Just a cold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Just a cold
(29-10-2013 01:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Dom if you spent money on a latte this morning instead of using that money to feed a hungry person, your just as evil as god.

Well, you obviously haven't read many of my posts and don't know shit about me.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 10:54 AM
(30-10-2013 01:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 02:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How's this..

Fuck you.

Congratulations....now you sound like a 17 year old.

That's fuckin' awesome dude.

No wait, back then it would have been.

Hey man, that's groovy!

You are such a putz...cool triangle thingy though.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
30-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I like the triangle also as it has made me think how anybody can be in the bottom layers as a result of frustration or anger, but it then hit me how not many theist types reside in the "counterargument" layer or above very often. Why is that so? They seem to muddle around the lower layers until the rationality train passes on by.

Also, it is amusing how we supposedly cannot comprehend god, but some seem to think they know what is on his mind at every whim. "Maybe he does this for this reason", or "maybe he intends this for you". If every statement describing gods actions begins with a "maybe", then MAYBE it is your imagination!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
30-10-2013, 12:17 PM
(30-10-2013 12:04 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  I like the triangle also as it has made me think how anybody can be in the bottom layers as a result of frustration or anger, but it then hit me how not many theist types reside in the "counterargument" layer or above very often. Why is that so? They seem to muddle around the lower layers until the rationality train passes on by.

Also, it is amusing how we supposedly cannot comprehend god, but some seem to think they know what is on his mind at every whim. "Maybe he does this for this reason", or "maybe he intends this for you". If every statement describing gods actions begins with a "maybe", then MAYBE it is your imagination!

Blowme doesn't like me and he thinks his triangle thingy is an impressive way to describe the type of person I am...or at least the kind of person that he thinks I am. New tactic after being a total ass to me and to another member on a different thread...he's all growed up now and showin' that his momma raised him to be a proper gawd-fearing man and he must preach it brother!

The dumb ass isn't bright enough to figure out that my post "You first" was supposed to sound like a ten year old. Thought I would get on his level for that one.

Carry on...I am sure he will come back with a new and exciting geometric shape real soon...maybe a circle, Blowme...something round...in keeping your remarks about me being fat. Cause, like that's real mature...DUH!

30-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Dom, I'm sorry I called you a man.

Otherwise my argument still stands.
30-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Carry on...my bad.

30-10-2013, 01:35 PM
(30-10-2013 12:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The reason Dom doesn't minimize suffering in the world is because she has a different agenda. The reason God doesn't minimize suffering in the world is because He has a different agenda. The amount of effort required has nothing to do with it.

Yes the comparison is valid because both could lessen suffering in the world if that is what they wanted to do. You are critical of God but give Dom a pass. That's a double standard.

I'll accept that as long as you accept that God isn't omnibenevolent. Of course, that being the case, we might ironically expect more from the people of this planet than God.

Epicurus hit the nail on the head 2,300 years ago. No one has come up with a good refutation to this since.
30-10-2013, 01:38 PM
(30-10-2013 12:58 PM)Jasozz Wrote:  Dom, I'm sorry I called you a man.

You better shake in your boots, 'cause according to Mr. Blowme I am the next best thing to god! Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-10-2013, 01:41 PM
(30-10-2013 01:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  

You better shake in your boots, 'cause according to Mr. Blowme I am the next best thing to god! Big Grin

D:

I'll take care of that tommorow. Normally I don't wear boots but I just so happen to be a strapping pirate this Halloween Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
30-10-2013, 01:41 PM
(30-10-2013 01:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  

That's not fair! Dom's such a showoff, being all popular and stuff with Mr. Blowme.

Angry