Just need some positive vibes... Or whatever.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Just need some positive vibes... Or whatever.
(04-12-2016 08:54 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  ... and embalming as a skill is useful for exactly 0 things outside of embalming.

I can think of a few. None of them legal though.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-12-2016, 08:19 AM
(05-12-2016 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 08:54 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  ... and embalming as a skill is useful for exactly 0 things outside of embalming.

I can think of a few. None of them legal though.

Then you see my dilemma. Ha

It is actually useful experience for the job I'm going for, although having those licenses isn't necessarily a good or bad thing.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
06-12-2016, 08:22 AM
(05-12-2016 06:22 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Congratulations! They don't do that unless they're pretty damned serious. Sounds like you're on a very short list, possibly just one name long.

That's my hope. They did say they usually have to explain the nature of what they do to all of their applicants. I was one of the few they're ever interviewed who was already familiar with what tissue donation involves. It's certainly not for everyone, and my background dealing with this sort of thing is definitely a boon there. They don't have to worry about me passing out first day on the job. Facepalm

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 3 users Like Ohio Sky's post
06-12-2016, 08:27 AM
Big Grin No kidding. It sounds like a great gig to me.
06-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Great news on moving forward. I am sure it is a great relief!
08-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I just talked to them and I have an orientation scheduled for the 19th. So excited!

[+] 6 users Like Ohio Sky's post
08-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Congratulations!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post