Just curious.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Just curious.
Is anyone here a former scientologist? Or a dabbler in Scientology? I did try to search threads but the search engine wasn't being helpful. Sad

I've looked at the Scientology website...but it's all written out in this vague way and if you really want more info....well, they basically want you to contact them....

I'm just not *that* curious...

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: Just curious.
There is method to their madness, they bait the hook with vague tidbits to get you curious, then when you contact, you get the full sales pitch. And "sales" is the right word - you will get full pressure to come in, check it out, subject yourself to hands-on face-to face sales pressure until your checkbook is out and you're signing up for your first class.

Welcome to Scientology!

(the only science is their extremely persuasive sales approach scientifically calculated to maximize your need to pay every cent you can spare plus a few you can't)

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
19-01-2013, 03:40 PM
(19-01-2013 03:23 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  There is method to their madness, they bait the hook with vague tidbits to get you curious, then when you contact, you get the full sales pitch. And "sales" is the right word - you will get full pressure to come in, check it out, subject yourself to hands-on face-to face sales pressure until your checkbook is out and you're signing up for your first class.

Welcome to Scientology!

(the only science is their extremely persuasive sales approach scientifically calculated to maximize your need to pay every cent you can spare plus a few you can't)

Yeah that's pretty much what I've learned so far.....lol.

19-01-2013, 04:38 PM
They zero in on the lonely, the weak, the depressed. They’re told some vague horoscopy - self help book generalities (that apply to anyone) to show that they "understand" you and "care" about you. What they have to say and think makes “sense” to you. They invite you in – they become your friends, and family. You defend them vehemently if someone – an “outsider” attacks them. They take your money, they separate you from your real family and friends, they take your life.

They are a cult, a religion, a con game like any other. The only difference that could be said about them is that they are quicker to litigate, and more effective at targeting "heretics".
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
19-01-2013, 05:43 PM
They had an interesting look at Scientology on "Rock Center" with Brian Williams a night or two ago. I'm sure you could find it somewhere if you look hard enough.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2013, 05:49 PM
(19-01-2013 03:23 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  There is method to their madness, they bait the hook with vague tidbits to get you curious, then when you contact, you get the full sales pitch. And "sales" is the right word - you will get full pressure to come in, check it out, subject yourself to hands-on face-to face sales pressure until your checkbook is out and you're signing up for your first class.

Welcome to Scientology!

More than a sales pitch, there is a lot of bribery, victimizing and intimidation. Not just in the mind- fuck kind of way either- they will not stop, they will garnish wages, threaten loved ones and isolate families.

My father was a scientologist for a few years, his ex wife and my half sister still are. Forming an adult relationship with my sister, I had to research a lot and Dad told me quite a bit about this cult. I wanted to have a relationship with my sister without having this cult get in the way. I know some specific things, if you have questions? History of L Ron H, the levels, theitans, e-meters etc.
20-01-2013, 08:30 PM
http://exscientologykids.com/nancy.html

So many stories on here from kids who gre up in Scientology and escaped, most without their families. Many of them were involved at SeaOrg the place where you sign a contract for 1,000,000,000 years of service to Scientology.
20-01-2013, 10:14 PM
(20-01-2013 08:30 PM)Casey88 Wrote:  http://exscientologykids.com/nancy.html

So many stories on here from kids who gre up in Scientology and escaped, most without their families. Many of them were involved at SeaOrg the place where you sign a contract for 1,000,000,000 years of service to Scientology.

Thanks...some of the stories are just.....wow. I really had no idea it was this messed up!

20-01-2013, 10:20 PM
(19-01-2013 05:49 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  

Welcome to Scientology!

More than a sales pitch, there is a lot of bribery, victimizing and intimidation. Not just in the mind- fuck kind of way either- they will not stop, they will garnish wages, threaten loved ones and isolate families.

My father was a scientologist for a few years, his ex wife and my half sister still are. Forming an adult relationship with my sister, I had to research a lot and Dad told me quite a bit about this cult. I wanted to have a relationship with my sister without having this cult get in the way. I know some specific things, if you have questions? History of L Ron H, the levels, theitans, e-meters etc.

I can't believe some of the stuff -- it sounds too science-fixtiony almost. I know the church has super deep pockets...I have read a bit about L Ron...who by the way seemed more than a bit nutty...

Don't their levels have more to do about how much money or time you can invest in their cause?

21-01-2013, 08:54 AM
@momsurroundedbyboys I know. I couldn't stop reading the stories from that site. It's so scary how much of a hold they have over these people.