Just really?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Just really?
(04-02-2014 08:46 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 07:54 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I thought we all agreed not to let feminism poison this particular atheist community?

First, I feel like I should be welcoming you back considering everyone else's reaction. So, I suppose "welcome back!"

Second, I don't understand what feminism has to do with friendzoning. If you are someone who complains about being friendzoned, you are an individual (not even a man, but *an individual*) who is sexually attracted to someone but they won't knock boots with you. And in my experience, this usually leads to them refusing to take 'no' for an answer. So what does this have to do with feminism?

Am I the only one who has never "friend-zoned" a person and then had them refuse to take no for an answer? I realize that rape is an on-going problem in basically every culture, but I refuse to believe that rape is usually the result of being put in the friend zone.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-02-2014, 07:58 PM
(09-02-2014 06:10 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted friendship from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

No, because that doesn't make sense in the context of this thread. Drinking Beverage

(09-02-2014 06:20 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I realize that rape is an on-going problem in basically every culture, but I refuse to believe that rape is usually the result of being put in the friend zone.

Rape is physically taking someone. "HOLY SHIT I'M FRIENDZONED" is trying to emotionally take them. I gave up trying to argue my point because everyone in this thread is talking about everything *except* the subject matter.

I've already explained everything several times. I'm not going to go around in an endless loop.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
09-02-2014, 08:06 PM
(09-02-2014 07:58 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 06:10 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted friendship from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

No, because that doesn't make sense in the context of this thread. Drinking Beverage

WTAF??
Did you even read the OP??
The OP is basically a whinefest about how after not wanting to have sex with a guy they stop wanting to be her friend. Just because a guy doesn't want to be your friend doesn't mean that he thinks you are obligated to have sex with him.

Try re-reading the thread and actually paying attention this time Drinking Beverage

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
09-02-2014, 08:31 PM
This thread makes me home sick for my real life disfunctional family.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
09-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(09-02-2014 08:06 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Try re-reading the thread and actually paying attention this time Drinking Beverage

Pardon me, but the only thing I can truthfully say to this is 'Fuck You.' This thread is about friendzoning. People are talking about pretty much everything *except* that.

(09-02-2014 08:06 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Just because a guy doesn't want to be your friend doesn't mean that he thinks you are obligated to have sex with him.

This sentence literally makes absolutely no sense.....whatsoever. How does someone not being your friend even have anything to do with sex?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
09-02-2014, 08:35 PM
(09-02-2014 08:31 PM)sporehux Wrote:  This thread makes me home sick for my real life disfunctional family.

Lol Sporey. This forum is a dysfunctional family Heart

09-02-2014, 08:37 PM
(09-02-2014 08:35 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 08:31 PM)sporehux Wrote:  This thread makes me home sick for my real life disfunctional family.

Lol Sporey. This forum is a dysfunctional family Heart

Ok, I see we're done here.

Big group hug, and everyone be sure not to miss The Walking Dead.

09-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Mum's the word. Big Grin
09-02-2014, 08:41 PM
(09-02-2014 08:34 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 08:06 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Try re-reading the thread and actually paying attention this time Drinking Beverage

Pardon me, but the only thing I can truthfully say to this is 'Fuck You.' (**Get in line**)
This thread is about friendzoning. People are talking about pretty much everything *except* that.

(09-02-2014 08:06 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Just because a guy doesn't want to be your friend doesn't mean that he thinks you are obligated to have sex with him.

This sentence literally makes absolutely no sense.....whatsoever. How does someone not being your friend even have anything to do with sex?

I think either you didn't read the OP and just watched the video or you have issues with reading comprehension.

"So I totally think men and women can be just friends. When I offer somebody genuine friendship I think it's small and shallow of you to turn up your nose because I've decided you're not my type sexually. A man is not entitled to my body just because they're "nice". Just ugh! I'm so sick of this attitude from a portion of the male population."

This is what people are responding to. This post implies that if you offer friendship and a guy refuses your friendship because you do not want sex, then he believes that he is entitled to your body. I don't understand how you can not see that...

09-02-2014, 08:49 PM
So apparently we're not done here afterall.
*sips tea*

(09-02-2014 08:41 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  This post implies that if you offer friendship and a guy refuses your friendship because you do not want sex, then he believes that he is entitled to your body. I don't understand how you can not see that...

I think you're taking some of her verbs too literally.

"Friendzoning" is when two people (friends acquaintances, etc.) know each other---one person wants sex, the other doesn't. It's that simple. There's no direct "offering" of friendship in every case, you can just work with the person or whatever.

Most everyone else is talking about straight men and straight women being friends without sexual tension ever entering the situation, or it entering the situation and then being forgotten about. This is not friendzoning, so I don't know why it's in this thread.

Do all of these details seriously matter? I don't understand why people want to keep going around in endless loops. What does the exact wording matter? It doesn't.