Just got wisdom teeth taken out.. Blah

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 08:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Just got wisdom teeth taken out.. Blah
(24-01-2013 06:44 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 06:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  No antibiotics? WTAF?

And what is it you don't like about painkillers? What they gave you is pretty mild stuff.
Nope, no anti-biotics. I am aware that it is mild compared to morphine, vicodin, ect,

Mild, that's an understatement. Girly has to take like 8 tylenol 3's to even take notice. And that much acetaminophen could blow my liver out even if I haven't had a drink or two. Acetaminophen's some nasty shit as far as the liver's concerned.

(24-01-2013 06:44 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  I'm just not fond of taking prescription pills when I don't have to, especially pain-killers. My mother also happens to be a pain-killer addict, so that might have something to do with it.

Well, there you go. A pain-killer addict ain't enticed by tylenol 3, hell they sell tylenol 3 over the counter in Canada (at least they used to, not sure about now). Take a couple of old school aspirin with your tylenol 3. Old school shit works. Or it wouldn't be called old school, it'd be called snake oil shit that don't work.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2013, 08:05 PM
(24-01-2013 07:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well, there you go. A pain-killer addict ain't enticed by tylenol 3, hell they sell tylenol 3 over the counter in Canada (at least they used to, not sure about now). Take a couple of old school aspirin with your tylenol 3. Old school shit works. Or it wouldn't be called old school, it'd be called snake oil shit that don't work.
Well, aspirin or acetaminophen with codeine is OTC, but it's like #1 - 8mg of Codeine.

Tylenol #3 has 30mg of codeine.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-01-2013, 08:16 PM
(24-01-2013 04:59 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  This is rather painful :|
I was going to go without the pain pills (because I don't like them) But I don't think that's going to happen lol
Take the pain pills. You will wish you were dead in a few hours if you do not!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
24-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I must have still created this thread when I was still quite loopy...

My appointment was at 8AM. I remember everything up to when they put me
out. I don't remember waking up after being under or leaving the
dentists. I vaguely remember going into the pharmacy but I don't at all
remember half of what went on in there, just a couple bits here and there. Next thing I
remember is sitting in the truck outside the Market (the one I work at), then I must
have gone in because I remember picking out some soup, but I don't
remember seeing or talking to anyone in the store, paying for what I
bought, or leaving the store and getting back into the truck. The only thing I remember about going into my workplace was grabbing three soups, one of which we can't seem to find now that were home -_-

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

24-01-2013, 08:36 PM
(24-01-2013 08:34 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  I must have still created this thread when I was still quite loopy...

My appointment was at 8AM. I remember everything up to when they put me
out. I don't remember waking up after being under or leaving the
dentists. I vaguely remember going into the pharmacy but I don't at all
remember half of what went on in there, just a couple bits here and there. Next thing I
remember is sitting in the truck outside the Market (the one I work at), then I must
have gone in because I remember picking out some soup, but I don't
remember seeing or talking to anyone in the store, paying for what I
bought, or leaving the store and getting back into the truck. The only thing I remember about going into my workplace was grabbing three soups, one of which we can't seem to find now that were home -_-

I hope you weren't driving that truck. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-01-2013, 08:43 PM
(24-01-2013 07:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  hell they sell tylenol 3 over the counter in Canada (at least they used to, not sure about now).
No they don't, at least not now. What they sell over the counter is Tylenol 1 which is much less codeine.

(24-01-2013 08:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, aspirin or acetaminophen with codeine is OTC, but it's like #1 - 8mg of Codeine.

Correct. I wasn't sure about the precise amount of Codeine in Tylenol 1 but a quick search yielded the same results.

References: http://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_detail...ame_id=660
+ I took a pharmacy technician course in the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) In Calgary.
+ I'm canadian Tongue

EDIT:

(24-01-2013 08:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  I hope you weren't driving that truck. Consider

Hehe, no, I was not. I doubt I would have made it home if I was.

24-01-2013, 08:44 PM
(24-01-2013 08:43 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 07:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  hell they sell tylenol 3 over the counter in Canada (at least they used to, not sure about now).
No they don't, at least not now. What they sell over the counter is Tylenol 1 which is much less codeine.

(24-01-2013 08:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, aspirin or acetaminophen with codeine is OTC, but it's like #1 - 8mg of Codeine.

Correct. I wasn't sure about the precise amount of Codeine in Tylenol 1 but a quick search yielded the same results.

References: http://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_detail...ame_id=660
+ I took a pharmacy technician course in the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) In Calgary.

I'm self-taught. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-01-2013, 08:51 PM
(24-01-2013 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm self-taught. Dodgy
Nothing wrong with that, a lot of what I know is due to teaching myself things. All I really went in to be a pharmacy technician for was to get an understanding of what they teach you about the ways specific drugs effect the brain. Neurology is a really interesting subject for me, I should have just flat out taken a neurology class instead. Getting information from organized (usually) professors can be beneficial as an addition to self study.

24-01-2013, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 10:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-01-2013 08:34 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  My appointment was at 8AM. I remember everything up to when they put me out. I don't remember waking up after being under or leaving the dentists. I vaguely remember going into the pharmacy but I don't at all remember half of what went on in there, just a couple bits here and there.

Shit, sounds like they gave you some propofol. I didn't get shit but novocaine when mine were dug out. Good times. Only time I get propofol now is when I have my colonoscopy. I always wake up asking the nurse "Can I get some of that shit to take home?" She always says, "You're not the first to ask. But no silly, that's the shit that killed Michael Jackson." ... Even now I'm lucky to get nitrous when I go to the dentist to get teeth pulled (which is the only reason I even go the dentist after my experience in the USN) and I don't even really notice that shit. I think you got a good dentist if they have an anesthesiologist on hand. ... Or maybe you experienced all that shit just from a light nitrous oxide feed. ... In which case, you are not experienced, you have never been experienced. ... oops, song fart.

... not necessarily stoned ... but ... beautiful.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-01-2013, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 09:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-01-2013 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm self-taught. Dodgy

Me too, brother. But in an entirely different context. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad Wisdom Teeth Ferdinand 52 1,450 18-09-2013 03:48 PM
Last Post: Elesjei
  TTA's Words of Wisdom. bemore 40 1,226 08-01-2013 07:06 PM