Just in case anyone was wondering . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: Just in case anyone was wondering . . .
(20-06-2017 06:50 PM)Jedi Rainbow Dash Wrote:  shame on The Sun for giving them free advertising.

Fixt.

Yeah, at this point any further reasons are superfluous.

As for the idjots - that's really taking stupidity and/or crass manipulation of dumb people a breath too far Rolleyes

[Image: tumblr_ompgyeEKTk1w82ml7o1_500.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2017, 06:15 AM
(21-06-2017 08:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 08:59 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  If only there were a simple way to prove their claims.....

I dunno....

I'd say watch them 24/7 for a month.

> Indeed. They'd have a tough time explaining their regular visits to the local supermarket(s), buying food and toilet paper. Consider
Find all posts by this user
22-06-2017, 09:18 AM
(22-06-2017 06:15 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 08:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I dunno....

I'd say watch them 24/7 for a month.

> Indeed. They'd have a tough time explaining their regular visits to the local supermarket(s), buying food and toilet paper. Consider

Methinks that they aren't needing toilet paper. Smile
22-06-2017, 02:24 PM
(22-06-2017 09:18 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Methinks that they aren't needing toilet paper. Smile
In fact, that is one of the claims. Rolleyes

But then, breatharians are replete with amazing claims.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
22-06-2017, 02:45 PM
(20-06-2017 01:37 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 07:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Breathidiots.

http://www.snopes.com/breatharians/

James Randi debunked Jasmuheen a decade ago.

What about that other Prahlad Jani mahterkrishnahairylarry guy in the Wiki link? They watched him for 2 weeks with no food, no water, no pee and no poop. The food business I can buy. Think I could probably survive a month or two without food, I mean all sort of flora and fauna can hibernate. And calorie restriction and intermittent fasting have even been shown to have beneficial metabolic effects. There are life extensionists who have been living on 500 kCals/day for years. And depending on how much stores you have in reserve to start with, it'll take a while before your body finishes eating itself. But the no water seems a stretch. Thought that was more like a 3 day and your dead thing. What do animals do for water when they hibernate? Must wake up every now and then and lick a leaf or suck a stone or something I'd imagine.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
22-06-2017, 02:51 PM
(22-06-2017 02:24 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 09:18 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Methinks that they aren't needing toilet paper. Smile

I'm gonna invite this fella to the forum just to dick with the lot of you. Yes

"You have also identified previously as Jesus Christ."

"Well, it’s really complicated, yes, but I carry that frequency. The energy called 'Christ' just means light. It’s a light energy that was created at the beginning of creation and is the foundation of all creation. It’s like the energy that holds creation together. It has got to constantly keep being renewed in different civilisations."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
22-06-2017, 02:59 PM
(22-06-2017 02:24 PM)Dr H Wrote:  

...in the sense that they are full of shit.
22-06-2017, 04:31 PM
(22-06-2017 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 01:37 PM)Dr H Wrote:  James Randi debunked Jasmuheen a decade ago.

What about that other Prahlad Jani mahterkrishnahairylarry guy in the Wiki link? They watched him for 2 weeks with no food, no water, no pee and no poop. The food business I can buy. Think I could probably survive a month or two without food, I mean all sort of flora and fauna can hibernate. And calorie restriction and intermittent fasting have even been shown to have beneficial metabolic effects. There are life extensionists who have been living on 500 kCals/day for years. And depending on how much stores you have in reserve to start with, it'll take a while before your body finishes eating itself. But the no water seems a stretch. Thought that was more like a 3 day and your dead thing. What do animals do for water when they hibernate? Must wake up every now and then and lick a leaf or suck a stone or something I'd imagine.

The two observations of Jani (2003 and 2010) were both done by Dr. Dr Sudhir Shah, who refused to allow skeptics who challenged the monitoring conditions as insufficient to participate in the observations. Jani was able to move out of the camera's observation range, and he gargled and bathed daily; there was no definitive way of determining how much water he ingested at these times. Neither observation record was submitted to any peer-reviewed journal for publication, and the observation team has refused to disclose all details of the observation periods.

http://web.archive.org/web/2007080510201...201_en.htm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...a-sunshine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9On0X3nBaY

--
Dr H

22-06-2017, 04:33 PM
(22-06-2017 02:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm gonna invite this fella to the forum just to dick with the lot of you. Yes

"You have also identified previously as Jesus Christ."

"Well, it’s really complicated, yes, but I carry that frequency. The energy called 'Christ' just means light. It’s a light energy that was created at the beginning of creation and is the foundation of all creation. It’s like the energy that holds creation together. It has got to constantly keep being renewed in different civilisations."

Oh, please do.
But don't tell us when; see if we can figure out who it is.

He may want to put on a hat, to cover the halo...

Big Grin

--
Dr H

22-06-2017, 04:34 PM
(22-06-2017 04:31 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What about that other Prahlad Jani mahterkrishnahairylarry guy in the Wiki link? They watched him for 2 weeks with no food, no water, no pee and no poop. The food business I can buy. Think I could probably survive a month or two without food, I mean all sort of flora and fauna can hibernate. And calorie restriction and intermittent fasting have even been shown to have beneficial metabolic effects. There are life extensionists who have been living on 500 kCals/day for years. And depending on how much stores you have in reserve to start with, it'll take a while before your body finishes eating itself. But the no water seems a stretch. Thought that was more like a 3 day and your dead thing. What do animals do for water when they hibernate? Must wake up every now and then and lick a leaf or suck a stone or something I'd imagine.

The two observations of Jani (2003 and 2010) were both done by Dr. Dr Sudhir Shah, who refused to allow skeptics who challenged the monitoring conditions as insufficient to participate in the observations. Jani was able to move out of the camera's observation range, and he gargled and bathed daily; there was no definitive way of determining how much water he ingested at these times. Neither observation record was submitted to any peer-reviewed journal for publication, and the observation team has refused to disclose all details of the observation periods.

http://web.archive.org/web/2007080510201...201_en.htm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...a-sunshine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9On0X3nBaY

I see. Still 2 weeks or even a month without food wouldn't surprise me. Hell I've fasted for a week. You stop getting hungry after like 3 days when your body starts eating itself. Fasting every other day, on the other hand, seems to extend life. Weird.