Just came here for a sec to say this.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Just came here for a sec to say this.
(30-09-2013 03:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  A lot of entry positions have such issues.

Probably that is what caused David Brinkley to say: "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him."

and who says that a successful man or success in objective sense is right ??

when only what is true exist then success rely on lies

u belong to those who believe in power concept, while power cant b but from twisting facts n forcing objective inferiority to justify being the present sense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 04:22 AM by undergroundp.)
Thank you everyone! I feel a big hug around me Hug

I probably should have said more about the situation but I was so stressed out at that moment that I wanted to get it all out right at that moment.

The thing is, this is a small town. She knows my parents, they used to be friends as kids, and of course there's tons of common acquaintances. Although I've talked to my parents about it and even my boyfriend (and of course they think it's alright for me to leave if I want to) I'm trying not to let too many people know about this because if she hears from someone that I've been saying things about her, not only will she hate me, but she will also try to do the same to me.

And well, I should probably have explained that in my country, anyone with the right requirements can open a "school" of English. She's one of those people. The whole place is hers and she is the boss, so there's no one higher than her for me to turn to.

Building a case against her is also hard (although during a heated conversation we had she did say there have been other people who left early like this) not because there's no evidence, but because it is too much of a deal in this small town. Everyone would know about it and everyone would ask about it and she would blame me for spreading a bad reputation.

I'm only planning to work there for a year just to have some experience so that future employers will hire me easier, so for now I'm just trying to deal with the stress and see if it gets better.

Again, thank you everyone, you are all extremely kind! Smile

P.S. I forgot to mention that I'm already getting close to the kids I'm teaching and they're totally in love with me. I'd be sad to leave them and disappoint them like that. I feel I have a responsibility for them too.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
(01-10-2013 04:02 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Thank you everyone! I feel a big hug around me Hug

I probably should have said more about the situation but I was so stressed out at that moment that I wanted to get it all out right at that moment.

The thing is, this is a small town. She knows my parents, they used to be friends as kids, and of course there's tons of common acquaintances. Although I've talked to my parents about it and even my boyfriend (and of course they think it's alright for me to leave if I want to) I'm trying not to let too many people know about this because if she hears from someone that I've been saying things about her, not only will she hate me, but she will also try to do the same to me.

And well, I should probably have explained that in my country, anyone with the right requirements can open a "school" of English. She's one of those people. The whole place is hers and she is the boss, so there's no one higher than her for me to turn to.

Building a case against her is also hard (although during a heated conversation we had she did say there have been other people who left early like this) not because there's no evidence, but because it is too much of a deal in this small town. Everyone would know about it and everyone would ask about it and she would blame me for spreading a bad reputation.

I'm only planning to work there for a year just to have some experience so that future employers will hire me easier, so for now I'm just trying to deal with the stress and see if it gets better.

Again, thank you everyone, you are all extremely kind! Smile

P.S. I forgot to mention that I'm already getting close to the kids I'm teaching and they're totally in love with me. I'd be sad to leave them and disappoint them like that. I feel I have a responsibility for them too.

Hmmm... That definitely makes the situation much more sensitive.

Keep your chin up, and continue to be there for the kids. Thumbsup If you don't mind me asking, what country are you in?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Just came here for a sec to say this.
Maybe you should move to another town, where there are more employment oppurtunities and not every one knows your parents...
01-10-2013, 06:32 PM
small town? common acquaintances? it sounds like a perfect scenario to manipulate social pressure into making her your "friend". Try to find her in neutral places where she has to be polite, then, if you can, put her in a tight spot or wait for it to happen by itself (she's crazy afterall) and then help her... That way she'll be your ally and owe you...

Or something along those lines Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
(30-09-2013 02:41 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm a new member. I was trying to participate in discussions more and more and be a part of all this.

But. I got a job a month ago. I started working as an English teacher at the place I was taught English when I was little. I felt lucky and secure because it was a place I knew and of course, my boss would be my dear teacher who did a great job in teaching me. That said, I was very excited about starting.

I had no idea all this would turn into a nightmare. I had no idea that the kind, attentive and caring teacher I once knew would turn into a monster. I had no idea that she would treat me so differently just because she now pays me. I was extremely lucky to land a job at this place and time, but I feel extremely betrayed.

She has issues. Anger management problems I'd say. She is constantly mad at me and tells me how much I disappoint her, although she makes most of the mistakes. Whenever there's a problem, I'm the one to blame, because I made a couple of mistakes at the beginning (I have acknowledged that I've made mistakes but this is the first time I have ever worked in my life).

I feel like I'm losing my dignity. I'm putting up with extreme stress and sadness (that she causes me to feel) just so that I won't lose this job. She won't stop undermining me, blaming me for things I had nothing to do with and talking to me with an attitude like "I'm more experienced than you so you don't have the right to judge me, I'm always right".

I'm now constantly afraid of making mistakes, terrified to be exact. I'm always scared that she will find something to blame me for, I avoid talking to her for that very reason. I feel miserable and angry every single day. It's impossible for me to leave because I know I will be called "irresponsible". I don't have a choice anyway, getting another job is almost impossible and I don't have any money. Talking logic is not a choice, I tried it and things got worse. I just have to accept that she will never change her mind.

Everyone is telling me that bosses are always like this and that I have to get used to it. I don't know if I can, but at least I've stopped crying every day.

I think about my job every day, all day. I feel I have to think about it all the time so I won't miss something and make a mistake. Although I work 2-4 hours a day, I have no time at all, my thoughts are devoted to not making mistakes. It is the most (emotionally) tiring thing I've ever experienced. Although I know I'm right and she's wrong, I can't stop being affected by all she says.

And all this, just to say that I wish I could be more active here, I really like this place. Well, and maybe for some compassion too Sadcryface

Under, my husband is a teacher and the first year teaching was hell for him. Is there a union rep you can talk to? If you're working at a public school you can contact a union representative and have a long talk with him/her and maybe get some advice from them or have a mediator help out with things. Also can you talk with another teacher at the school and confide in them. Schools have problem administrators that drive teachers nuts. My husband had a supervisor that had it in for him and he almost lost his cool a couple of times. The union rep helped him get through things. It was a very unpleasant and stressful time for him.

I really feel for you. Keep calm though and talk to someone at school. I'd start with a union representative first.

I wish politicians and school administrators would just get out of the way and let teachers teach.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
01-10-2013, 09:55 PM
(30-09-2013 03:13 PM)absols Wrote:  hitting others to bring the best of them is a lie, a kind of invention meant to justify powers of negative livings over positive right of ones

superiority is objective and objective is one reality of everything so never anyone and not related to subjects values

that is why inferior subjects wills keep willing to take advantage of some truths known such as this, to mean then the superiority of negative beings over positive ones when subjects doesnt matter objectively and their true value is free so never seen or to know

Note to absuls bot designer .....
This fucking thing is not ready for prime time. Got it ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

02-10-2013, 01:11 AM
o yeah??? and what decide the prime time freak head ??? there is nothing but truth
wat i said is not intelligent it is an intelligent answers to oneself for all life and realities that no logical mind can bear, evil absolute powers

so first it is myself right to mean it anywhere since it is all my invention to deal with individual perspectives on negative strength

second, keep showing ur head above facts, truth is principally existing bc objective is free
meaning smthg else is to what are isolated now as ur being is all what u r
02-10-2013, 03:26 AM
(01-10-2013 04:47 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Hmmm... That definitely makes the situation much more sensitive.

Keep your chin up, and continue to be there for the kids. Thumbsup If you don't mind me asking, what country are you in?

I will Smile
I'm in Greece, I guess you must have heard about our situation.

(01-10-2013 05:46 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  Maybe you should move to another town, where there are more employment oppurtunities and not every one knows your parents...

The reason I'm in this town is because I can live at my parents' house for now until I get some money. Another reason is because this is the only place I found a job. And well, I really love this place.

(01-10-2013 09:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Under, my husband is a teacher and the first year teaching was hell for him. Is there a union rep you can talk to? If you're working at a public school you can contact a union representative and have a long talk with him/her and maybe get some advice from them or have a mediator help out with things. Also can you talk with another teacher at the school and confide in them. Schools have problem administrators that drive teachers nuts. My husband had a supervisor that had it in for him and he almost lost his cool a couple of times. The union rep helped him get through things. It was a very unpleasant and stressful time for him.

I really feel for you. Keep calm though and talk to someone at school. I'd start with a union representative first.

I wish politicians and school administrators would just get out of the way and let teachers teach.

I made a second post explaining that this is like a private school for English that my boss owns. Sadly, there's nothing I can do Sad
I hope your husband got through it with no problems!

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
02-10-2013, 04:08 AM
Sounds to me like you have four options, at least that I can see. 1.) Take like a man (excuse the expression) 2.) Confront her, which is very risky of course 3.) Try to find common interests and outlooks you may share, you could even suck up a little. Maybe something like "You inspired me to become an English teacher" or "I view you as a mentor". Just try to befriend her. 4.) Look for work outside of your town.

All you have to do is make up your mind as to which option is the least unappealing and go with it, though none of those options maybe particularly appealing. I wish I had some magic solution that winds out with rainbows, lollipops, and unicorns, but alas, I do not :/ Good luck with the situation, let us know if things improve or *gasp* get worse. Big Grin