Just a little rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Just a little rant
Ugh! I been noticing how my dad is giving God all the credit and glory. He never stops to think and give me credit for things that are happening in my life. He's just always like "praise God". What about me? Don't I get any credit for getting job interviews? Don't I get any credit for collecting unemployment money? Don't I get any credit at all? No I don't! It all goes to God and I'm left with nothing!!! This is what makes me hate this religion even more.

How can I escape this piece of shit religion if I hear about it every god damn day!?!?

Do you have any ideas how I can escape this Jesus talk? I just remind myself that God isn't real yet my parents think he is. I try to ignore it and not pay attention to it. But it seeps into my brain. I need to move out asap! But it's hard when I don't have a job. I live with my parents. My step mom is the same way. Giving God all the credit and making me feel like no one is on my side. It really upsets me. Ugh!!!

Please tell me someone has gone through this so I'm not alone. Or at least something similar. I bet if I got a job my dad would give God the credit and I would get shafted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes musicharmony87's post
17-12-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Just a little rant
To me, people giving god the credit is the same as thanking a leprechaun. Just chalk it up to them having a silly superstition.
17-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Just a little rant
(17-12-2015 07:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  To me, people giving god the credit is the same as thanking a leprechaun. Just chalk it up to them having a silly superstition.

I'll try that thanks.
19-12-2015, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2015 11:56 AM by Loom.)
I know how you feel completely. My dad didn't understand when I became upset with him when he said my artistic talent was'a gift from god.' Well, I guess practicing for nearly all my life had nothing to do with it! I get he was well meaning but it still offended me.

I've learned to just ignore it. And vent here. This place is great for that.

Until you are able to financially become independent, I'm afraid you'll just have to tune out the BS.

There's really nothing more you can do, unless your parents are the kind that won't go ballistic if you kindly ask them to tone down the god speak.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
19-12-2015, 11:58 AM
(19-12-2015 11:53 AM)Loom Wrote:  I know how you feel completely. My dad didn't understand when I became upset with him when he said my artistic talent was'a gift from god.' Well, I guess practicing for nearly all my life had nothing to do with it! I get he was well meaning but it still offended me.

Until you are able to financially become independent, I'm afraid you'll just have to tune out the BS.

Exactly, your years of dedication and hard work were not a gift.

The same when someone pulls through a serious illness and people spout, Praise Jebus!".... How about praise science, education and the people who spent their lives dedicated to healing others with science and education?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
19-12-2015, 12:04 PM
(17-12-2015 07:09 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Do you have any ideas how I can escape this Jesus talk?

I just go into blah blah blah mode when my dear mother starts preaching. It's like when I'm listening to a Catholic Mass in Latin. Can't understand a damn thing but it is quite soothing.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-12-2015, 12:15 PM
(19-12-2015 11:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 11:53 AM)Loom Wrote:  I know how you feel completely. My dad didn't understand when I became upset with him when he said my artistic talent was'a gift from god.' Well, I guess practicing for nearly all my life had nothing to do with it! I get he was well meaning but it still offended me.

Exactly, your years of dedication and hard work were not a gift.

The same when someone pulls through a serious illness and people spout, Praise Jebus!".... How about praise science, education and the people who spent their lives dedicated to healing others with science and education?

I argued that once. Not with my dad but with some rabdom Christian. To them, god 'inspired' the doctors to become doctors, thus their efforts had nothing to do with it. It was all god.

I like how when we present them the reality of things, they come up with another way to give god credit, or exempt him from it (if it's something 'bad').

I guess they put so much effort into making him look like a swell guy because the reality is, he is one of the most rotten characters ever to be invented.

/facepalm

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
19-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Just a little rant
(19-12-2015 12:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 07:09 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Do you have any ideas how I can escape this Jesus talk?

I just go into blah blah blah mode when my dear mother starts preaching. It's like when I'm listening to a Catholic Mass in Latin. Can't understand a damn thing but it is quite soothing.

I do that sometimes too. I hate it when they bring up God. It's so hard for me not to roll my eyes.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone.
19-12-2015, 04:50 PM
One time I was talking to Slim's dad, and said what a great boy he has raised. he answered very sternly, "Praise god!"
It was the first time I had been countered with that.
They had home schooled him, and recently he gave up all that crap and is an atheist. Now I can just praise Slim. he is a great young guy working at my former employers, they are a veritable den of fundies.
19-12-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. I would just put all of my energy into finding a job and getting out of there. Hang in there, it will get better once you move out Hug