Just got wisdom teeth taken out.. Blah

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 06:25 AM
RE: Just got wisdom teeth taken out.. Blah
Yeah well he said they were using a benzodiazepine. Must have been a powerful one haha.
My brain needs to stop bringing the sensation of my missing wisdom teeth to consciousness aghh

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 02:55 AM
I certainly hope my wisdom teeth don't cause me any problems that cause them to be ripped out.

They've already done enough.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
29-01-2013, 04:31 AM
(24-01-2013 04:59 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  This is rather painful :|
I was going to go without the pain pills (because I don't like them) But I don't think that's going to happen lol
Sadcryface2 Oh no, how ever will you be able to be a thinking atheist anymore??? Just kidding dude, I feel your pain. It really sucks.
Wonder where they got the term "wisdom teeth" from anyway?
29-01-2013, 08:56 AM
(29-01-2013 04:31 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 04:59 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  This is rather painful :|
I was going to go without the pain pills (because I don't like them) But I don't think that's going to happen lol
Sadcryface2 Oh no, how ever will you be able to be a thinking atheist anymore??? Just kidding dude, I feel your pain. It really sucks.

Quote:They are generally thought to be called wisdom teeth because they appear so late – much later than the other teeth, at an age where people are presumably "wiser" than as a child, when the other teeth erupt. The term probably came as a translation of the Latin dens sapientiae.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-01-2013, 09:02 AM
(29-01-2013 08:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 04:31 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Sadcryface2 Oh no, how ever will you be able to be a thinking atheist anymore??? Just kidding dude, I feel your pain. It really sucks.

Quote:They are generally thought to be called wisdom teeth because they appear so late – much later than the other teeth, at an age where people are presumably "wiser" than as a child, when the other teeth erupt. The term probably came as a translation of the Latin dens sapienti
Thanks, Chas. So, the fact that mine never came out is a good indication that I'm pretty stupid right?
29-01-2013, 03:29 PM
(29-01-2013 09:02 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Thanks, Chas. So, the fact that mine never came out is a good indication that I'm pretty stupid right?
Correlation != Causation.

I just want them to stop aching. I've missed more work then I thought I would. Practically been out of order for a week strait now.

30-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Hope they're feeling better. =0(

I had all 4 out when I was 18. I took the vicodin they gave me, but it made me slightly queasy for a week or so. I wasn't allowed solid food so my mom bought me carnation instant breakfast, and I nearly barf when I think of that stuff now. I'd sneak into the kitchen at night and steal pretzel rods and suck on them when my parents weren't looking. lol. The not eating bothered me more the pain, but then, I usually doubled up on the vicodin...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
(30-01-2013 10:48 AM)amyb Wrote:  Hope they're feeling better. =0(

I had all 4 out when I was 18. I took the vicodin they gave me, but it made me slightly queasy for a week or so. I wasn't allowed solid food so my mom bought me carnation instant breakfast, and I nearly barf when I think of that stuff now. I'd sneak into the kitchen at night and steal pretzel rods and suck on them when my parents weren't looking. lol. The not eating bothered me more the pain, but then, I usually doubled up on the vicodin...
Vicodin for pain control after getting wisdom teeth taken out!? Wha!? That's interesting.

01-02-2013, 04:33 PM
T3 (Tylenol with codeine) - poor drug. Only works if you have the enzyme to convert codeine to morphine. 10-20% lack the enzyme and all else vary from 1-100%. Better to take morphine so you know what you're taking. Btw short term narcotics for acute pain are very low risk for addiction. Long term for chronic pain very high risk with rare if any value. Usually the dose and the pain escalate as you build tolerance to the drug.
03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
(24-01-2013 08:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  I hope you weren't driving that truck. Consider
I remember when I got mine removed - all four at once. I was guided to the car - I remember that - but I do not remember waking up or saying thanks and goodbye to the doctor (which I was told I did). Also, I remember going fishing that night with my father (my father drove)! The doctor did a great job.