Just a small thank you to deep and robotworld

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Just a small thank you to deep and robotworld
Sometime last year I posted this Thread asking for some help with chemistry.

DeepThought and robotworld posted links that were very useful in helping me understand chemistry, back when I had never studied it before.

They Helped massively in the beginning. I got my exam results today and I got an A for chemistry. Thank you for the help. You guys are awesome.

I've given robotworld a +2 rep as a small thank you, can someone do me a favour and give Deep +2 as I've maxed out my rep to him when he added the shoutbox.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
07-08-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: Just a small thank you to deep and robotworld
Yay, congrats for getting such an awesome result!! Hope you enjoyed your learning journey in Chemistry, one of the "fun" sciences in my opinion Big Grin School's starting soon for me, can't wait to learn new things both in the realm of science and humanities Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
07-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks Smile. It was the first time Ive studied chemistry and it was easily my favourite subject. It also helped with biology as the two are linked it made things make so much more sense. Its also the first time I've had an A and I got two. So I'm pretty fucking chuffed Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
07-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Congrats ClapClapClap

..and the rep has been done Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 09:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-08-2012 12:20 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Thanks Smile. It was the first time Ive studied chemistry and it was easily my favourite subject. It also helped with biology as the two are linked it made things make so much more sense. Its also the first time I've had an A and I got two.

Bravo fucker! I never grokked chemistry, always came across as alchemy to me. Still does. Don't get me wrong I am a big consumer of their alchemy.

(07-08-2012 12:20 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So I'm pretty fucking chuffed Big Grin

Well just to stick the first pin in your happy dance balloon, that C in Math ain't all that impressive. ... There are many here who could help turn that into an A. Symbol manipulation is easy ... The assignment of observables to symbols is what's tricky.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-08-2012, 08:10 AM
(07-08-2012 08:00 PM)aurora Wrote:  Congrats ClapClapClap

..and the rep has been done Smile
Thanks Rora Smile
(07-08-2012 08:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bravo fucker! I never grokked chemistry, always came across as alchemy to me. Still does. Don't get me wrong I am a big consumer of their alchemy.

Well just to stick the first pin in your happy dance balloon, that C in Math ain't all that impressive. ... There are many here who could help turn that into an A. Symbol manipulation is easy ... The assignment of observables to symbols is what's tricky.

Thanks.

I'm happy with the C its a big improvement from the last time I did maths which ended up in a no grade.

I was doing well all year at it, we just happened to get a fucking brutal paper for the exam. It reduced my friend Jen to tears and she was the best at it out of everyone in our level.
And the lecturers had to discuss some of the questions after it. These are people with various maths degrees and years of experience having to discuss how to answer questions. Thats how horrible our paper was this year.