Just came out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Just came out
So I just came out to my group of 5 friends (mess with me all you want. I'm an antisocial person and this is the best I got) I knew one of them, his name is Justin, was a agnostic. He kinda believed there could b a good, but if there was, it sure wasn't a nice one. I already gave him major hints about it, and he obviously picked up on them. So somehow the conversation came up to that and I thought, well maybe now would be a good time. All my friends I need to tell are here. So I joined in and sided with Justin. My best friend, Zman is what we call him, is a very relgious stubborn baptist. We talked about evolution, and continuously proved zman wrong. Over and over again. He was still stubborn about all of it, and wouldn't listen to any of our reasons. Buy then another of my friends, Spencer joined in, and sided with us. So I was kinda confused for a second. So me, Justin and spencer were proving all of zmans thoughts wrong with proof and well everything. (Just FYI, us three are all extremely smart in science and mathematics) So finally zman walked away (aka 6 feet away) So I asked spencer why he sided with us, and he didn't really say anything, but me and justin both know he is either atheist or agnostic. So I was really happy that I found some people who I can talk to around where I live (the dreaded Bible Belt) later another friend who is with me in JROTC with me joined us and talked with us. He is Methodist and they are a great group of people. They accept everyone, so that made me happy that there are some religious people with good morals and common sense.
Then after I left.. Spencer told me that zman approached him and blamed him for me being an atheist saying somewhere around this to him. ""He was like "spencer u realize that you just ended dylan and his girlfriends relationship because her parents are so close to not letting her date dylan because of his beliefs!" and i was like yea sure its all my fault zander... Then he said "god would want you to help out your friend" And i wanted to say " Oh really?" Sarcastically but i didnt..."" He told me he thought it was all BS. He also said that people (mainly religious people) need to accept others beliefs. I might need some advice to deal with zman, but I really just wanted to vent. So anything is fine. Conversations or whatever. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: Just came out
Ranting corner http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid413143 is a good place to vent.

So, nice story but I need more info.

Zander (zman) is your best friend and is in denial about your lack of belief, right?

What do you want to do... convert him or reach a position of mutual understanding?

10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
RE: Just came out
I don't care for converting him. I just want him to understand why. So the mutual understanding would is what I need. Yadayadayada. I just wish he would understand me. The way I think. He is extremely stubborn and won't listen to my reasoning on why I stopped. I just want to him to forget about it and to not attempt to try to convert me. So ya.