Just asking for a bit of advice from my elders.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Just asking for a bit of advice from my elders.
As some of you may know, some of you may not but, I am a Junior in high school now. And honestly, I'm nervous as can be.

I want to get into college, get a good job, and live a life where trials and tribulations are limited, if I can help it. I know that your whole high school experience is a very important thing and that it, in a way, decides your future. I am aware of this, but I am also aware that your Junior and Senior years are the most important and I am freaking out.

My Freshman and Sophomore year, I wasn't as focused and on top of my work as I should have been.. This year, I want that to change. I will be studying and completing all of my work, while also trying to balance Journalism for the local newspaper, church, and friends. It's difficult.

I was just curious as to if some of you would be willing to share your wisdom on high school and possibly give me some advice on how to do better. Heck, share your high school experience while you're here, as well.

Now...
GO

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Just asking for a bit of advice from my elders.
High school really isn't as big a deal as you think. School was stupidly easy when I look back at it. I never studied though and I past every test I sat. I didn't need to try, so maybe I am not the best to take advise from.

If you are witty then you don't tend to get many problems. That worked for me. The stupid aggressive kids didn't really know what to do with a "nerd" who could handle themselves. I had it easy. Big Grin

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
23-08-2012, 11:47 AM
(23-08-2012 11:46 AM)frankiej Wrote:  High school really isn't as big a deal as you think. School was stupidly easy when I look back at it. I never studied though and I past every test I sat. I didn't need to try, so maybe I am not the best to take advise from.

If you are witty then you don't tend to get many problems. That worked for me. The stupid aggressive kids didn't really know what to do with a "nerd" who could handle themselves. I had it easy. Big Grin

See that's the problem.
You're witty.
I am not. Undecided

bemore

23-08-2012, 11:48 AM
(23-08-2012 11:46 AM)frankiej Wrote:  High school really isn't as big a deal as you think. School was stupidly easy when I look back at it. I never studied though and I past every test I sat. I didn't need to try, so maybe I am not the best to take advise from.

Apart from English? Dodgy
[+] 3 users Like Red Celt's post
23-08-2012, 11:49 AM
(23-08-2012 11:48 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  

Apart from English? Dodgy

I noticed those too, but I didn't want to say anything.

LOL love you frankie.

bemore

23-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, I can't go back an edit it now, that would take away from the amusement. I was typing fast, I don't care. I never really re-read what I type before posting... it is only a forum.

23-08-2012, 11:54 AM
(23-08-2012 11:34 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I know that your whole high school experience is a very important thing and that it, in a way, decides your future. I am aware of this, but I am also aware that your Junior and Senior years are the most important and I am freaking out.

Isn't the most recent level of education the most important? Of course, if you don't do well in the first, you damage your chances of getting into the second... but the last level of education on your CV(resume) is the one that potential employers are most interested in.
23-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm a sophomore in a Highschool - College program, that means I do both highschool work and college work. I go to a college, not a highschool campus, so our experiences are a little different. But I'll tell you this :

Do your work. <-- That's the most important. A 20 is waaay better than a 0. I will promise you that. Cus that shit will bring your grade doooooown.

Have a schedule, I don't write my down on paper, I just think about it, it helps get your ass into gear, and I like to do nothing all day so I really schedule. Since you're busy, you may want to drop unneeded after school activities.

And above all, don't get addicted to drinks in a vending machine.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 3 users Like Question's post
23-08-2012, 11:55 AM
(23-08-2012 11:52 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Well, I can't go back an edit it now, that would take away from the amusement. I was typing fast, I don't care. I never really re-read what I type before posting... it is only a forum.

Yep. Comedy triumphs over accuracy every time.
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
23-08-2012, 11:57 AM
(23-08-2012 11:54 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  but the last level of education on your CV(resume) is the one that potential employers are most interested in.

Tbh, right now it isn't. Experience is what everyone wants. I was unemployed for a year. It is all they want just now. I have only gone back to uni in hope that the job market picks up again.