Just gave the cat a bath...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: Just gave the cat a bath...
(30-09-2015 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  You do know that cat's should not be bathed unless covered in filth they can't remove? It will ruin their fur, they need that oil on their skin to have healthy skin and fur.

He had poop all in and on his paws. Sorry. He gets bathed and disinfected. Especially if my kids are going to be playing/holding/petting him.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-09-2015, 08:21 PM
I've had one cat that liked water so much he'd come running and jump in with you when he heard the shower going. He'd also go into full blown panic if you locked him out of the bathroom, thereby denying him the opportunity to join you.

With every other cat I've had, bathing would have been an all out war with casualties and long lasting grudges.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-09-2015, 08:30 PM
(30-09-2015 08:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  You do know that cat's should not be bathed unless covered in filth they can't remove? It will ruin their fur, they need that oil on their skin to have healthy skin and fur.

He had poop all in and on his paws. Sorry. He gets bathed and disinfected. Especially if my kids are going to be playing/holding/petting him.

Yeah, when I brought my Leo home as a kitten he had diarrhea in the carrier on the way home and slid all around in it. I know how you feel, KC. At that point, a bath is a must!

Little guy still smelled like poop even after the bath. All he wanted to do was get to know me and cuddle, while I was hoping he'd explore his new surroundings instead. Peeeeew!

The only other time I had to bathe him it was because the Veterinarian told me to. I'd given Leo flea medicine. I was trying to get it between his shoulder blades just right, and as cats do, he squirmed. I got a bit of it lower than I should have where he could lick it. He was throwing up everywhere. Turns out Heart brand flea medicine is toxic to cats. Leo was not happy about the bath No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
30-09-2015, 08:34 PM
(30-09-2015 08:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I've had one cat that liked water so much he'd come running and jump in with you when he heard the shower going. He'd also go into full blown panic if you locked him out of the bathroom, thereby denying him the opportunity to join you.

With every other cat I've had, bathing would have been an all out war with casualties and long lasting grudges.

Cats are so weird. That's why I like them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-09-2015, 08:40 PM
(30-09-2015 08:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 08:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I've had one cat that liked water so much he'd come running and jump in with you when he heard the shower going. He'd also go into full blown panic if you locked him out of the bathroom, thereby denying him the opportunity to join you.

Cats are so weird. That's why I like them.

Living in a house with multiple cats who have very different personalities is much like what I imagine living in a mental institution must be like. Every cat I've ever had is completely nuts in its own way. If there's a such thing as a normal cat, I don't want one.

'Murican Canadian
30-09-2015, 08:41 PM

When Blue was a kitten he would walk around the tub when I was soaking in it. I knew the day would come when he wouldn't fit along the back wall. One night his tail, back legs, and butt hit the water...he scrambled off and since then seldom goes into the bathroom.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-09-2015, 10:19 PM
[Image: dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg]

Who the fuck washes a cat?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-10-2015, 04:15 AM
(30-09-2015 10:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg]

So, you lick poop off your hands?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-10-2015, 04:35 AM
(01-10-2015 04:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 10:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg]

So, you lick poop off your hands?

I'm not a cat. Unless it's human poop (which if it is raises more questions), I don't see the harm in your cat having a bit of poop on its paws.
01-10-2015, 04:39 AM
(30-09-2015 07:50 PM)cactus Wrote:  You named your cat Dufus? nice Cool

One of these days when I get my own cat, I will name him...

Sir Fuzzbutt, the Fuzziest of Butts

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]