Just a thought...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Just a thought...
An only for an instant. Creationism a tale of six days; yet every instant an evolutionist wishes to debate, he or she can study a chapter from the book of evolution to learn a new method of attack... can do it for every attack for a lifetime, learning a chapter from evolution, and never repeat the same argument...

Or six days...

Isn't belief in creator god; supposed to be by followers who act out the divine attribute... like, creation?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-01-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Just a thought...
Let's see...

The arsenal for an evolutionist includes but not limited to:
- How does variation occur? (Mutations, recombination during meiosis, horizontal gene transfer)
- The mechanisms of evolution (Natural selection, mutations, genetic drift, gene flow, artificial selection)
- Concept of selection pressure using Darwin-Wallace's theory of evolution
- How does speciation occur? (Geographical isolation, reproductive isolating mechanisms)
- The mechanisms of speciation (Allopatric, peripatric, parapatric, sympatric)
- Evidence for evolution (Homologous structures, vestigiality, molecular comparisons)
- Adaptive radiation
- Common ancestry of species

The arsenal for a theist includes:
- God did it. He either created the world in a literal six days, in metaphorical six days, and designed every species. Look at how perfect we humans are. We are the best! Disregard the fact that some animals have better senses.
- It's a THEORY
- I agree with evolution and accept it, but who do you think started the chain of reactions that leads to life? Therefore, God did it.
- It's useless for me to argue with a heathen like you. I hope you burn in hell.

Hope this isn't too offensive Tongue

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like robotworld's post
01-02-2012, 06:57 AM
(31-01-2012 10:55 PM)robotworld Wrote:  Let's see...

The arsenal for an evolutionist includes but not limited to:
- How does variation occur? (Mutations, recombination during meiosis, horizontal gene transfer)
- The mechanisms of evolution (Natural selection, mutations, genetic drift, gene flow, artificial selection)
- Concept of selection pressure using Darwin-Wallace's theory of evolution
- How does speciation occur? (Geographical isolation, reproductive isolating mechanisms)
- The mechanisms of speciation (Allopatric, peripatric, parapatric, sympatric)
- Evidence for evolution (Homologous structures, vestigiality, molecular comparisons)
- Adaptive radiation
- Common ancestry of species

The arsenal for a theist includes:
- God did it. He either created the world in a literal six days, in metaphorical six days, and designed every species. Look at how perfect we humans are. We are the best! Disregard the fact that some animals have better senses.
- It's a THEORY
- I agree with evolution and accept it, but who do you think started the chain of reactions that leads to life? Therefore, God did it.
- It's useless for me to argue with a heathen like you. I hope you burn in hell.

Hope this isn't too offensive Tongue

Not nearly offensive enough.

These bozos insult human dignity, intelligence, and accomplishment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Does anyone else notice the poor use of commas, semi-colons, and sentence fragments by HoC?

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
02-02-2012, 12:39 AM
(01-02-2012 10:13 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Does anyone else notice the poor use of commas, semi-colons, and sentence fragments by HoC?

You read that and you're concerned about his Grammar? My friend, there are much, much worse things to be concerned about regarding Cantor.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 4 users Like Hamata k's post
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
(31-01-2012 04:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  An only for an instant. Creationism a tale of six days; yet every instant an evolutionist wishes to debate, he or she can study a chapter from the book of evolution to learn a new method of attack... can do it for every attack for a lifetime, learning a chapter from evolution, and never repeat the same argument...

Or six days...

Isn't belief in creator god; supposed to be by followers who act out the divine attribute... like, creation?
lots of creationist believe that the earth is in fact billions of years old and that the earth was not in fact created in six days...
02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
lots of creationists believe that the earth was not created in six days, but 6 billion years
03-02-2012, 05:00 PM
(02-02-2012 08:05 PM)gibson Wrote:  lots of creationists believe that the earth was not created in six days, but 6 billion years

Yes, but in order to rationalize their stance without actually admitting that science is right they then go on to claim that a "day" in "God's" mind lasts hundreds of thousands of years and not the 24 hour type day we are familiar with.

This way creationists can deftly side-step the issue of the Earths age yet still claim that any fossils of animals we have are put there by either satan or god (often both) in order to "test" faith and to trick us. You know the old song-and-dance with that one I'm sure.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
[+] 2 users Like Dragon-Wolf's post
06-02-2012, 07:05 AM
(01-02-2012 10:13 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Does anyone else notice the poor use of commas, semi-colons, and sentence fragments by HoC?

Does it really matter???

I passed my exams in English Literature with flying colours........but there just words and symbols.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
06-02-2012, 07:28 AM
(06-02-2012 07:05 AM)bemore Wrote:  

Does it really matter???

I passed my exams in English Literature with flying colours........but there just words and symbols.

They're just words and symbols.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post