Just curious as to how well people know their flags

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: Just curious as to how well people know their flags
#2 is an easy one for me Smile

I'm liking #6 but I've no idea where that is used. I look forward to the answers.

Nice post, dude.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 09:53 AM
(21-10-2012 08:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  #2 is an easy one for me Smile

I'm liking #6 but I've no idea where that is used. I look forward to the answers.

Nice post, dude.

Yeah, knew you'd like the second one. Tongue

Number 6 is the reason I did this thread, never seen a flag like it before.
Came across it while doing some reading (did you know Haiti was formed as a result of a slave revolt very early 1800's? Fascinating reading about how some countries came to be sometimes.)

Quote:Oh yeah, that one I knew

It's not New Zealand.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-10-2012, 10:09 AM
(21-10-2012 09:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 08:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  #2 is an easy one for me Smile

Nice post, dude.

Yeah, knew you'd like the second one. Tongue

Came across it while doing some reading (did you know Haiti was formed as a result of a slave revolt very early 1800's? Fascinating reading about how some countries came to be sometimes.)

Quote:Oh yeah, that one I knew

It's not New Zealand.

I did know that. And about it's impact on France and the US.
I wouldn't have have happened if the Brits had been in charge, ol' boy, donchaknow.

You gotta wonder if there is a connection between this history and the French and US love of coffee vs. the Brits and their love of tea (India, Ceylon etc.)

And I guess the last comment was not for me, right? I know the diff between OZ and NZ!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Australia, I know.. sheesh, I know them because they have the nasty habit of stealing the title of most southern country (all because of their name) and because they produce very appealing male specimens Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
21-10-2012, 10:24 AM
(21-10-2012 10:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 09:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yeah, knew you'd like the second one. Tongue

It's not New Zealand.

I did know that. And about it's impact on France and the US.
I wouldn't have have happened if the Brits had been in charge, ol' boy, donchaknow.

You gotta wonder if there is a connection between this history and the French and US love of coffee vs. the Brits and their love of tea (India, Ceylon etc.)

And I guess the last comment was not for me, right? I know the diff between OZ and NZ!

No it wouldn't have. Britain certainly was the best out of the 5 to manage it's colonies. I mean look today, sure the colonies are now independent countries, but they still have strong ties to Britain. Common Wealth and all that. Hell, officially our head of state is still the Queen. Can't say the same about Spanish colonies, Mexico, Cuba for example.

Now that you mention it...
I think I'm gonna ponder the relationship between the colonies and the UK's love for tea v USA's love for coffee for a while now. That's very interesting.
It would make sense.

I don't know much about the period, early 1800's, all of 1700's is a real grey area for me.

21-10-2012, 10:26 AM
(21-10-2012 10:15 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Australia, I know.. sheesh, I know them because they have the nasty habit of stealing the title of most southern country (all because of their name) and because they produce very appealing male specimens Tongue

Just saw you're from Argentina. No wonder you know the difference, rugby and all that.
As for very appealing male specimens?? You must have us confused with a country that actually does produce very appealing male specimens, such as Sweden.

Actually talking about colonial history, Argentina has a pretty interesting history. Sorta like Mexican history, that ol' story of "once upon time all was swell. Then shit hit the fan..."

21-10-2012, 10:41 AM
(21-10-2012 10:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 10:15 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Australia, I know.. sheesh, I know them because they have the nasty habit of stealing the title of most southern country (all because of their name) and because they produce very appealing male specimens Tongue

Just saw you're from Argentina. No wonder you know the difference, rugby and all that.
As for very appealing male specimens?? You must have us confused with a country that actually does produce very appealing male specimens, such as Sweden.

Actually talking about colonial history, Argentina has a pretty interesting history. Sorta like Mexican history, that ol' story of "once upon time all was swell. Then shit hit the fan..."

I don't like sweden guys that much, too blond, too little blood in their veins, if you know what I mean Angel

About our history, shit hitting the fan is a really good summary. We always say this is a very generous country, in a sarcastic way, trying to say that anyone can do pretty much anything and get out with it. We still have some territorial issues though, about Britain managing well their colonies, I think they just can't let go Tongue

21-10-2012, 10:43 AM
This thread has suddenly gone very gay!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-10-2012, 10:48 AM
(21-10-2012 10:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This thread has suddenly gone very gay!

Thank you! but there's always room for improvement Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
21-10-2012, 10:49 AM
(21-10-2012 10:41 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 10:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just saw you're from Argentina. No wonder you know the difference, rugby and all that.

I don't like sweden guys that much, too blond, too little blood in their veins, if you know what I mean Angel

About our history, shit hitting the fan is a really good summary. We always say this is a very generous country, in a sarcastic way, trying to say that anyone can do pretty much anything and get out with it. We still have some territorial issues though, about Britain managing well their colonies, I think they just can't let go Tongue

I can't say I've had experience in that department so I will just have to take your word for it Nach.

If you are referring to the Falklands (of course you are), I'm with Britain on this one.

Quote:This thread has suddenly gone very gay!

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Bloody homphobes. Tongue