Just joined a christian chat site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Just joined a christian chat site
So just joined a site called Christian Chat. The first thing you get brought to as in most forum sites is the rule page. I chuckled at this first one.

1. Nothing anti-Christian, or inappropriate for a Christian chat room or forum.

Next I posted something about God being above the rules he sets.

One thing I've always wondered as a child was if God gives a set of rules to obey by does that mean he have to adhere to the rules as well? So as I was doing a good read of the bible I've notice something....the rules don't go for him which is fairly odd.

Thou shalt not kill
The Flood? Sodom and Gomorrah?

Thou shalt not commit adultery
The impregnation of Mary ,a married women, with Jesus.

Thou shalt not covet
Exodus 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

So what are some of your thoughts on God being off limits to rules he's set for us?

Here were a few responses.

The Rules are for us humans, not divine beings. We are here to be tested, to see if we will choose God or choose self. God can do ALL Things. He makes rules for us to follow to test us and see what we will do. If you want to know the Truth concerning this matter then read the following article

and then this one(which sort of pissed me off)
that should read "thou shalt not murder"
kill & murder are not the same word. check some other translations and you will see.

the immaculate conception ≠ adultery.

God's jealous love ≠ covetousness.

I'm gonna have lots of fun on this site. That is until they ban me lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
27-07-2014, 02:02 PM
RE: Just joined a christian chat site
I belong to a christian forum, and I've met some amazingly beautiful people there. Both christians and atheists. There are also some people that no matter what I might post, they will dislike me because I'm an atheist.

That said, people are people, and if you treat everyone with respect, you should receive it in return. Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
27-07-2014, 02:03 PM
(27-07-2014 01:52 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So just joined a site called Christian Chat. The first thing you get brought to as in most forum sites is the rule page. I chuckled at this first one.

1. Nothing anti-Christian, or inappropriate for a Christian chat room or forum.

Next I posted something about God being above the rules he sets.

One thing I've always wondered as a child was if God gives a set of rules to obey by does that mean he have to adhere to the rules as well? So as I was doing a good read of the bible I've notice something....the rules don't go for him which is fairly odd.

Thou shalt not kill
The Flood? Sodom and Gomorrah?

Thou shalt not commit adultery
The impregnation of Mary ,a married women, with Jesus.

Thou shalt not covet
Exodus 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

So what are some of your thoughts on God being off limits to rules he's set for us?

Here were a few responses.

The Rules are for us humans, not divine beings. We are here to be tested, to see if we will choose God or choose self. God can do ALL Things. He makes rules for us to follow to test us and see what we will do. If you want to know the Truth concerning this matter then read the following article

and then this one(which sort of pissed me off)
that should read "thou shalt not murder"
kill & murder are not the same word. check some other translations and you will see.

the immaculate conception ≠ adultery.

God's jealous love ≠ covetousness.

I'm gonna have lots of fun on this site. That is until they ban me lol

Be careful to not alienate folks, though. You may be the only voice of reason they run across. You could do a lot of good there. Good luck!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
27-07-2014, 02:11 PM
The rules for a cult.
No dissent allowed or be shunned.
27-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't understand what you get out of it?

Of all the ways I could spend my day, the ABSOLUTE LAST PLACE I would go is to hang out on a Christian forum, a church, read the bible, etc.

I see so many people here that do it, and I'm just completely dumbfounded as to why?!

Seriously, I just don't get it. Not trying to be mean, or criticize , I just don't get it.

It's like someone would say to me " hey, let's go eat some shit out of the toilet " and my only response is " fuck no, why the fuck would you do that!!?"

Yeah, I really don't get it. Huh

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
27-07-2014, 02:42 PM
(27-07-2014 02:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I don't understand what you get out of it?

Of all the ways I could spend my day, the ABSOLUTE LAST PLACE I would go is to hang out on a Christian forum, a church, read the bible, etc.

I see so many people here that do it, and I'm just completely dumbfounded as to why?!

Seriously, I just don't get it. Not trying to be mean, or criticize , I just don't get it.

It's like someone would say to me " hey, let's go eat some shit out of the toilet " and my only response is " fuck no, why the fuck would you do that!!?"

Here's a time saver. Big Grin

[Image: cliffsbible_zpsfc369c16.jpg]
27-07-2014, 03:07 PM
(27-07-2014 02:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I don't understand what you get out of it?

I just saw this because I just spent the entire last hour or so listening to arguments that I've heard so many times. Explaining things in a non-confrontational way only for people to engage in circular logic. Horrible idea lol.
27-07-2014, 03:09 PM

I had someone tell me that the virgin birth was the single most important thing to happen in all the cosmos. Yeah I'm done.
27-07-2014, 03:20 PM
I guess I'm of the frame of mind that religion is just shit, I don't need to dissect it to figure out what kind of shit it is, I don't need to debate people over who has better shit, and I don't want to hang out with others who worship shit. Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
27-07-2014, 03:28 PM
What's the name of the site? I'm a member of a few Christian sites. I like to talk about what a jerk God is and how dangerous it is to trust him. I also like to point out how dishonest and deceptive Scripture is and what a confusing mess Christianity is in, and how disgusting and hypocritical the History of Religion is.