Just how much Christ is in Christmas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Just how much Christ is in Christmas?

So after being bombarded this season to remember that it's CHRISTmas and not xmas or happy holidays, I did some pondering. I realize that Christmas is stolen from pagan traditions, but most people dismiss that because they're in denial. So let us just look at the activities celebrated for Christmas and compare them with Christ himself.

1. We already know from Jeremiah 10:2 that Jesus hates Christmas trees.

"Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen.... For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest ... with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold."

2. People say the purpose of Christmas is to give. But honestly, most people expect to receive too. And they aren't giving in the way that Christ approves. Jesus didn't want people to give so that others could amass more material possessions. Jesus wanted you to give to get rid of your stuff. To free yourself of earthly bounds by disengaging from belongings and money. (Camel, eye of a needle, all that) So even the giving part is wrong because you're basically just buying more things for each other, only letting the other people choose what you get.

3. Family. People will argue that Christmas is the time to spend with family. But Christ hated family. He shunned his own family, pretended they weren't related when they rarely called on him ("my followers are my only family"), and made such wonderful statements as:

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

4. So presents, decorations, and family are out. What's left? The food? Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins, that's out too.

A real Christmas would be an animal sacrifice while groveling in fear and starving yourself for days.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post