Just protecting the ladies from themselves, see?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: Just protecting the ladies from themselves, see?
(29-09-2013 02:00 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  10 steps back for human kind Weeping

It's only a step back if they were ever any farther forward.

Weeping

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
30-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Hmm... I have encountered quite a few drivers on the road who seem to think nothing of behaving like complete dicks... I have yet to ascertain if it is entirely due to their anatomy. Dodgy

As a driver of somewhat large trucks and commercial vehicles, I can assure everyone that I have never, and will never, drive without my vagina.

If people don't want to progress, then they just need to die and get out of our way. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
30-09-2013, 10:45 AM
(30-09-2013 10:26 AM)kim Wrote:  I can assure everyone that I have never, and will never, drive without my vagina.

Well, I guess that's one way to drive stick.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
04-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:Sheikh Salah al-Luhaydan said if woman drove they would damage their pelvis and their children could suffer 'clinical disorders'

How exactly do cars work in Saudi Arabia...?

"No gods, no masters."
-Margaret Sanger

Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice.

If you want to be a language policeman, I suggest you find yourself in a George Orwell novel.
04-10-2013, 09:22 PM
When I read the bit about "protecting and valuing women" my mind instantly thought of the Ferengi from Star Trek. It goes odd places sometimes...

Honestly though not surprised. The area is socially 100 years behind everyone else only with 21st century technology. Kinda scary if you think about it.
04-10-2013, 09:49 PM
This is hilarious. In a sad sort of way but it's the Middle East so my care levels are not exactly high.

My favorite part of the article:

Quote:In the report Professor Subhi described sitting in a coffee shop in an unnamed Arab state.

‘All the women were looking at me,’ he wrote. ‘One made a gesture that made it clear she was available... this is what happens when women are allowed to drive.’

I lol'd so hard.

Well, until I kept reading and this came up:

Quote:Shaima Jastaniya, 34, was sentenced to 10 lashes with a whip after being caught driving in Jeddah in 2011.

These people are such cunts. And they wonder why people hate them?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-10-2013, 11:32 AM
To me, the most significant bit is the attempt to appeal to science, rather than just scripture, tradition, and precedent.

It looks like they are learning from infidel religious crazies.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2013, 11:27 PM
(29-09-2013 09:33 PM)frankksj Wrote:  I am in Romania quite a bit for work. I was surprised that I never saw women driving, and in the office, all the women were driven to work and dropped off by their men. So, in a group meeting with about a dozen people I asked 'why', given that it's part of the EU and women have equal rights and could get a driver's license if they wanted to. The office manager (a man) said, "It's because here in Romania we value and respect women and would never want to let them get behind the wheel and kill themselves. You Americans don't care about women, you just hand them keys and they go smashing into each other." I asked some of the women, who were all young, secular, and college educated, if they thought it was sexist. The general response, even among the women, was that driving an automobile was too complex a task for women, and they were thankful their husbands/boyfriends looked after them. I explained that girls pay lower car insurance rates than guys because they're safer drivers, all to no avail.

Saudi laws are not surprising though. Women are legally 'property', like a dog, and not allowed to do almost anything, including travel, without their male guardian (owner).
It could be that in Romania, the driving conditions are actually much worse then in the USA, and the men are genuinely concerned about the women - which the women may be turned on by.