Just leave Christmas the fuck alone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2012, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 07:42 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: Just leave Christmas the fuck alone.
(30-11-2012 07:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 06:57 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I agree with that and if you've noticed atheist groups are going after nativity scenes, and not santa scenes, or christmas decorations.

My neighbor puts a baby jeebus on their lawn. I don't care. But if my kids schools or a government office does...ya I've got a problem. I *might* be annoyed if a public shopping mall did it, if they purposefully excluded other religions. If a church wants to do a nativity scene...I don't care. That's their right.

We are talking about government owned property, like parks, court houses, schools etc.

What is done on private property is fine. (Which includes shops)

I agree. But I just want to be crystal clear here.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2012, 08:03 PM
(30-11-2012 07:38 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 07:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My neighbor puts a baby jeebus on their lawn. I don't care. But if my kids schools or a government office does...ya I've got a problem. I *might* be annoyed if a public shopping mall did it, if they purposefully excluded other religions. If a church wants to do a nativity scene...I don't care. That's their right.

We are talking about government owned property, like parks, court houses, schools etc.

What is done on private property is fine. (Which includes shops)

I agree. But I just want to be crystal clear here.

I agree, religious displays have no place on any government owned property. This includes land held by state, federal or local governments.
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Ear, listen closely. There is no war on Christmas. There is no god. There wasn't a Christ and the fellow named Jesus written about in the bible was as real as Han Solo. You won't find Han in any historical records outside the star war books. The same can be said for this Jesus character.

If taxpayer money went toward erecting scenes in star wars movies to celebrate Hans fictional birthday, on government property, you can bet people would be annoyed.

So stop all this bullshit and open your eyes instead of just talking out your ass.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
30-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Just leave Christmas the fuck alone.
Pff. Next thing you know, you fuckers are going to say there's no Santa. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
30-11-2012, 08:22 PM
(30-11-2012 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're not getting it.

Sure it's in the out-dated constitution, but like I said, what about gay pride shit, what about the Irish, what about the Chinese, what about any other minority who never seems to have all this fuss associated with it??

Fuck the constitution.

People, you people, bitch about it all the time "oh the constitution says this it's out dated and needs to be changed" BUT as soon as it helps you in your case it's all "but the constitution says this". It's no better then a theists saying this part of the bible is literal and this part is metaphorical.

Also, would you people be complaining if you were theists? Noooooo...
Gay Pride = Not religious.
St Paddy's Day = Not religious.
Chinese New Year = Not religious.

As none are religious, the constitution says nothing about the government funding and/or promoting them, which is why no one kicks up a fuss about them. The entire reason a fuss is made about government funding and/or promoting Christmas is because the Christians have claimed it as a religious holiday. If they went off promoting Ramadan, or some holiday promoting the Jedi Order then secular people who care about the constitution would also kick up a fuss about that.

Now, if Christians want to give up their claim on Christmas and admit they nicked it so that it is no longer associated with their religion, then I think you'll find no one could give a crap about the government getting involved and having a good ol' time.
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehog648's post
30-11-2012, 08:39 PM
(30-11-2012 08:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pff. Next thing you know, you fuckers are going to say there's no Santa. Dodgy
[Image: tomoffinland-santa.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
30-11-2012, 08:48 PM
(30-11-2012 08:39 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 08:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pff. Next thing you know, you fuckers are going to say there's no Santa. Dodgy
[Image: tomoffinland-santa.jpg]

**claps hands** I believe! I believe! Oh wait! That's Peter Pan...
30-11-2012, 08:59 PM
(30-11-2012 08:22 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're not getting it.

Sure it's in the out-dated constitution, but like I said, what about gay pride shit, what about the Irish, what about the Chinese, what about any other minority who never seems to have all this fuss associated with it??

Fuck the constitution.

People, you people, bitch about it all the time "oh the constitution says this it's out dated and needs to be changed" BUT as soon as it helps you in your case it's all "but the constitution says this". It's no better then a theists saying this part of the bible is literal and this part is metaphorical.

Also, would you people be complaining if you were theists? Noooooo...
Gay Pride = Not religious.

As none are religious, the constitution says nothing about the government funding and/or promoting them, which is why no one kicks up a fuss about them. The entire reason a fuss is made about government funding and/or promoting Christmas is because the Christians have claimed it as a religious holiday. If they went off promoting Ramadan, or some holiday promoting the Jedi Order then secular people who care about the constitution would also kick up a fuss about that.

Now, if Christians want to give up their claim on Christmas and admit they nicked it so that it is no longer associated with their religion, then I think you'll find no one could give a crap about the government getting involved and having a good ol' time.
Chinese New Years, Saint Patrick's day are both cultural holidays.
How is it perfectly fine to be fine with different cultural holidays, yet not fine with religious holidays?

The line between culture and religion is pretty slim IMO. At least with religion it effects more people (Christmas anyway) and is personal choice.

I understand that the state is suppose to be separate from religion but allowing people to erect (tehe) nativity scenes on public property is far from enacting religious legislation.
If anyone needs to cut the bullshit, it's you folk. You wanna get real? let's get real for a moment.
73% of Americans associate themselves with Christianity. 73%.
Are you saying that a government allowing a holiday for 73% of the public holiday in the public stage is unconstitutional? That's a little fucked up IMO.
73% of tax payers are Christians. How many gays or Irish or Chinese? I guarantee 73% of the US isn't Chinese..
If they have to pay for gay pride/chinese/irish/other, then those people should damn well have to put up with Christmas.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
30-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Why are you still talking?

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-11-2012, 09:07 PM
(30-11-2012 08:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 08:22 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  Gay Pride = Not religious.

Chinese New Years, Saint Patrick's day are both cultural holidays.
How is it perfectly fine to be fine with different cultural holidays, yet not fine with religious holidays?

The line between culture and religion is pretty slim IMO. At least with religion it effects more people (Christmas anyway) and is personal choice.

I understand that the state is suppose to be separate from religion but allowing people to erect (tehe) nativity scenes on public property is far from enacting religious legislation.
If anyone needs to cut the bullshit, it's you folk. You wanna get real? let's get real for a moment.
73% of Americans associate themselves with Christianity. 73%.
Are you saying that a government allowing a holiday for 73% of the public holiday in the public stage is unconstitutional? That's a little fucked up IMO.
73% of tax payers are Christians. How many gays or Irish or Chinese? I guarantee 73% of the US isn't Chinese..
If they have to pay for gay pride/chinese/irish/other, then those people should damn well have to put up with Christmas.

Last I checked we are a country of different cultures which should be celebrated. Christianity is not a culture. It is a religious belief. Irsh Americans, Chinese Americans, Africans Americans are all free to celebrate their culture.

It doesn't matter how many "Christains" there are. Most actually don't give a rats butt if you say merry Christmas or happy holidays. Why should a noisy few get to dismantle the constitution without any due process.

Write your congressman. Get the country to vote to sanction the Christian faith as a national religion by adding an amendment to our US constitution. See how far it goes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue Fuck off Theists, we have already won: sporehux 6 148 13-06-2014 02:28 AM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock
  Why people leave Mormonism/religion - comprehensive list freetoreason 7 194 28-05-2014 12:48 AM
Last Post: ShirubaDangan
  The fuck with hinduism Metazoa Zeke 34 802 13-04-2014 01:05 PM
Last Post: IndianAtheist
  War on christmas DLJ 32 903 31-12-2013 11:54 AM
Last Post: Ameron1963
  The theatre of theism at Christmas time! dancefortwo 0 102 26-12-2013 02:59 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Phil Robertson, Ducky Dynasty and war on Christmas FaceOfBoe 72 2,457 24-12-2013 09:40 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Merry Christmas! theword 19 576 21-12-2013 09:41 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills