Just a friendly reminder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: Just a friendly reminder
Well, Oprah is a bad example, she left to start her own network and seems to be failing - the fact that you are not aware of it bears witness to that. She is working her butt off to try and make it work...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:Care to elaborate on how that's what I chose for my life? As a matter of fact, neither do I want to marry, nor do I want to have kids, nor do I want to have a Hitchens quote on my tomb stone. Where in the fuck did you get any of that from?

You come across as just another face in the crowd hence the estimate.

What do you plan to do with your life then?

Quote:I agree that it's your business what you do with your life, but if you're going to post your plans on a public forum, you should expect to be laughed at by people who think that it's an unrealistic, perhaps even naive goal.

Sure but not by you people.

Quote:That being said, you will end up just like everyone else, forgotten by the world after a few decades.

Depends.

Quote:Edit: I almost forgot. You can have both a wife and kids and roll around in a big pile of money. These goals are not mutually exclusive.

I know, there are plenty of rich people with families.
I don't not want one because I want to be rich instead, I just don't want one.

Quote:Well, Oprah is a bad example, she left to start her own network and seems to be failing - the fact that you are not aware of it bears witness to that. She is working her butt off to try and make it work...

What's your point? Opera can't make a TV channel work?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
06-10-2012, 06:37 PM
(06-10-2012 06:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Well, Oprah is a bad example, she left to start her own network and seems to be failing - the fact that you are not aware of it bears witness to that. She is working her butt off to try and make it work...

What's your point? Opera can't make a TV channel work?

Huh? You used her as example for someone who quit working after making a ton of money. She didn't. She started something much more difficult.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I find this kind of thing both incredibly fascinating and utterly terrifying. The amount of space and "hugeness" that exists is almost panic-inducing.

Makes me realize that even if by some chance there is a God out there somewhere; he doesn't give two shits about us. We don't care about the actions of an amoeba in a drop of water in a puddle in the Amazon - and God (if he exists at all) doesn't care about us.

This is what fills me with rage every time I hear a creationist say that "God was really watching out for me, that day."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 05:37 AM
(06-10-2012 06:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You come across as just another face in the crowd hence the estimate.

What do you plan to do with your life then?
I don't know. Sleepy
07-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Even after all that, I still don't feel insignificant. Probably because I am unable to see or fathom such a huge universe.