Just'a venting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Just'a venting
I am so fucking sick of my high school. After a shitty semester and my principle being a dick, I just want to rest.
He put me in maymester, and in math. It was incredibly stressful, hours upon hours of work, a whole semesters work in 2 weeks. (I got done with half a semester in a week in a half, but I couldn't finish it) I had asked him to take me out, but he wouldn't.
Then, about a few days later, when people are not on campus he announces we could drop the class. He didn't find me when I *was* on campus, despite me being by the front office every morning, and I didn't find out about the option until it was too late.
Fuck. Him.
I never wanted to punch him so much until right then and there.
Since it's still a program (a collegiate program, so it's not my "real" highschool, i have a "home" high school) he can technically send people back to their home highschool. One of my bestfriends failed a class (because he made MANDATORY STAAR tutoring, and she had to miss her final, and she couldn't reschedule) she's in danger of being sent back. When she talked to the home high school she found out that he didn't even send transcripts over, he hadn't even been talking to our high school at all.

And now, that summer is here, my mom doesn't have enough funds to pay on the car and phone bills, and I n eed to get a job. Only thing is no one is really hiring temporary, and we both agree that a gas station isn't really a safe job.
Facepalm
I just want a break before I punch someone in the face.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: Just'a venting
I confess that I didn't understand much of that because your education system is a complete mystery to me but I can tell that you're ever so slightly unhappy.

Would a Hug be in order?

Hug

19-06-2014, 02:20 AM
(19-06-2014 12:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I confess that I didn't understand much of that because your education system is a complete mystery to me but I can tell that you're ever so slightly unhappy.

Would a Hug be in order?

Hug

To be fair, the program is a mess. He skipped out on a lot of duties as a principle - and it hurt the students.

Yeah, *Hugs*

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
19-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Are you in TX perchance? Anywhere near Beaumont?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
19-06-2014, 11:00 AM
(19-06-2014 06:56 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Are you in TX perchance? Anywhere near Beaumont?

About 5 hours yea

19-06-2014, 02:12 PM
(19-06-2014 11:00 AM)Question Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 06:56 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Are you in TX perchance? Anywhere near Beaumont?

About 5 hours yea

So you're not IN the Beaumont school district. Hmm. They've been having some serious issues - I thought maybe your principal was part of that fiasco.

But pleasedtomeetyou anyway. I'm one of the evil people that write the STAAR materials. Not that I'm exactly proud about that; I only do it because they pay me.

19-06-2014, 09:43 PM
(19-06-2014 02:12 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 11:00 AM)Question Wrote:  About 5 hours yea

So you're not IN the Beaumont school district. Hmm. They've been having some serious issues - I thought maybe your principal was part of that fiasco.

But pleasedtomeetyou anyway. I'm one of the evil people that write the STAAR materials. Not that I'm exactly proud about that; I only do it because they pay me.

Fuck you they made me go to tutoring xD Got a great grade on the History staar, I think I was only off from a perfect score from like 6 points or something?
But nah, that's cool man. I hate STAAR but you seem awesome xD

20-06-2014, 06:50 AM
(19-06-2014 09:43 PM)Question Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 02:12 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  So you're not IN the Beaumont school district. Hmm. They've been having some serious issues - I thought maybe your principal was part of that fiasco.

Fuck you they made me go to tutoring xD Got a great grade on the History staar, I think I was only off from a perfect score from like 6 points or something?

Why, thank you. I don't like the STAAR stuff, either. It's poorly written and confusing as hell. But, as I said, <sigh> they pay me, sorta. Beats standing on a street corner, I guess, although I often feel as though it's the same profession.

Hang in there. This, too, shall pass and you'll get outta Dodge while the principal will still be stuck there. Concentrate on looking for that temp job. Best of luck to you!

[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
20-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Double post, sorry.

20-06-2014, 10:37 AM
(20-06-2014 06:50 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 09:43 PM)Question Wrote:  Fuck you they made me go to tutoring xD Got a great grade on the History staar, I think I was only off from a perfect score from like 6 points or something?

Why, thank you. I don't like the STAAR stuff, either. It's poorly written and confusing as hell. But, as I said, <sigh> they pay me, sorta. Beats standing on a street corner, I guess, although I often feel as though it's the same profession.

Hang in there. This, too, shall pass and you'll get outta Dodge while the principal will still be stuck there. Concentrate on looking for that temp job. Best of luck to you!
I'm curious, which STAAR do you work on? Math, reading, history, science?