Just in case I'm wrong!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Just in case I'm wrong!
After having a friend die 4 weeks ago and having to put one of my dogs down 2 weeks ago and now today finding out my other dog has cancer and will die soon, if you're real god, when I die, I will hunt your ass down and send you to your hell! FUCK YOU!!! And fuck all you people that believe in it too!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Toney's post
29-06-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Just in case I'm wrong!
(29-06-2015 09:48 AM)Toney Wrote:  After having a friend die 4 weeks ago and having to put one of my dogs down 2 weeks ago and now today finding out my other dog has cancer and will die soon, if you're real god, when I die, I will hunt your ass down and send you to your hell! FUCK YOU!!! And fuck all you people that believe in it too!

I understand you are sad. But put the anger away. There is no god with whom to be angry. Life sucks. Death comes to us all. I actually have a thread now dedicated to the fact my life is in danger due to cancer.

These days I think of this quote a lot.

“Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh.”
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

I am truly sorry for your loss. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 09:57 AM
I am very sorry for you lost . But I have to warn you that you will have to wait in line I said the same thing when my mom and sister were killed 34 years ago, and again when my daughter die 8 years ago. What a weak fuck it (It) is. I want it to squim in fucking pain My family was completely innocent and there is not a day that goes by that it haunts me of their memory
[+] 1 user Likes davcon06q8's post
29-06-2015, 09:58 AM
(29-06-2015 09:48 AM)Toney Wrote:  After having a friend die 4 weeks ago and having to put one of my dogs down 2 weeks ago and now today finding out my other dog has cancer and will die soon, if you're real god, when I die, I will hunt your ass down and send you to your hell! FUCK YOU!!! And fuck all you people that believe in it too!

Yeah, but don't you know....god moves in mysterious fuckin ways.

Sorry about everything you're going through. That's really crappy shit. Wow.

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-06-2015, 10:04 AM
I am so sorry, Toney. You are going through a lot right now. My heart goes out to you. Just know that we are here to offer you support and friendship.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Stephen Fry said it well...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-06-2015, 11:11 AM
(29-06-2015 09:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

I understand you are sad. But put the anger away. There is no god with whom to be angry. Life sucks. Death comes to us all. I actually have a thread now dedicated to the fact my life is in danger due to cancer.

“Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh.”

Off topic here. I love that quote. I need to read me some Marcus Aurelius.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-06-2015, 11:14 AM
(29-06-2015 11:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 09:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I understand you are sad. But put the anger away. There is no god with whom to be angry. Life sucks. Death comes to us all. I actually have a thread now dedicated to the fact my life is in danger due to cancer.

Off topic here. I love that quote. I need to read me some Marcus Aurelius.

Here it is.

Marcus Aurelius. Meditations.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Toney-
sending hugs and sincere sympathy on the loss of both your 2-legged and 4-legged friends. Its never easy to say good bye to those we love.

Spend as much time as you can with the pup remaining, take lots of photos, make some memories.

Our labrador has been gone a year and a half and still missed everyday, even though we have a new dog here. Friends always leave their mark on our hearts long after they are gone.

Heart

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
29-06-2015, 02:58 PM
That is a horrible situation and I'm sorry for your experiences.

I am in an odd place now where my mother, who is a devout christian, is aging and possibly facing death soon. I say that because she's had three TIA's in the past two days and is headed to the Doctor for further testing. Both her parents died of strokes. The irony is that my wife's mother called her and told her to get her ass to the ER. My mom thought it was god telling my wife's mother to relay that message to her because it may ward off a large stroke. I didn't have the heart to deflate my mother's perception of a personal god warning her, when it was really just her confirmation bias. Why would god relay that message to someone else instead of just relaying it to her, if he even existed? No, instead I let her have that moment because I know it probably brings her peace, thinking that if she goes, she'll be in heaven. She's believed that all her life and if that helps her get through facing death, i'll leave it be.

That brings me to what I wanted to say though. There are no experts on death, for there is nothing to know about it. Not even those who study the death process have an edge on the rest of us. We are all equals in thinking about it and we all begin and end thinking about it from a position of ignorance. Death and its concept are absolutely empty. The concept of it has a use for the living but that's it. All we can say about death is that it is the end of one's life; is a simple termination.

The unavoidable conclusion is that neither I nor you will ever personally taste death. We will cease to be conscious before the end. No matter how close we come to it, death recedes before us. We are actually dead only for others. When the end actually arrives we will no longer be there. Death is always described from the perspective of the living. As Ludwig Wittgenstein famously put it, “Death is not an experience in life.”

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post