Just made a mormon cry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: Just made a mormon cry
(18-01-2016 01:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 11:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which one's the joke?
Person pretending as if they were going to answer the door naked was the harmless joke,

The other was obviously at the expense of another.

Just so we're clear here.... I was naked, I wasn't pretending to be. I'd been cleaning the shower (though I'm naked a lot at home for no reason at all other than I enjoy naked) when I walked down the hall I noticed them through the little hall window as they approached my house. I open the window and asked what they wanted. My bare breasts/nipples were just below the window sill but they could see enough to know I was not clothed.

They started with "we want to invite you to church..." I said, "I'm atheist. I don't need church but I'll be happy to answer the door and discuss it." I moved from the window and by the time I crossed the 6 or 7 feet to the door they were in the van and speeding away down to the county road... never to return. Big Grin

Intruders do not deserve courtesy. Religious trolls don't either.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post
19-01-2016, 02:01 AM
I once made a JW slap me over the wrist because I mistook his small child for being the wrong gender. He was very reluctant to do so. After that we chatted a bit in the door. It ended with me asking him if he was sure that his book was translated entirely correct or if the translators might have used a more modern knowledge to make it easy to relate to what we know of the world. He agreed that it might be true and we said goodbye.

At that time I also had some other JW who would visit me for coffee and a chat. He talked the bible and I talked science. It stopped after some time. I guess he understood that even though I'm alone much of the time I don't need to company of religion. But I did like his visits. I don't really care that they come and try to peddle their stuff. I haven't experienced that a simple no thanks and a have a nice day, isn't enough to send them off again.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
19-01-2016, 02:45 AM
(19-01-2016 02:01 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I once made a JW slap me over the wrist because I mistook his small child for being the wrong gender. He was very reluctant to do so. After that we chatted a bit in the door. It ended with me asking him if he was sure that his book was translated entirely correct or if the translators might have used a more modern knowledge to make it easy to relate to what we know of the world. He agreed that it might be true and we said goodbye.

At that time I also had some other JW who would visit me for coffee and a chat. He talked the bible and I talked science. It stopped after some time. I guess he understood that even though I'm alone much of the time I don't need to company of religion. But I did like his visits. I don't really care that they come and try to peddle their stuff. I haven't experienced that a simple no thanks and a have a nice day, isn't enough to send them off again.

Goodonya mate! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-01-2016, 05:45 AM
I have a sticker beside the doorbell which effectively says "Cold Callers - Fuck Off".

Doesn't stop the occasional ignorant/unobservant/illiterate individual ringing the bell though and they get short shrift from me.

Had two elderly ladies at the door a while back, selling Jebus. They evidently thought the rule didn't apply to them because they were:
  1. Old
  2. Bringing me "good news"
  3. Religious
  4. Did I say they were elderly?

I was perfectly civil to them but pointed to the sign.

"Ah but we're not selling you anything," said one.

I ceased being civil after that...................

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
19-01-2016, 07:29 AM
(18-01-2016 10:15 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 01:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Person pretending as if they were going to answer the door naked was the harmless joke,

The other was obviously at the expense of another.

Just so we're clear here.... I was naked, I wasn't pretending to be. I'd been cleaning the shower (though I'm naked a lot at home for no reason at all other than I enjoy naked) when I walked down the hall I noticed them through the little hall window as they approached my house. I open the window and asked what they wanted. My bare breasts/nipples were just below the window sill but they could see enough to know I was not clothed.

They started with "we want to invite you to church..." I said, "I'm atheist. I don't need church but I'll be happy to answer the door and discuss it." I moved from the window and by the time I crossed the 6 or 7 feet to the door they were in the van and speeding away down to the county road... never to return. Big Grin

Intruders do not deserve courtesy. Religious trolls don't either.
Well that's still comparatively harmless.
19-01-2016, 07:32 AM
luckily i live in the middle of nowhere so this never happens to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
19-01-2016, 08:04 AM
No one ever seems to bug me either Undecided Apparently we've got earnest young men down at the shopping mall peddling salvation but... no one ever tries to peddle it to me Hobo Dammit. I wanna anti-salvate some wet-behind-the-ears twits, introduce them to critical thinking... I'll call it my good deed for the day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post