Just curious as to how well people know their flags

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Just curious as to how well people know their flags
(21-10-2012 10:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 10:41 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I don't like sweden guys that much, too blond, too little blood in their veins, if you know what I mean Angel

About our history, shit hitting the fan is a really good summary. We always say this is a very generous country, in a sarcastic way, trying to say that anyone can do pretty much anything and get out with it. We still have some territorial issues though, about Britain managing well their colonies, I think they just can't let go Tongue

I can't say I've had experience in that department so I will just have to take your word for it Nach.

If you are referring to the Falklands (of course you are), I'm with Britain on this one.

Quote:This thread has suddenly gone very gay!

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Bloody homphobes. Tongue

I don't want to derail the thread so I'll just say this: I don't give a crap about who gets the islands, I do want Britain to sit down and talk is the right and lawful thing to do, but the outcome of those conversations is irrelevant to me, whatever the geopolitical interests are at stake. Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
21-10-2012, 11:16 AM
And not speaking for all my countymen but at the time I saw the war as a disgusting way for Thatch to secure an election victory. I'll say no more.

21-10-2012, 05:15 PM
(21-10-2012 10:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I did know that. And about it's impact on France and the US.
I wouldn't have have happened if the Brits had been in charge, ol' boy, donchaknow.

You gotta wonder if there is a connection between this history and the French and US love of coffee vs. the Brits and their love of tea (India, Ceylon etc.)

And I guess the last comment was not for me, right? I know the diff between OZ and NZ!

I think it's a bit silly to talk of a country as large as America as if it is some homogeneous blob. In the south I am certain we drink more tea than coffee. I drink both, as do many people, but I usually have a tea everyday, coffee less than one a week.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
21-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I have an italian flag on my bike.. people around where I live always ask me why I have a mexican flag on it. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
21-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Theres a feature on Google that its called "search by image". I guess anyone can correctly identify all those flags...

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
21-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I once knew so many national flags... when I was a kid we had a huge dictionary that had flags in the back. I loved to look at the pictures of the flags. I don't know half of these. Here are my answers. And guesses. Well, most of them are guesses. There were only three I was sure of, maybe five I had some clue as to what the continent/area was. Big Grin

1. Australia - I love Australia - this flag is hanging on my wall!
2. Turkey
3. Seen this one. I don't know it but I'll guess it's somewhere in eastern Europe.
4. Something slavic/Russian - it looks like Russia's flag but with another thingy on it.
5. so familiar! My brain says to say 'Mauritania'. I don't know why. Maybe the trident. Smile
6. Africa somewhere
7. no idea - never seen this one before.
8. this one is missing. Smile
9. Something Arabic?
10. Something communist. Smile I want to say one of the Koreas but I think that must be wrong.
11. Never seen this one either. Even the bars and colours aren't familiar to me.
12. Something from Central America
13. I have never seen a flag anything like this before.
14. Some former British colony ... like Trinidad or something.
15. Poland
Man, I suck. It must be time to go back to that silly brain game on Facebook that makes you guess the countries of flags and stuff. This was fun!

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
21-10-2012, 09:02 PM
(21-10-2012 05:25 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  Theres a feature on Google that its called "search by image". I guess anyone can correctly identify all those flags...

Actually, if you click on the flags to enlarge them it says who they belong to in their url.
But that would defeat the purpose.

@Falklands, it's not about Thatcher. It's about what the island wants and what the island is made up of. The Falklands are inhabited by "English" people who enjoy being under Britain's arm.

@calmblueocean, 4/28 (number 8 has been fixed). 1 correct country, 2 correct continents.
You guessed a few countries I think you were sure on and while the countries you guess have a similar flag, no cigar.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I have a guy on my course next week who travels repeatedly all the way from #6 to #2 just to be trained by li'l'ol' me. He will be the first ever "Expert" qualified IT Service Manager in his country.

He's a one-man tourist board. Every time he talks about his home, everyone else starts googling for flight details.

Now, I can pretend that I knew what his flag looks like.
Cheers.

21-10-2012, 09:17 PM
(21-10-2012 09:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  @calmblueocean, 4/28 (number 8 has been fixed). 1 correct country, 2 correct continents.
You guessed a few countries I think you were sure on and while the countries you guess have a similar flag, no cigar.

I clicked on 'em after I did my answers and jeez, yeah. There were some stumpers in there, for sure. And I didn't know number 8 to look at it, I saw the name of it in the image link before it was fixed, so I would have gotten that one wrong too. Sadcryface

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes calmblueocean's post
21-10-2012, 09:21 PM
There are other countries??? Blink That have their own flags??? Shocking I need to get out more. Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post