Just a rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Just a rant
Things have not been going well for me lately. Nothing serious, just a whole series of little irritants that seem to keep coming. Nothing serious enough for the Official Crying Thread where people have real problems.

First, Trump won the election. Wait, that was four months ago. Never mind.

Second, last month my computer went bad. It was still in warranty but the store said I had to send it back to Lenovo for repair. Si far, so good. I have been thinking about getting a second computer, one that I could use exclusively off line. So I'm looking at this little minimal laptop (no CD drive) that costs $169. The salesman tells me I definitely don't want that one. I look at others. The only one the salesman thinks is good enough costs $300. No, thank you.

So I find this little refurb on line for #128. With shipping it's almost $140. I go for it. It arrived today without a battery charger. I call the seller. After around 20 minutes on hold I get a recording "We don't have anyone to help you right now. Leave a message and we'll get back to you."

So I'm off to the store to see if I can find a workable charger. Here's one that will do the job. It's $60. Wait a minute. That's a total of $200. If you had sold me the $169 job I wanted in the first place I'd be ahead and happy.

Meanwhile my original computer comes back from Lenovo. It was supposed to be a simple solder-two-wires-together job. They wiped the disk clean. Now it's going to take three days for Carbonite to restore my data. My experience with Carbonite has been the only positive thing recently.

I still think Trump is behind all this.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
18-03-2017, 04:47 AM
RE: Just a rant
I know the feeling. Those little irritants of life.

I think Trump scares the living shit out of most of us. I've had to start avoiding news about him because it gives me panic attacks. And I'm not even in the US. The rest of the world should get to vote for US presidential elections. American decisions fuck up our world too! *painful sigh*

Being without a computer is horrifying! I hope you at least have a good smartphone. How did we actually live without the internet back in the olden days?!
Getting electronics repaired... Try not to bang your head against the wall as hard as you feel the urge to. Skull fractures are a bother too.

Trump is certainly behind everything sucky in the world. Including brussels sprouts.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
18-03-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Just a rant
(18-03-2017 04:47 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  I know the feeling. Those little irritants of life.

I think Trump scares the living shit out of most of us. I've had to start avoiding news about him because it gives me panic attacks. And I'm not even in the US. The rest of the world should get to vote for US presidential elections. American decisions fuck up our world too! *painful sigh*

Being without a computer is horrifying! I hope you at least have a good smartphone. How did we actually live without the internet back in the olden days?!
Getting electronics repaired... Try not to bang your head against the wall as hard as you feel the urge to. Skull fractures are a bother too.

Trump is certainly behind everything sucky in the world. Including brussels sprouts.

I LOVE (sautéed) brussel sprouts D:

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/