Just a little rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Just a little rant
Yep. Been there. After a while you get past the rage and just resign yourself to it. Tune it out like Charlie Brown.

Mwamwamwa wopwama... Nod your head uh huh while you're thinking about what you might want for supper. Redirect the conversations.

Not saying it's not irritating, but it's unlikely to change. That's what I've accepted with my parents. I'm mad a lot less often.

Since you don't know me, a bit of background info: fundie upbringing, got married young, asked for a divorce 1/1/15, lived with my parents after the divorce listening to Jesus bullshit during the worst era of my life, and then moved to a different city.

It helps to vent it here if you have nowhere else.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: Just a little rant
I understand how you feel. My cousin is a nurse and devout christian. I told her it bothers me when people say praise God for healing for the doctors and nurse that worked on the patient around the clock. She said she doesn't want recognition for the work she does. She wants all her work done for the god she believes in. She doesn't see what's wrong with the logic in that. Talk about delusional. She wants to be a slave for the invisible god she can't prove.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply