Just asking for a bit of advice from my elders.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Just asking for a bit of advice from my elders.
(23-08-2012 11:55 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 11:52 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Well, I can't go back an edit it now, that would take away from the amusement. I was typing fast, I don't care. I never really re-read what I type before posting... it is only a forum.

Yep. Comedy triumphs over accuracy every time.

Exactly. I shall always pursue comedy over anything else. Well, apart from maybe my gran's cooking.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
23-08-2012, 12:07 PM
(23-08-2012 11:57 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 11:54 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  but the last level of education on your CV(resume) is the one that potential employers are most interested in.

Tbh, right now it isn't. Experience is what everyone wants. I was unemployed for a year. It is all they want just now. I have only gone back to uni in hope that the job market picks up again.

Well, yes. Absolutely. Experience matters more than anything else (sadly, for those looking to initiate a career) but at an educational level, my point stands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes, true. I just hope things get better soon for all those that will be finishing education within the next few years.

[Image: opforum1.png]
23-08-2012, 01:30 PM
My only escape, and motivation was theatre. I joined theatre classes and acted in productions, but if I didn't come to school and pass my other classes, I wasn't allowed to do what I loved. It pushed me to work hard and be a good student.

I then went to college for theatre and have now turned it into a career.

Find that THING, that activity that depends on your success as a student. Hell... join theatre! If you're not outgoing and personable, just get involved and work technical stuff. Just as fun. And theatre people are some of the most open-minded, awesome individuals you can meet Smile

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
23-08-2012, 02:07 PM
... My advice comes with a warning label Wink Take with a large grain of salt. And a battery.

Anyway. School... don't stress about it. Make sure you do your work. Easier said than done, but I slacked for a long time 'cos I could do it all easy, trouble is, none of it stayed in my head. Now I lost a few (a lot of) braincells life's a lot harder than it needed to be. So ja, most important is to actually do the work. Other than that enjoy yourself. Don't take it toooooo seriously 'cos life becomes a drag. But I don't think you're in danger from that Wink
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-08-2012, 02:24 PM
High school was the least important part of my life. My childhood influenced me more than high school ever did.

Basically, don't sweat high school. It's pretty much lolworthy.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
23-08-2012, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 02:43 PM by houseofcantor.)
(23-08-2012 11:52 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Well, I can't go back an edit it now, that would take away from the amusement. I was typing fast, I don't care. I never really re-read what I type before posting... it is only a forum.

Tis not just a forum, tis life! And in life, we call you n00b.

As for you, Sarah; I just partied like an idiot. Of course, I had alla kinda awards and recognition by my Junior year, so... just make sure you pass your shit. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-08-2012, 02:41 PM
I just kind of sailed through til college, then I did a lot of homework.

Things are different today from when us old timers went to school. The work market is a lot tougher.

Just make sure you also take courses that really interest you, it makes it easier to put up with BS from the rest.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post