport for Blowme.

He can't do this in the support section, so like a vulture he circles trying to find a perceived moment of weakness.

Anjele, having no real points, I see you have regressed back to your school girl days of insults and ad hominems.

I was really hoping you would start behaving better.

You first.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-10-2013, 01:37 PM
(29-10-2013 05:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  Impulse has a kid with a cold. God tortures and kills people. Biiiiig difference.

Both are in a position to minimize the suffering of others, yet they choose not too....that is what is the same.

Anyone who takes a position that God should minimize suffering in the world but doesn't minimize suffering in the world themselves is a hypocrite. Dom if you spent money on a latte this morning instead of using that money to feed a hungry person, your just as evil as god. Why? Because you had it in your capacity to minimize suffering and you chose not too.
29-10-2013, 01:43 PM
(29-10-2013 08:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 01:34 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anjele, having no real points, I see you have regressed back to your school girl days of insults and ad hominems.

I was really hoping you would start behaving better.

You first.

"you first"....you sound like my 10 year old. Grow up Anjele, just stop calling people names and attack their arguments instead of them.
29-10-2013, 02:00 PM
(29-10-2013 01:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Both are in a position to minimize the suffering of others, yet they choose not too....that is what is the same.

Anyone who takes a position that God should minimize suffering in the world but doesn't minimize suffering in the world themselves is a hypocrite. Dom if you spent money on a latte this morning instead of using that money to feed a hungry person, your just as evil as god. Why? Because you had it in your capacity to minimize suffering and you chose not too.
Again, false equivalence is false.

God could (allegedly) minimize suffering through an infinitesimally small amount of effort, and yet he doesn't. It takes work for people to do that.

Granted, it doesn't mean we shouldn't, but you can always find something more someone could have done. It makes no sense to compare things that people can do to some random, supposedly omnipotent entity.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
29-10-2013, 02:08 PM
(29-10-2013 01:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 08:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You first.

"you first"....you sound like my 10 year old. Grow up Anjele, just stop calling people names and attack their arguments instead of them.

How's this..

Fuck you.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
29-10-2013, 02:38 PM
(29-10-2013 01:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 05:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  Impulse has a kid with a cold. God tortures and kills people. Biiiiig difference.

Both are in a position to minimize the suffering of others, yet they choose not too....that is what is the same.

An omnipotent god could eradicate all suffering in the world, and if we're talking about the Christian God, he supposedly created a world with no suffering and then introduced suffering as a result of the first/original sin. The comparison is already unfair when you're comparing a person born into a world of suffering with the being who created suffering to begin with.

It is not even remotely fair to argue that the power of one man to reduce suffering is the same as the power of an omnipotent being who could eradicate cancer, genocide, rape, starvation, disease, etc. with not more than a sneeze in the right direction.
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
29-10-2013, 02:46 PM
(28-10-2013 10:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Well you've rationalized a reason to send your sick kid to school, so maybe God just rationalized a reason to allow the amount of suffering that exists in the world to exist.

Impulse is omnipotent?