Just listened to The Endless River

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Just listened to The Endless River
[Image: endless.river.jpg]

Although I really like Pink Floyd, I was expecting something... different.
Their last album "The Division Bell" is much much better. I miss David's vocals I guess, since this is a more instrumental work...

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Just listened to The Endless River
I didnt even know they still existed.

How old are they now? 80?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2014, 03:18 PM
(11-11-2014 03:13 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I didnt even know they still existed.

How old are they now? 80?

They (David Gilmour and Nick Mason) used some keyboards recordings left by the now deceased Richard Wright. Roger Waters didn't participate.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

11-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Downloaded it and listened to the album this afternoon. Definitely "Pink Floyd-ish". I was expecting something along the lines of Division Bell or Momentary Lapse of Reason...I don't think there will be anything memorable from this album. I guess I am a bit disappointed.

Gilmour is one of my guitar heroes and I didn't hear anything approaching the solos from Division or Momentary. Too bad....
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2014, 03:30 PM
(11-11-2014 07:34 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  Downloaded it and listened to the album this afternoon. Definitely "Pink Floyd-ish". I was expecting something along the lines of Division Bell or Momentary Lapse of Reason...I don't think there will be anything memorable from this album. I guess I am a bit disappointed.

Gilmour is one of my guitar heroes and I didn't hear anything approaching the solos from Division or Momentary. Too bad....

Agree. 'Marooned' alone is much better that the whole 'The Endless River' album.
So bad their last album is not that good; 'The Division Bell' would had been a better last album.