Just did the impossible...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: Just did the impossible...
(08-09-2014 05:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, I wondered the same - that would be beyond the limit of my spider removal duties. I would have to move and let the damn spider have everything. Sadcryface

Well it's a good thing for you that they aint spiders.

Those, my dear friend, are members of the Solifugae order, unfortunately, the specific species remains a mystery to me.
The Order Solifugae belongs to the Class Arachnida, but be not fooled; those abominations are not spiders, albeit they are related to them as you may have guessed.

As far as I can tell, while they are large and tend to be remarkably swift, members of the Solifgae order are of no threat to humans; they can inflict a painful nip due to their 'fangs' and powerful jaw-sections and they are certainly terrifying but that is the limit of their power over humans as the lack venom of any kind.

Don't you go and get all sciencey on me, young man. Angry Those are big fuckin' spiders and you can't tell me no different. Censored

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
08-09-2014, 03:50 PM
(08-09-2014 11:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well it's a good thing for you that they aint spiders.

Those, my dear friend, are members of the Solifugae order, unfortunately, the specific species remains a mystery to me.
The Order Solifugae belongs to the Class Arachnida, but be not fooled; those abominations are not spiders, albeit they are related to them as you may have guessed.

As far as I can tell, while they are large and tend to be remarkably swift, members of the Solifgae order are of no threat to humans; they can inflict a painful nip due to their 'fangs' and powerful jaw-sections and they are certainly terrifying but that is the limit of their power over humans as the lack venom of any kind.

Don't you go and get all sciencey on me, young man. Angry Those are big fuckin' spiders and you can't tell me no different. Censored

Looks sir, can be, and often are deceiving.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-09-2014, 04:26 PM
(08-09-2014 03:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 11:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Don't you go and get all sciencey on me, young man. Angry Those are big fuckin' spiders and you can't tell me no different. Censored

Looks sir, can be, and often are deceiving.

That damn thing looks like a spider on steroids. And I don't give a shit that it's supposedly not really a spider.

I am not even afraid of spiders but that thing - kill it with fire - goddamn. Hobo

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2014, 04:37 PM
(08-09-2014 10:35 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 10:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Got bit by a brown recluse once. Nasty business. Kills all the tissue down to the bone. Good thing it was on my foot where's there very little flesh or it could've spread and been much worse.

[Image: foot-1.jpg]

Holy shit man! Was that recent?

It was 6-7 years ago now. The pain was weird. If I didn't put any weight on it hurt like hell, if I put all my weight on it it didn't hurt at all. When I went to the Doc for it and he took my blood he said I had prediabetes and insulin resistance. I blame the fucking spider.

(08-09-2014 05:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, I wondered the same - that would be beyond the limit of my spider removal duties. I would have to move and let the damn spider have everything. Sadcryface

Well it's a good thing for you that they aint spiders.

Can you eat 'em?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-09-2014, 04:39 PM
(08-09-2014 04:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 10:35 AM)pablo Wrote:  Holy shit man! Was that recent?

It was 6-7 years ago now. The pain was weird. If I didn't put any weight on it hurt like hell, if I put all my weight on it it didn't hurt at all. When I went to the Doc for it and he took my blood he said I had prediabetes and insulin resistance. I blame the fucking spider.

(08-09-2014 05:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well it's a good thing for you that they aint spiders.

Can you eat 'em?

Personally, I wouldn't attempt to eat anything like that, but since they lack venom glands entirely, I don't see much of a reason why would couldn't eat one... Not that you'd find much meat on them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-09-2014, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 04:59 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(08-09-2014 05:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  What the fuck is that? Shocking

Camel spiders, middle east is riddled with them. We used to shoot them with our assault rifles because they move really, really fast across the sand at you if you try to kill them any other way.

They are cuter when they are babies......

[Image: 90x64j.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-09-2014, 04:57 PM
(08-09-2014 04:52 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Camel spiders, middle east is riddled with them. We used to shoot them with our assault rifles because they move really, really fast across the sand at you if you try to kill them any other way.

That damn thing is just wrong on so many levels. Gasp

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2014, 05:00 PM
(08-09-2014 06:49 AM)Sam Wrote:  Saw another big bastard last night... Sober they seem more menacing.

I've got a new system for classifying spiders... On a scale of pints of beer.

The one I picked up the other night was a 7 pinter...

I told my husband about your rating system. Then I showed that picture of that creature goodwithoutgod posted - husband says there is not enough liquor on the planet...

08-09-2014, 05:40 PM
(08-09-2014 04:52 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Even Noah shit bricks when two of those fuckers got on his boat.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
08-09-2014, 05:41 PM

[/quote]

No, they really aren't. Sadcryface