Just need some positive vibes... Or whatever.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Just need some positive vibes... Or whatever.
I moved to New York over the summer and long story short, my morticians licenses won't transfer, I can't land an internship to meet those requirements, and embalming as a skill is useful for exactly 0 things outside of embalming. I've had trouble finding a job here.

I had an interview last week with an organ donor network for a position doing tissue recovery. It's decent pay, per diem, flexible hours, and something I would really enjoy. Something that kind of keeps me in the same vein as what I was doing before.

So you know, wish me luck and whatever else you want to do in place of prayer. I'm really really hoping for this!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ohio Sky's post
04-12-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Just need some positive vibes... Or whatever.
that sucks they are not doing the license reciprocity thing. Here's hoping your lead pans out.
04-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Hope you get the job. Good luck! Thumbsup
04-12-2016, 09:18 PM
One of the reasons the US system of individual state laws pisses me off, now that we've found so many ways to get around the idea of "full faith and credit".

That said, I wish you all the best. I know how tough it can be to make it in a new place when your old plans fall through. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
04-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Hug

All the very best!
04-12-2016, 10:03 PM
(04-12-2016 08:54 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  I moved to New York over the summer and long story short, my morticians licenses won't transfer, I can't land an internship to meet those requirements, and embalming as a skill is useful for exactly 0 things outside of embalming. I've had trouble finding a job here.

I had an interview last week with an organ donor network for a position doing tissue recovery. It's decent pay, per diem, flexible hours, and something I would really enjoy. Something that kind of keeps me in the same vein as what I was doing before.

So you know, wish me luck and whatever else you want to do in place of prayer. I'm really really hoping for this!

May the Force be with you.

Have you considered taxidermy?

Seriously though, best of luck!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
04-12-2016, 10:05 PM
LOL I would have a way harder time dealing with dead animals than dead people but that video gave me a much needed laugh.

Thanks everyone!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
05-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Good luck! I hope everything works out. *hugs*

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
05-12-2016, 05:32 PM
I got an email this morning from them saying that they want to go forward with background checks and all. I'm stoked!

[+] 3 users Like Ohio Sky's post
05-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Congratulations! They don't do that unless they're pretty damned serious. Sounds like you're on a very short list, possibly just one name long.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post