Just made a mormon cry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Just made a mormon cry
Interesting experience. A mormon envoy sent from the local church to ex-mormons. Three of them rather than the usual 2.

Was some guy from Las Vegas, another from California and some Swiss guy.

The two yanks I shut down immediately with a single comment on America's culture of genital mutilation, but the Swiss guy kept talking for a little longer.

After he explained how my life would be better if I started going back to church I asked him "how could my life be better if I take advice from two rednecks and a traitor?"

He stuttered a bit, then asked "I am a traitor? How?"

Then I said "A mormon from Switzerland? What a fucking embarrassment. I can't even imagine the shame your extended family has for your corrupted branch."

One of the yanks started sobbing then, then there was some silence for a moment, then the other yank said "ok, have a good day" and they left.

I feel kinda bad for them because I don't think any of them were older than 20, and they were all small and timid while I am pretty intimidating, but on the other hand experience tells me that whenever the mormons find out where you live as an ex-mormon they won't leave you alone unless you are super harsh. (My last stunt involved dragging the bishops secret disowned daughter to church to shame him in front of the congregation, which is a story I think I posted here back a few years ago)

Just a story from last night in my life. And the reason I decided to log into here for a bit today lol

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
15-01-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: Just made a mormon cry
Not very familiar with Mormonism (or Swiss culture, really): what did you mean about the "shame your extended family has for your corrupted branch?

Just curious

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
15-01-2016, 12:25 PM
(15-01-2016 12:22 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Not very familiar with Mormonism (or Swiss culture, really): what did you mean about the "shame your extended family has for your corrupted branch?

Just curious

I don't really know either, but it was enough to render him speechless. To be honest I've found it is a general good bet to refer to cultural treason when it comes to europeans who are members of American religions. If you are wanting to insult them when they come knocking anyway.

You're not going to change any minds that way, but if that's not the goal then it seems valid.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
15-01-2016, 12:25 PM
(15-01-2016 12:22 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Not very familiar with Mormonism (or Swiss culture, really): what did you mean about the "shame your extended family has for your corrupted branch?

Just curious

I would like to know as well. Except for Roger Federer, I'm totally clueless on anything Swiss.
15-01-2016, 01:39 PM
[Image: verbal-abuse-final-1.png]

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
15-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Fuck 'em...

When they show up on your doorstep - they're fair game.....

As is any other random dickhead who shows up uninvited - with "information" that's supposed to change the way I live.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
16-01-2016, 11:52 PM
(15-01-2016 12:18 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Interesting experience. A mormon envoy sent from the local church to ex-mormons. Three of them rather than the usual 2.

The two yanks I shut down immediately with a single comment on America's culture of genital mutilation, but the Swiss guy kept talking for a little longer.

After he explained how my life would be better if I started going back to church I asked him "how could my life be better if I take advice from two rednecks and a traitor?"

Then I said "A mormon from Switzerland? What a fucking embarrassment. I can't even imagine the shame your extended family has for your corrupted branch."

One of the yanks started sobbing then, then there was some silence for a moment, then the other yank said "ok, have a good day" and they left.

I feel kinda bad for them because I don't think any of them were older than 20, and they were all small and timid while I am pretty intimidating, but on the other hand experience tells me that whenever the mormons find out where you live as an ex-mormon they won't leave you alone unless you are super harsh. (My last stunt involved dragging the bishops secret disowned daughter to church to shame him in front of the congregation, which is a story I think I posted here back a few years ago)

Just a story from last night in my life. And the reason I decided to log into here for a bit today lol
That's really something to be proud of.
17-01-2016, 09:42 AM
(15-01-2016 12:18 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Interesting experience. A mormon envoy sent from the local church to ex-mormons. Three of them rather than the usual 2.

Don't feel bad about it. They don't deserve respect. They are't at the door selling Girl Scout cookies, they are out to get you to surrender your mind. They deserve to be treated harshly. The world is dying for religion. The further people get away from reason the worse things get. Religion is not the answer, It's the root cause. It's the chief purveyor of unreason. In my opinion you can't be harsh enough on the salesman of death.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
17-01-2016, 09:46 AM
I see them all the time around town. They never approach me. I think they sense that they won't get anywhere with me.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
17-01-2016, 12:03 PM

Wow that is so creepy that they basically stalk the ex mormons. JWs are similar I've heard. It's worse that they send out those young ones to do their dirty work, but not surprising. I hope that they leave you alone.