Just protecting the ladies from themselves, see?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Just protecting the ladies from themselves, see?
Well, the reasoning is fucked. But let's be honest about women driving.......Consider

Never mind, not gonna go there. As you were. Drinking Beverage

Really though, pretty fucked up, but par for the course over there. What I gotta wonder is how many Saudi's read/hear that and actually go "huh, seems legit" and just accept this bullshit. I'd like to see a poll done and get some sort of insight to what the public actually thinks about it. I mean, I have to assume that there are normal, thinking people over there, but the overwhelming nature of their accepted societal norms make me cringe (at least what I can gather through my limited sources). I hope I'm wrong and it's just biased western media.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2013, 04:23 PM
(29-09-2013 03:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, the reasoning is fucked. But let's be honest about women driving.......Consider

Shocking

Women aren't inherently bad drivers, you bigot!
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-09-2013, 04:54 PM
(29-09-2013 04:23 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(29-09-2013 03:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, the reasoning is fucked. But let's be honest about women driving.......Consider

Shocking

Women aren't inherently bad drivers, you bigot!

You're right. I'm sorry, I didn't mean all women drivers.

Just the female ones. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-09-2013, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 06:51 AM by Chas.)
Thelma and Louise.

Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Tongue

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Abdul Alhazred's post
29-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Is there a list of all these crazy laws? An official list, I am so curious.
Okay great..I just looked it up and I see a severed hand. I am going to puke now
29-09-2013, 09:33 PM
I am in Romania quite a bit for work. I was surprised that I never saw women driving, and in the office, all the women were driven to work and dropped off by their men. So, in a group meeting with about a dozen people I asked 'why', given that it's part of the EU and women have equal rights and could get a driver's license if they wanted to. The office manager (a man) said, "It's because here in Romania we value and respect women and would never want to let them get behind the wheel and kill themselves. You Americans don't care about women, you just hand them keys and they go smashing into each other." I asked some of the women, who were all young, secular, and college educated, if they thought it was sexist. The general response, even among the women, was that driving an automobile was too complex a task for women, and they were thankful their husbands/boyfriends looked after them. I explained that girls pay lower car insurance rates than guys because they're safer drivers, all to no avail.

Saudi laws are not surprising though. Women are legally 'property', like a dog, and not allowed to do almost anything, including travel, without their male guardian (owner).
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
29-09-2013, 09:46 PM
(29-09-2013 09:33 PM)frankksj Wrote:  "It's because here in Romania we value and respect women and would never want to let them get behind the wheel and kill themselves. You Americans don't care about women, you just hand them keys and they go smashing into each other." I asked some of the women, who were all young, secular, and college educated, if they thought it was sexist. The general response, even among the women, was that driving an automobile was too complex a task for women

I don't even know how to respond to that. Shocking

My head is spinning because I don't know who (other than me) is confused in this situation, the men or the women. It's like reverse sexism. No, it's like circular sexism.

I need another drink.......Drinking Beverage

~ Umberto Eco
29-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Twitter is pretty funny right now- some of those women are feisty!

"Our ovaries won't be as hurt as your balls"

"And holding a steering wheel causes breast cancer, right? Science. "

"...damages women's ovaries- obviously completely ignoring the soccer mum phenomenon"

Thumbsup
30-09-2013, 08:44 AM
If the Saudi people are afraid women women driving will cause men and women to become homosexual. Clearly the problem is cars.

They should just make everyone walk and use camels.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post