Just missed the Roman gods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 04:34 AM
RE: Just missed the Roman gods?
(09-04-2014 12:01 AM)Dee Wrote:  ...
(for what ever reason)

Political reasons:

"Acclaimed as emperor by the army after his father's death in 306, Constantine emerged victorious in a series of civil wars against the emperors Maxentius and Licinius to become sole ruler of both west and east by 324.
He called the First Council of Nicaea in 325, at which the Nicene Creed was professed by Christians."

Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-04-2014, 05:48 AM
DLJ, I also side with the political reason for Constantine's "conversion," yet there are credible historians suggesting that Constantine may have come to believe in the new religion as a truth further on in his life.

I am not sure of why, but I left it open.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
09-04-2014, 08:16 AM
(09-04-2014 12:01 AM)Dee Wrote:  I don't believe the Roman empire collapsed. It just simply changed names to the Holy Roman Empire with the help of the Roman Emperor, Constantine (306-337 ACE), also known as Constantine the Great.

Constantine converted (for what ever reason) to the new religion, Christianity, and by the end of his reign saw to the conversion of most of Rome. Shortly after Constantine, Rome began raising Popes instead of Emperors.

Also, the gods were on their way out at least 100 years before Constantine's reign began, Christianity was on the rise and the time was ripe for the introduction of a new God, one that simplified existence and promised eternal life after death.

The rise of the Holy Roman Empire and the Papal state after Constantine is a truly fascinating history.

Then how do we explain the sacking of Rome? Not once, not twice, but three times: in 410 by the Visigoths, in 455 by the Vandals, and in 546, by the Ostrogoths. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-04-2014, 08:21 AM
I've seen plenty of Bacchus fundies in my time. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-04-2014, 09:07 AM
(08-04-2014 11:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 10:48 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I was thinking along the lines of God of War 3's Aphrodite. I'd post a pic but the images are either low-res or uncensored.

[Image: aphrodite-smite-22282-1920x1080.jpg]

The people who made smite had the decency to put clothes on these gods instead of their original outfits. (Aphrodite's original mythological outfit was made entirely of invisible, see through, completely transparent, air.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post