Just jokes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: Just jokes
UGI? I don't know either. I'm an old dinosaur who used to write FORTRAN code, and haven't even done that in 16 years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2016, 03:55 PM
(06-09-2016 03:26 PM)Fireball Wrote:  UGI? I don't know either. I'm an old dinosaur who used to write FORTRAN code, and haven't even done that in 16 years.

UGI is "User Graphical Interface", like the Windows desktop. With DOS it was all typing in instruction strings abd codes. But thatvwas for PCs.

Yes, looked at programming as a possibility when I left the RAF in 1972, I did not fancy commercial programming tho so Fortran was probably my aim.

Wish I had gone for it now.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
06-09-2016, 04:13 PM
(06-09-2016 03:55 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 03:26 PM)Fireball Wrote:  UGI? I don't know either. I'm an old dinosaur who used to write FORTRAN code, and haven't even done that in 16 years.

UGI is "User Graphical Interface", like the Windows desktop. With DOS it was all typing in instruction strings abd codes. But thatvwas for PCs.

Yes, looked at programming as a possibility when I left the RAF in 1972, I did not fancy commercial programming tho so Fortran was probably my aim.

Ah. Here, we call it Graphical User Interface. "GUI" I would have understood!
07-09-2016, 01:38 AM
(06-09-2016 04:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 03:55 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  UGI is "User Graphical Interface", like the Windows desktop. With DOS it was all typing in instruction strings abd codes. But thatvwas for PCs.

Ah. Here, we call it Graphical User Interface. "GUI" I would have understood!

Oops, I got my GUI all gooey.

Damn, another brain cell gone missing!

[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
07-09-2016, 06:27 AM
(07-09-2016 01:38 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 04:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Ah. Here, we call it Graphical User Interface. "GUI" I would have understood!

Oops, I got my GUI all gooey.

Nahhhh! It'll turn up!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
07-09-2016, 09:33 AM
(07-09-2016 06:27 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 01:38 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Oops, I got my GUI all gooey.

Nahhhh! It'll turn up!
There are some dark corners to hide in up there, places where even axons fear to tread . . .

Shocking

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
07-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Did you hear the one about the camelid gangster and terrorist? Al Pacone and Osama bin Llama are high on the Llama FBI's watch list, according to a recent statement by President Barack O'Llama.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2016, 09:41 AM
(07-09-2016 09:35 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Did you hear the one about the camelid gangster and terrorist? Al Pacone and Osama bin Llama are high on the Llama FBI's watch list, according to a recent statement by President Barack O'Llama.
Think I'll get out of town if that's so. Could be a lot of guanaco flying around. Alpaca my bags and find somewhere safe to vicuňa.

[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
07-09-2016, 11:08 AM
(07-09-2016 09:41 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 09:35 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Did you hear the one about the camelid gangster and terrorist? Al Pacone and Osama bin Llama are high on the Llama FBI's watch list, according to a recent statement by President Barack O'Llama.
Think I'll get out of town if that's so. Could be a lot of guanaco flying around. Alpaca my bags and find somewhere safe to vicuňa.

I laughed way too hard at the llama cousins of all sorts. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2016, 11:23 AM
A Muslim walks into his local mosque with a big grin on his face.

"What are you so happy about, Abdul?" Asks the Imam.

"Well, I'll tell you," replies Abdul. "I live by the railroad tracks and on my way home last night, I noticed a young woman tied to the rails, like in the American movies. I cut her free and took her back to my humble abode. Allah be praised—we made love all night, all around the tent. We did everything, me on top, sometimes her on top, every position permitted by Mohammed, Peace Be Upon Him!"

"By the most Merciful," exclaimed the Imam, "you have been blessed. Was she as beautiful as a desert flower?"

Abdul grimaced, "By the Jinn, I do not know—I never found her head."

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.