Just discovered i have a case of "Banjo" close to me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2017, 04:44 AM
Just discovered i have a case of "Banjo" close to me
I was i queue to pay in the canteen, and at the other counter there is this colleague i know for at least 10y now. We are not close, but he is one of the guys i meet several times a day when walking around the office (his desk is not far).

He had soem brain tumor something like 2y ago, and was off work a few months. Then he returned, looked fairly healthy. I noticed nowever that he seems to become more *sturdy* gaining weight and particulalry getting a wider facial structure. I bet you already know whats coming up now. Today i looked at him and though *oh boy, he seems to be eating really a lot, his face is getting broader and broader. Well at least he seems to be healthy now*.

I sat down at the table and asked my colleagues (who are much closer to him), and they replied in a matter-of-fact style: "That dude is done, hes a goner. What you see are experimental drugs, because they have given up with everything else."
I literally dropped my spoon, and was speechless for minutes, couldnt form a coherent sentence biger than "oh...FUCK".
After i got myself together i asked a bit more about the background, his family (wife, two kids). Then i realized that he is even a bit younger than me, probably early 40s.
My evangelical colleague then started to joke around about "well, Noah was 900. 600 before the big flood and 300 after. And this dude, only 40....what a shame" .
I (almost) dropped my spoon again, turned around and told him matter-of-fact style: "Yeah if one of both were true, which they arent". He changed topic....

Hes a nice guy, i love him. We are like Grant and Sherman, went through a lot of shite together, but, boy, he really needs to stop believing in bullshit (and if i may add: its an emabarssement to this otherwise good engineering skills, especially his ability to get the big picture and analyse things methodically). Guess he is a case of severe compartmentalisation. What a pity.

The guy with the brain tumor: fuck me....now i gotta watch him day after day dying a bit, and theres nothing we can do.
FUCK

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2017, 07:24 AM
RE: Just discovered i have a case of "Banjo" close to me
(14-07-2017 04:44 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  "well, Noah was 900. 600 before the big flood and 300 after. And this dude, only 40....what a shame" .

What a vile, vile thing to say. Here it is, that renowned Christian compassion, shown in its full glory, yet again.

(Also, I thought compartmentalisation was supposed to help you believe all this bronze-age shit, not make light of the suffering of OTHERS)

I am sorry about your coworker; hope he does pull a real "Banjo"...

(Banjo is doing much better, right?)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
14-07-2017, 07:49 AM
At work.

Hug Deesse23.

Yes Vera, far as I know Banjo is doing okay. The dinner out DLJ and I had with Banjo a couple of weeks ago went swell. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
04-08-2017, 04:35 AM
Last friday was the last time i walked by and talked to him. Havent seen him this week yet. 1hr ago when i joined two colleagues to go to lunch i was told that he passed away last night. Weeping

He was in his mid 40s, one of the nicest persons you can meet and work with and leaves a widow with two little children as well as a house they build 3 years ago and is most probably not paid off at all. His father also lives in this house.

I hope i can hold back when my evangelical co-worker is back in office on Monday and will most certainly will start to rationalize why this is a good thing that someone exists, who could have avoided it, but let it happen anyway. Censored

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
04-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Oh.. sorry to hear. Sad

Hug