Just'a venting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2014, 07:08 AM
RE: Just'a venting
(20-06-2014 10:37 AM)Question Wrote:  
(20-06-2014 06:50 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Why, thank you. I don't like the STAAR stuff, either. It's poorly written and confusing as hell. But, as I said, <sigh> they pay me, sorta. Beats standing on a street corner, I guess, although I often feel as though it's the same profession.

Hang in there. This, too, shall pass and you'll get outta Dodge while the principal will still be stuck there. Concentrate on looking for that temp job. Best of luck to you!
I'm curious, which STAAR do you work on? Math, reading, history, science?

Math, usually grade 3 - 7. We are in the middle of a big crunch to write more TEKS and STAAR stuff at the moment because the TX adoptions are coming up and all the publishers want to promote their books. I'm up to my eyeballs in TEKS and STAAR stuff and getting pretty worn out over it.

What kind of job are you looking for?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 05:47 PM
(21-06-2014 07:08 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(20-06-2014 10:37 AM)Question Wrote:  I'm curious, which STAAR do you work on? Math, reading, history, science?

Math, usually grade 3 - 7. We are in the middle of a big crunch to write more TEKS and STAAR stuff at the moment because the TX adoptions are coming up and all the publishers want to promote their books. I'm up to my eyeballs in TEKS and STAAR stuff and getting pretty worn out over it.

I applied at smaller retail shops, I don't really like to deal with a lot of people at a time, but my mom is just getting any application she can and filling it out for me, but it hasn't worked out even.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
21-06-2014, 08:35 PM
(21-06-2014 05:47 PM)Question Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 07:08 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Math, usually grade 3 - 7. We are in the middle of a big crunch to write more TEKS and STAAR stuff at the moment because the TX adoptions are coming up and all the publishers want to promote their books. I'm up to my eyeballs in TEKS and STAAR stuff and getting pretty worn out over it.

I applied at smaller retail shops, I don't really like to deal with a lot of people at a time, but my mom is just getting any application she can and filling it out for me, but it hasn't worked out even.

Thought about construction? There's a ton of jobs at the entry level, but you'd work your ass off. Limited people contact, too.

Babysitting? Lawn care? Car washing? Dog sitting? Run errands for people? You might need to get creative and invent your own service. I know the general economy sucks, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?