Just leave Christmas the fuck alone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Just leave Christmas the fuck alone.
I hate what atheists are doing, protesting or whatever public Christmas things.
Or making people say 'Happy Holidays' because "Merry Christmas" isn't PC enough.

It's Bull. Shit.

So they have a parade? so fucking what? So do the Irish on Saint Patty's day. So do the gays with their prancing around going "yay for dick" shit. The Chinese have their New Years (which btw is far more badass then Christmas, I'm just sayin.)
Just let the Christians have their little shitty holiday.

Just because as Atheists we don't have a holiday doesn't mean we need to be disrespectful and ruin it for them.

Now don't get it twisted, I think there is a difference between "protest" and.. promoting Atheism, but petitioning public Christmas shit is just so.. petty IMO.
Again, where's the Atheist petitions against the gay pride shit?

"But muffs, it's using public space and public taxes blah blah blah"
So? In America there is a HUGE majority of Christians, does that then not make sense to spend money on that majority?
ie: Taxes pay for roads, but not everybody uses roads. What about the people that walk everywhere? There's heaps of public financed services 100% of the population don't use.

My point is, just because we don't have a holiday shouldn't mean that we don't want them to have theirs.

tl;dr Have some fucking respect. Even if you don't respect the religion, respect that it is their right to believe in that shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
30-11-2012, 06:01 AM
RE: Just leave Christmas the fuck alone.
I have an idea of why people might want to control and limit religion in menial ways like this;

It's kind of like woodpecker and the bull, The woodpecker can not harm the bull directly, but can chip away, annoying the bull. Giving people a sense of victory in battle, however minor it may be. The real solution to religion is therapy and non violence, this Christmas thing seems quite trivial in relation to all the other stuff people could be spending their emotional attention on.
30-11-2012, 06:31 AM
As I mentioned already. I feel nothing towards Christmas, not trying to take it away. My hubby loves it so I will give him a nice christmas because I remember how I liked it when I was a child.
I honestly don't care who celebrates it and who doesn't.
The only things, that bothers me a little bit, is how Christianity took a wonderful holiday with a realy meaning, pushed it a few days away and claimed that this is now Baby Jesus Day and made some stupid stuff of it. That is what bothers me. That people act as if it is their religious holiday, while it is historically provable that it isn't, that it was basically taken from another religion to make it easier for people to get from their many gods to the one god.

But I say again, I do not care IF someone celebrates. We are even invited for two Christmas parties, and most likely we will go to one of them. And we will have a present for everyone because that is common and we like exchanging nice things.
That I have no emotional connection to it anymore does not make me pissed or miserable when I see others having that connection. And because of me not being miserable or pissed I am not even thinking about taking it away from anyone.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2012, 06:59 AM
(30-11-2012 05:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I hate what atheists are doing, protesting or whatever public Christmas things.
Or making people say 'Happy Holidays' because "Merry Christmas" isn't PC enough.

It's Bull. Shit.

So they have a parade? so fucking what? So do the Irish on Saint Patty's day. So do the gays with their prancing around going "yay for dick" shit. The Chinese have their New Years (which btw is far more badass then Christmas, I'm just sayin.)
Just let the Christians have their little shitty holiday.

Just because as Atheists we don't have a holiday doesn't mean we need to be disrespectful and ruin it for them.

Now don't get it twisted, I think there is a difference between "protest" and.. promoting Atheism, but petitioning public Christmas shit is just so.. petty IMO.
Again, where's the Atheist petitions against the gay pride shit?

"But muffs, it's using public space and public taxes blah blah blah"
So? In America there is a HUGE majority of Christians, does that then not make sense to spend money on that majority?
ie: Taxes pay for roads, but not everybody uses roads. What about the people that walk everywhere? There's heaps of public financed services 100% of the population don't use.

My point is, just because we don't have a holiday shouldn't mean that we don't want them to have theirs.

tl;dr Have some fucking respect. Even if you don't respect the religion, respect that it is their right to believe in that shit.

Public money can't be used for any religion - it is unconstitutional. The government is supposed to be secular.

This is not a difficult concept. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2012, 07:05 AM
The only thing that drives me nuts about the Christmas season is that it starts right after Halloween so I am sick of hearing Christmas songs long, long before the holiday actually arrives.

I wish the stores would let us make it through Thanksgiving before starting the endless loop of bad renditions of holiday songs. Time to start wearing my Ipod again when I shop.

Our neighborhood is all decorated now which is a little weird since it's in the 70s and the grass and many trees are still green...looks a little out of place.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-11-2012, 07:13 AM
(30-11-2012 07:05 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The only thing that drives me nuts about the Christmas season is that it starts right after Halloween so I am sick of hearing Christmas songs long, long before the holiday actually arrives.

I wish the stores would let us make it through Thanksgiving before starting the endless loop of bad renditions of holiday songs. Time to start wearing my Ipod again when I shop.

Our neighborhood is all decorated now which is a little weird since it's in the 70s and the grass and many trees are still green...looks a little out of place.

I got confused and thought you had invented timetravel then I remebered which country you're in.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 5 users Like Xinoftruden's post
30-11-2012, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 09:05 AM by frankiej.)
I don't celebrate Christmas anyway. I don't know if I have told you guys about my religion... The Church of the Yogage. We follow the doctrine of the Fistage of the Yogage. Our deity, the Yoga Lord, requires us to celebrate Fistmas in December, because that is when the Red Baron breaks into everyone's house via their chimneys and robs them. Only worship of the Yoga Lord can repel this chubby evil doer.

This religion is entirely about fisting and yoga. Although, everyone knows that you don't get one without the other.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
30-11-2012, 09:01 AM
How about, fuck you? You fucking fuck.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-11-2012, 09:12 AM
The Christmas season. I guess I better start dropping the Christmas benga tracks.

Here's to my third atheist Christmas! Big Grin

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
30-11-2012, 10:11 AM
(30-11-2012 05:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Or making people say 'Happy Holidays' because "Merry Christmas" isn't PC enough.

Well, that's BS. Atheists aren't making people say "Happy Holidays." What happened is that business owners realized that about 25% of their customers are not Christian, so they instruct their employees to make everyone feel welcome and not marginalize 25%. They can say "Happy Holidays" and be inclusive of all their customers, or they can say "Merry Christmas" and be nice to 75% while making the other 25% potentially feel not welcome.

Atheists (as a group) have nothing to do with this.
[+] 2 users Like Frayed Knot's post