Just ask Jesus to enter your life...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Just ask Jesus to enter your life...
lol good point.

"I am qualified"

are you really? I will bet the first two things he would provide are these statements..

"Have you prayed for help?"

"Are you living your life for the lord jesus christ?"

then drop this on him.....

"NO? Well see...that is the problem, you are living in sin, and the lord jesus christ died for your sins and just wants you to love him, and in return all of your dreams will come true...you are having so much turmoil in your life because you turned from jesus....come...lets read some scripture together, and get you on the path to living right..."

lol I missed my calling, I could be filthy rich right now, make a great living..just peddle the BS to the gullible and stupid. Slap on a creepy smile, get a nice suit, build me up a big church...come on down to the Church of the Lord and see preacher GWG light the fires of salvation! *pass that plate brother johnson* yes lord, amen, can you feeeeel the power in the house tonight? I say, can I get an AMEN, wooooooooo I can feel the POWER of the LORD JESUS CHRIST coursing through me tonight, can I get an amen! Come, come down to the altar and ask Jesus christ to enter your heart tonight, lets ring the bells of salvation tonight, let God know we are here singing his praise, can I get an amen! yes brothers and sisters, we are going to travel this road together, who feels it? Who wants Jesus Christ to enter their lives tonight? Lets pass the plate and show jesus how much we love him, how much we want to help the cause, to save humanity, you can save humanity with me tonight, be a part of something bigger than you, wooooo I feel good tonight.

Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
05-12-2014, 01:38 PM
(04-12-2014 06:14 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Also, the "he's suffering, let's convert him now in his moment of weakness!" vultures really piss me off.

Damn. Facepalm That would made a far better picture than a shark. I was thinking of the problems LGB groups at universities have when older gay men act like sharks around the vulnerable first years who are just coming out and how they were referred to as sharks.
05-12-2014, 03:15 PM
(05-12-2014 12:44 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Q

Quote:I'm offering WHATEVER et needs, including financial help or access to 100% cost-free, secular mental counseling if the networks I work with have it in his area of the world.

What I disapproved of is someone saying "don't talk to Q, listen to us anonymous avatars on this impersonal forum for help".

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post to say I am ONLY offering prayer or other "spiritual" help. Most of you responded to et as if everything would be better because he left that mean 'ole church and has come to the glorious light of atheism. That might help with, say, feelings of guilt over religious misdeeds, but not provide the emotional and psychological counseling it sounds like et might need.

and you are implying that religion can provide said emotional support WITHOUT squeezing faith into it? I doubt it. One of my collateral duties in the Navy is I am an ASSIST certified counselor (advanced suicidal ideation counselor) and I am the only atheist that is certified at that level as an officer, the others are chaplains, and it is literally impossible for them to get a sentence out without swinging it towards the faith. I am not saying it is impossible that a faith based person can't help without serving up jesus, but in my vast experience with the church and its followers, any help offered has an agenda tied to it...like the picture here:

[Image: 9ve1x1.jpg]

Quote:
What also SUCKS is what was in the first response to my post, as if et received financial or psychological help to improve his life and alleviate depression or ease bipolar systems, etc. while -- Lord forbid -- re-deconverting his faith, that would be AWFUL. Yes, what a TRAGEDY if someone should dare lapse back into theism while getting their life together.

That would be a tragedy, to slip back into delusion in your moment of weakness is an awful fate for someone who at some point knew it was all BS.

Quote: I'd rather some person left the church for a while, or for ever, than dealt with untreated bipolar disease or harmed themselves, etc.

I agree, and religion is not the cure, nor the answer to anything. Religion is only useful to subjugate someone, to control someone, to skew someone's natural ability to comprehend the world around them based on reality, reason and logic, not the "drink the kool aid" and then AFTER you die = paradise BS fairy tale as a solution for anything.

Quote:GROW UP and see the bigger picture, people. Some of you are going straight to Heaven when you die even though you have chosen at this time to be atheists. See the bigger picture, please.

Grow up? You believe in fairy tales, based on a book riddled with Fiction, Forgery and Fantasy, that purports a super genie floating in nothingness created hundreds of billions of planets, until he got one juuuuust right, then grabbed a handful of dirt and blew into and *gasp* created man, gave him "free will" with the eternal slavery clause of believe in me or spend eternity in hell, yeah cause THAT isn't a biased ultimatum....and you truly believe this BS and you say to us...grow up? How about you fucking grow up and pull your head out of fantasy land and join the real world....the world where zombie saviors, dragons and fairies don't exist, but it is still a pretty nice place to live....

Slight corrections if I may.

1) Not religion, relationship. Jesus is a part of my life and a friend and Jesus involved in things I'm involved in. You are asking me to help others while not being ME. That's not fair and I wouldn't ask that an atheist "stop preaching atheism" while helping their fellow man.

2) You are missing my last post almost in its entirety. If I help et, "feed" him with what he really needs (the opposite of the Haiti picture you posted) who cares if I add religion? YOU DO. Why?! It clearly bothers you A LOT. I don't care if you preach atheism to someone while you help them or even if that is the main reason you "love your neighbor as yourself".

3) I don't appreciate the Haiti photo, because I've been to some Central American countries, and am visiting South America next year (very exciting!) and I, like thousands and thousands of others, never go with JUST Bibles. We build homes, feed people, bring medical supplies--sometimes doctors and nurses themselves.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2014, 03:18 PM
(04-12-2014 07:48 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 06:14 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  

Oh my, the things I see in quote boxes. And what a solid reminder of why you're on my ignore list.

When somebody claims to feel hurt and betrayed by religion, you should hold off from offering to heal them with... religion. How dare you be so oblivious to the OP's pain. That's an obvious courtesy for anyone who's suffered a traumatic experience.

You ARE qualified to deal with mental health and trauma, yes?

I know, it takes patience and restraint to not come in guns blazing. However, you need to practice both. I'm sure that was simply a slip on your part. Also, it's inrcredibly arrogant to discredit what were most likely the sincere efforts of other Christians with a wave of your hand. Again, probably just a slip on your part.

If you're going to offer solutions, beyond sympathy, to what appear to be mental health problems, it would be reasonable to expect you to post your credentials. No, I'm not referring to your incredible 100%, unverifiable, success record in faith healing. Actual, verifiable, credentials that show you are qualified to offer more than just sympathy. Things that must be earned in the real world and verified by professional peers.

1. Clearly I'm on ignore from you, because I've offered several times to help pay for professional counseling.

2. I've spent a year in a lay counseling training program to sharpen skills. I formerly headed our church's counseling "program". I'm not a qualified counselor.

3. The guns blazing are because someone giving clear indications of real pain was getting trite, hackneyed "answers" from the "professional counselors here". Thanks for NOT pointing out ANY atheist's "counseling", just mine, AGAIN showing your biases.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
05-12-2014, 03:19 PM
(05-12-2014 01:36 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  lol good point.

"I am qualified"

are you really? I will bet the first two things he would provide are these statements..

"Have you prayed for help?"

"Are you living your life for the lord jesus christ?"

then drop this on him.....

"NO? Well see...that is the problem, you are living in sin, and the lord jesus christ died for your sins and just wants you to love him, and in return all of your dreams will come true...you are having so much turmoil in your life because you turned from jesus....come...lets read some scripture together, and get you on the path to living right..."

lol I missed my calling, I could be filthy rich right now, make a great living..just peddle the BS to the gullible and stupid. Slap on a creepy smile, get a nice suit, build me up a big church...come on down to the Church of the Lord and see preacher GWG light the fires of salvation! *pass that plate brother johnson* yes lord, amen, can you feeeeel the power in the house tonight? I say, can I get an AMEN, wooooooooo I can feel the POWER of the LORD JESUS CHRIST coursing through me tonight, can I get an amen! Come, come down to the altar and ask Jesus christ to enter your heart tonight, lets ring the bells of salvation tonight, let God know we are here singing his praise, can I get an amen! yes brothers and sisters, we are going to travel this road together, who feels it? Who wants Jesus Christ to enter their lives tonight? Lets pass the plate and show jesus how much we love him, how much we want to help the cause, to save humanity, you can save humanity with me tonight, be a part of something bigger than you, wooooo I feel good tonight.

Rolleyes

Again, feel free to actually read my posts not just someone's comments who has me on ignore and doesn't even read my posts, either! So much bias at these forums. Really.

et was ALREADY living for Jesus by his admission. He likely needs professional counseling.

05-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Q

Quote:1) Not religion, relationship. Jesus is a part of my life and a friend and Jesus involved in things I'm involved in. You are asking me to help others while not being ME. That's not fair and I wouldn't ask that an atheist "stop preaching atheism" while helping their fellow man.

That falls under delusion. You don't have a relationship with jesus, you have a relationship with yourself...the voices in your head come from within you, not an invisible god, or his alleged false prophet son jesus. How does one preach atheism, atheism is the lack of belief, I wouldnt hand someone a plate of food and say, "you don't believe in god do you? because if you do, you can't have the food"...or.."here sit down, and while you eat I will show you a movie disproving religion"....not the way we work bubba, that is the way YOU guys work. I know, I was on the inside remember?

Quote:2) You are missing my last post almost in its entirety. If I help et, "feed" him with what he really needs (the opposite of the Haiti picture you posted) who cares if I add religion? YOU DO. Why?! It clearly bothers you A LOT. I don't care if you preach atheism to someone while you help them or even if that is the main reason you "love your neighbor as yourself".

It is spoiled goods. Pretend to care about his human condition while offering him snake oil as a solution for his real world problems...jesus wont pay his rent or feed him, unless he becomes a tv evangelist of course like joel osteen..he doesnt need faith, he needs real solutions, real assistance, a way forward based on the real world....believing everything is of a divine plan removes the individuals responsibility and motivation to fix his own problems, not pray them away.

Quote:3) I don't appreciate the Haiti photo, because I've been to some Central American countries, and am visiting South America next year (very exciting!) and I, like thousands and thousands of others, never go with JUST Bibles. We build homes, feed people, bring medical supplies--sometimes doctors and nurses themselves.

I really don't care what you appreciate, truly. You represent the evil in this world...religion. The faster we can remove it, the better off mankind will be. I have and do build housing for the homeless, and have worked with foundation beyond belief for a couple years. As a military member I have painted schools and fixed homes in most countries in the world, every port we pull into, we do COMRELs, which is community relations, we fix schools, mentor kids, build homes...all without handing out delusion, or religion. The point is, the fat overfed delusion peddling piece of shit in that picture I posted represents PERFECTLY the disingenuous work they do abroad....here lets build a school, and indoctrinate them in christianity...this passive aggressive corrosive BS is just wrong, and those humanitarian efforts can be done by a secular humanist based world, no bible needed.

My mother is a Pentecostal minister and can barely make her rent month to month, yet she has been raising money, and saving money for 3 years now so she can go join a group in africa and save souls....I love my mother, but hate her religion...and yours..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-12-2014, 03:31 PM
I stopped at "weather in Florida... Cold.."

LMFAO
05-12-2014, 04:11 PM
If the OP is still here, and you want to answer, please tell us. Did Q's offer to show you the "true gospel" and refer you to "healing ministries" upset you, or not? Did anyone's suggestion for counseling, or a PM, or general advice, upset you?

(05-12-2014 03:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. Clearly I'm on ignore from you, because I've offered several times to help pay for professional counseling.

I forgot how dishonest you are, PleaseJesus/Q. I'll take you off stealth mode and do some reading to see if I've made an error...

... and back. I forgot how much fun it is scraping posts. So, here's a collection of all your posts in this thread to date. It would appear you've lied on several points.

#19: 2) seeing what I can do to help with the rest.
"What I can do" must have meant "pay for professional counseling. I mean, the two phrases are nearly interchangeable. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

#22 - No mention of paying for anything.

#28 - I'm offering WHATEVER et needs, including financial help
This is the first, and only, mention of paying for professional help. And seriously, a generous offer. It's a shame you squandered the opportunity with your approach.

#33 - No mention of paying for anything.

#34 - No mention of paying for anything.

#35 - No mention of paying for anything.

(05-12-2014 03:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2. I've spent a year in a lay counseling training program to sharpen skills. I formerly headed our church's counseling "program". I'm not a qualified counselor.

So not qualified then. Neither am I, although I have also worked with troubled youth and adults. Which brings us right back to the crux of the issue and my only argument, the one you keep disregarding:

(05-12-2014 03:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. The guns blazing are because someone giving clear indications of real pain was getting trite, hackneyed "answers" from the "professional counselors here". Thanks for NOT pointing out ANY atheist's "counseling", just mine, AGAIN showing your biases.

Let's recap, mostly for everyone else. You'll ignore this point completely (again). The OP has serious issues and resentments against religion. To the chalkboard, Bart:

I WILL NOT OFFER RELIGIOUS SOLUTIONS TO PEOPLE WITH EMOTIONAL TRAUMA CAUSED BY RELIGION
I WILL NOT OFFER RELIGIOUS SOLUTIONS TO PEOPLE WITH EMOTIONAL TRAUMA CAUSED BY RELIGION
I WILL NOT OFFER RELIGIOUS SOLUTIONS TO...

Completely. Insensitive.

I even offered you a suggestion of an opening line; I truly believe you want to help and was trying to offer a way to facilitate that without being so ham-fisted. A way to still offer help without alienating yourself through religious context. You also ignored that. You see, I didn't criticize you for offering to help. I criticized you for offering to help with religion, an OBVIOUS point of trauma for the OP. You know this, but when faced with a mistake, you consistently chose to dance around it and instead construct strawmen.

As for atheist counseling, I reread to see if there was any. I found the following posts that went as far as to suggest specific treatment:

Quote:Microterf
Thanks for the heartfelt story, I hope that everything is going well, seem's like it's gotten a lot better at least. If you need anything always feel free to PM me.

Quote:Stevil
Perhaps a doctor and/or psychiatrist, perhaps medication, perhaps a support group? I think you probably have some special issues that require some special and focused attention.

Quote:Peebothuhul
All I can offer, much like any one else here, is an electronic shoulder for you as some support. As others have said, please seek help from medical folks who have the knowledge and skills to help you with your things.

The rest are either shock about a cat dying, or relating personally to mental illness, or a general "sorry to hear that."

See any religion in those posts? See anything that might trigger a negative reaction from someone wounded by religion? See any negative or questionable advice at all? I don't, which means you just made a false judgement against these people. As is your MO. But I forgive you, PleaseJesus.

By the way, since you considered your comment "see what I can do" to mean "pay for counceling" (editors note: this comment appears in post #19, and a similar comment appears in post #28, both being referenced to as "several times"), can I assume that Microterf's " If you need anything always feel free to PM me" to have a similar meaning?

For those of you listening, part of counseling is establishing trust. PJ, Q Continuum, whatever, ruined a genuine attempt at help by representing the very thing the OP resents.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 7 users Like guitar_nut's post
05-12-2014, 04:48 PM
(04-12-2014 12:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 06:21 PM)etbonney Wrote:  It's the holidays again. I'm never sure if I mean to say that with excitement like a screeching kid elated over the prospect of getting a new shiny toy, or if I mean to convey it like an overworked, unpaid laborer with a large family that judges you on your offerings under the tree. Today it is certainly the latter.

The thanksgiving holiday was rough. My health is failing, the weather in Florida cannot decide to be warm or cold and the end of the year rush at work is making the few days we have remaining for this year difficult to endure. When I woke up this morning, I was already on the wrong side of the bed and as I limped into work and bit my tongue to dull the pain in my legs I turned on a little Seth to help me plug through the day.

I did not discover the podcast until a year ago, so I'm not sure if I'm proud to be in the 2013 archives already, or pissed that I haven't caught up yet but the topic I just listened to was the 2 hour conversion he had with his former boss at KXOJ. I never felt the need to *comment* before on any particular podcast, but this one dug into me a little more than I cared too and I need to express something about it.

First off, does any know what a contrarian is? I'd google it, but I'm just too tired. This isn't where the brunt of my rant will be, I just never heard the word. The boss referred to Seth as an atheists and himself as a contrarian when presented with the same evidence. I'm guess he doesn't mean "believer"? Anyway...

My main beef with this man's approach is what he counts as evidence. His little word game where he suckered Seth into acknowledging that evidence of love towards another person can be construed to show how someone's actions can show existence of God was annoying, but I'll forgive Seth's romantic view of the world. No, my issue was at the very end of the podcast the former boss stated that during our darkest moment, if we asked Jesus to enter our lives the changes we would experience would amount to proof that God existence is real.

In the middle of a workshop with other people standing around I screamed at a computer screen... "What makes you think I haven't already DONE that?"

Story time folks...

I have always been ignorant of religion. My mother says I'm catholic, but the moment I first saw Jesus nailed to the cross, I threw up a little. I knew then I wasn't catholic. As for my father's side of the family, Presbyterians put me to sleep so what little time I spent there didn't amount to much other then nap time. I used this time to make up for the fact that I'd stay up all night on saturday trying to save Princess Peach until my fingers turned blue.

Both of my parents eventually gave up trying to teach me religion so I grew up without it. I was six years into military service before I was introduced to it again. This time, in one of the darkest moments in my life.

I always thought of myself as a career sailor. I didn't have dreams of joining the Navy growing up, but when I joined I loved it so much I wanted to stay in forever. Sadly my career was cut short because I was diagnosed with Bipolar I Disorder when I went a surprising month or two without consistent sleep and my mood swings began to get noticed by others with a higher rank then me. Before I could even come to grips with the diagnoses, the Navy upended my entire lively hood by removing me from military service and the life I had come to love.

Fuck me...

So I'm a few months from discharge, 25 years old with a few thousand in debt (including a new car I just purchased some months before) no idea what I'm going to do about work or money, where I plan to live or how I'm going to deal with this condition when I meet a nice lady who took an interest in my story and decided to hook her religious talons into me at my moment of weakness. Oh yeah, it worked. Before I could blink I was standing in Pentacostal heaven singing praise to the ol' mighty that he'd cure me and make me better.

Fast forward a few weeks.

Oh the promises... the prayers, the phone calls... nothing that church did ever really helped me deal with my condition or the fact that my life was being turned upside down because of it. I didn't have bipolar disorder, I was just confused because I didn't have a relationship with God. When I tried to have one, I found myself beating the shit out of an innocent cat (I don't know why either, I blame the drugs) or feeling so desolate and unworthy that I spent an entire fourth of July weekend camped out underneath my pool table. This is the best God can do? Before I just had trouble sleeping, and I'd sometimes snap at people for asking me things but now I'm hurting animals and crying under pool tables? Umm... these aren't the changes the church promised.

The answer was clearly a revival camp!

So one weekend I went to this renewal of faith getaway to some ranch out in the woods and the entire time was spent trying to become immersed in the holy spirit (ie... speaking in tongues). Secretly, I was laughing on the inside watching these fools babble like infants but eventually I caved and began to babble myself. I really wanted to feel as good on the inside as these men felt on the outside (at least to me, I couldn't possibly speak to how they were really feeling). I ignored the fact that one of the men lost his entire month's pay when his vehicle was broken into and the church just shrugged that it was a "test of the man's faith", but I admit I bought it again and decided to be baptized. Finally, this curse of sickness will be healed and I will have a place with God.

Funny, two weeks after baptism I found myself swallowing an entire bottle of Seroquel and Ativan and before passing out, I nearly caught my apartment on fire when I decided it was a good idea to burn my old journal of dreams in a hibachi grill in my kitchen.

God must REALLY want me dead...

But a former good friend of mine who lived up stairs noticed the smoke and freed my near lifeless body from my smoldering apartment and when I woke up a few days later strapped to a bed I realized that Jesus had failed me. When I first was diagnosed, I listened to the sweet old lady who said God could fix me and I asked... I prayed... I sincerely asked Jesus to come down and guide me. I was ready for faith. I embraced it, and it resulted in the death of my cat and nearly myself.

Imagine my rage when I heard Seth's guest tell me to ask Jesus to enter my life at my darkest moment. I fucking miss that cat... best cat I ever had! I didn't manage to get my life turned around until I let that sadistic bastard (talking Jesus and by extension the church) go. I moved back home for awhile, went to school, gave up the drugs (bipolar drugs... not cocaine... HHHAAAAHHA) and now own my own house, have a great career and fell in love with another adorable cat. (I promise, the only time I "torture" this cat is when I am trying to take her to the vet). Sure I have a bad back that gives me all sort of grief (I'm fat, and love video games a little too much... nobody is perfect) but in the end, it wasn't Jesus that turned my life around. At least not for the better...

If I spent another day chasing Jesus... I shudder at the thought.

So that is my major gripe with God. When the chips are down who do you actually count on? God? I tried that... it was an embarrassing six months I'd like to forget. I don't because let's face it, I'd hate to repeat the same mistake again.

I'd also hate to lose another cat.

I am that kind of atheist by the way... the one "angry" at God. Or I was. Spending time with this community is making me realize I'm not angry at God. Just people who think God is a good idea. I spend a lot of time working through my problems on my own. This community helps me make sense of the world, and on occasion the nonsense that lives in my head.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the ability to babble here. Take care every one and Happy Holidays!

~ Ron

First, I am sincerely sorry for all that has befallen you. You have indeed certainly suffered through some terrible trials. Second, I'm also sorry you fell in with a church that promised you healing without being able to heal you (the Bible says false teachers are like clouds that promise wonderful rain but there is no precipitation--Jude) which was also a church that offered you prayer and miracles but it (sounds like) no real help for real, important needs (James talks about not just telling people "be warm and comfortable" but making people warm and comfortable and loved and everything else).

Second, the podcast seems very off to me. Send me a PM if you want to discuss the real, saving gospel. I'd be happy to do that, besides 1) putting you in touch with healing ministries with excellent track records of success and 2) seeing what I can do to help with the rest.

@OP Hug Hug Hug

I suggest in the future that you post this stuff in the Personal Issues and Support section so people like the above can't harass you with their BS.

@Q seriously, I hate when people do this. Can't you just offer a kind word and then shove off? Go sell your god to someone who actually wants him ok.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
09-12-2014, 11:37 AM
(05-12-2014 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Q

Quote:1) Not religion, relationship. Jesus is a part of my life and a friend and Jesus involved in things I'm involved in. You are asking me to help others while not being ME. That's not fair and I wouldn't ask that an atheist "stop preaching atheism" while helping their fellow man.

That falls under delusion. You don't have a relationship with jesus, you have a relationship with yourself...the voices in your head come from within you, not an invisible god, or his alleged false prophet son jesus. How does one preach atheism, atheism is the lack of belief, I wouldnt hand someone a plate of food and say, "you don't believe in god do you? because if you do, you can't have the food"...or.."here sit down, and while you eat I will show you a movie disproving religion"....not the way we work bubba, that is the way YOU guys work. I know, I was on the inside remember?

Quote:2) You are missing my last post almost in its entirety. If I help et, "feed" him with what he really needs (the opposite of the Haiti picture you posted) who cares if I add religion? YOU DO. Why?! It clearly bothers you A LOT. I don't care if you preach atheism to someone while you help them or even if that is the main reason you "love your neighbor as yourself".

It is spoiled goods. Pretend to care about his human condition while offering him snake oil as a solution for his real world problems...jesus wont pay his rent or feed him, unless he becomes a tv evangelist of course like joel osteen..he doesnt need faith, he needs real solutions, real assistance, a way forward based on the real world....believing everything is of a divine plan removes the individuals responsibility and motivation to fix his own problems, not pray them away.

Quote:3) I don't appreciate the Haiti photo, because I've been to some Central American countries, and am visiting South America next year (very exciting!) and I, like thousands and thousands of others, never go with JUST Bibles. We build homes, feed people, bring medical supplies--sometimes doctors and nurses themselves.

I really don't care what you appreciate, truly. You represent the evil in this world...religion. The faster we can remove it, the better off mankind will be. I have and do build housing for the homeless, and have worked with foundation beyond belief for a couple years. As a military member I have painted schools and fixed homes in most countries in the world, every port we pull into, we do COMRELs, which is community relations, we fix schools, mentor kids, build homes...all without handing out delusion, or religion. The point is, the fat overfed delusion peddling piece of shit in that picture I posted represents PERFECTLY the disingenuous work they do abroad....here lets build a school, and indoctrinate them in christianity...this passive aggressive corrosive BS is just wrong, and those humanitarian efforts can be done by a secular humanist based world, no bible needed.

My mother is a Pentecostal minister and can barely make her rent month to month, yet she has been raising money, and saving money for 3 years now so she can go join a group in africa and save souls....I love my mother, but hate her religion...and yours..

I'm sorry you find people who believe in God delusional. If you define "normal" as "typical" or "within the bell curve" I know many people who find that most people aren't atheists.

I noticed you said your mom barely makes the rent, meaning she is a person who makes it? She hasn't lost her home due to mortgage issues or her apartment due to non-payment yet, right? Yet she scrimps and saves to bless others. That's great and I applaud her efforts. I'm surprised you would say you hate her religion when it sounds like she is getting a lot out of it. It sounds like she is giving from love and not hate.