Just a quick introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Just a quick introduction
I'm a 45 year old construction worker from the upper Midwest. I've lead a basically agnostic life, without really confirming any concrete position on the matter of belief. After watching the damage that fundamentalists of all stripes are doing to our nation and world, for some time now, however, I've been trying to do just that. It's turned out to be much harder than I thought. The whole matter of some sort of afterlife just seems to be a sticking point for me. Dumping the magic sky-daddy was peanuts. I've doubted him since I've been able to understand who he was supposed to be. The hazier "spirit" thing though, is a harder question, for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WriteNoob's post
26-09-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Just a quick introduction
(26-09-2013 03:54 PM)WriteNoob Wrote:  I'm a 45 year old construction worker from the upper Midwest.

That's somewhere in Murika, right?

(26-09-2013 03:54 PM)WriteNoob Wrote:  ...
The whole matter of some sort of afterlife just seems to be a sticking point for me. Dumping the magic sky-daddy was peanuts. I've doubted him since I've been able to understand who he was supposed to be. The hazier "spirit" thing though, is a harder question, for me.

The 'afterlife' thing usually relates to fear of the unknown.
It's a basic human survival instinct.

Get in touch with your inner ape and drown your fears in hazy spirits.

Thumbsup

And welcome aboard the reality train.

Smile

27-09-2013, 12:33 AM
(26-09-2013 03:54 PM)WriteNoob Wrote:  I'm a 45 year old construction worker from the upper Midwest. I've lead a basically agnostic life, without really confirming any concrete position on the matter of belief. After watching the damage that fundamentalists of all stripes are doing to our nation and world, for some time now, however, I've been trying to do just that. It's turned out to be much harder than I thought. The whole matter of some sort of afterlife just seems to be a sticking point for me. Dumping the magic sky-daddy was peanuts. I've doubted him since I've been able to understand who he was supposed to be. The hazier "spirit" thing though, is a harder question, for me.

Please, explain the 'spirit' thing. I'm intrigued. Also, welcome to the forum! Wink

27-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Welcome Smile