Just really?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 08:49 AM by aquaquilter.)
RE: Just really?
Wow. I never denied those thoughts enter his mind. He, as far as I know, hasn't ever acted on those thoughts and I have no suspicion that he has. I also believe he really values his friendships with female friends, some of which are mutual, because he enjoys spending time with people with a great sense of humor. If anything he is driven to develope friendships if they have the ability to make him laugh (not ejaculate).

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 08:50 AM
(02-02-2014 10:28 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  So I totally think men and women can be just friends. When I offer somebody genuine friendship I think it's small and shallow of you to turn up your nose because I've decided you're not my type sexually. A man is not entitled to my body just because they're "nice". Just ugh! I'm so sick of this attitude from a portion of the male population.

You know what I'm sick of? People who think it's ok to impose their myopic viewpoint on other people's lives. Just because someone is interested in you in a different way that you're interested in them, doesn't mean they are shallow or small. They want what they want and you want what you want. If the two don't coincide, you go your separate ways.

Think about if the script were flipped....

"When I offer somebody sexual companionship I think it's small and shallow of you to turn up your nose because I've decided you're not my type platonically. A woman is not entitled to my emotional availability just because they're "nice". Just ugh! I'm so sick of this attitude from a portion of the female population."

It seems unrealistic and shallow of the speaker to assume that everyone that they meet will have the same motivations and wants as them.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-02-2014, 08:52 AM
What Chippy has said is mostly true; most of my female friends are ones that, under hypothetical circumstances, I would probably take pleasure in having sex with. Granted, I do have several female friends which it simply doesn't cross my mind for one reason or another. But even so, I do also value my friendships even with the ones I am sexually attracted to. I'm not friends with them simply so that I can get into their pants.

But aquaquitter is right in that men also can possess willpower which prevents them from acting out on their impulses. For that matter, Chippy is correct in that our culture encourages men to rely on that willpower.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
03-02-2014, 08:58 AM
(03-02-2014 08:50 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  You know what I'm sick of? People who think it's ok to impose their myopic viewpoint on other people's lives. Just because someone is interested in you in a different way that you're interested in them, doesn't mean they are shallow or small. They want what they want and you want what you want. If the two don't coincide, you go your separate ways.

Nicely saidThumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
03-02-2014, 09:00 AM
(03-02-2014 08:52 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What Chippy has said is mostly true; most of my female friends are ones that, under hypothetical circumstances, I would probably take pleasure in having sex with. Granted, I do have several female friends which it simply doesn't cross my mind for one reason or another. But even so, I do also value my friendships even with the ones I am sexually attracted to. I'm not friends with them simply so that I can get into their pants.

But aquaquitter is right in that men also can possess willpower which prevents them from action out on their impulses. For that matter, Chippy is correct in that our culture encourages men to rely on that willpower.

Exactly correct. Men, as a rule, will think about sex with almost every female they meet. Even if it is a fleeting, insignificant thought, our brains almost always assesses the reproductive qualities of females. Most of this is just biological automation that does it's thing in the primitive parts of the mind.

That being said, there is a lot to say about modern culture and self control, which we rely on heavily in order to facilitate good relations between genders. Our modern mind allows us to repress the biological urges and communicate on a platonic level with people we would otherwise try to have sex with.

Ladies: If you think you have a guy friend who has NEVER looked at you sexually, you're deluding yourself.

Guys: Try not to stare. It's rude.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-02-2014, 09:07 AM
(03-02-2014 09:00 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Exactly correct. Men, as a rule, will think about sex with almost every female they meet.
Granted, sexual attraction is must for this rule to take affect. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Guys: Try not to stare. It's rude.

Ha, I'm an ass man, it's much harder to catch me staring! Big Grin

Although even then, I still usually limit myself to glances and peeks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
03-02-2014, 09:10 AM
(03-02-2014 09:00 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 08:52 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What Chippy has said is mostly true; most of my female friends are ones that, under hypothetical circumstances, I would probably take pleasure in having sex with. Granted, I do have several female friends which it simply doesn't cross my mind for one reason or another. But even so, I do also value my friendships even with the ones I am sexually attracted to. I'm not friends with them simply so that I can get into their pants.

But aquaquitter is right in that men also can possess willpower which prevents them from action out on their impulses. For that matter, Chippy is correct in that our culture encourages men to rely on that willpower.

Exactly correct. Men, as a rule, will think about sex with almost every female they meet. Even if it is a fleeting, insignificant thought, our brains almost always assesses the reproductive qualities of females. Most of this is just biological automation that does it's thing in the primitive parts of the mind.

That being said, there is a lot to say about modern culture and self control, which we rely on heavily in order to facilitate good relations between genders. Our modern mind allows us to repress the biological urges and communicate on a platonic level with people we would otherwise try to have sex with.

Ladies: If you think you have a guy friend who has NEVER looked at you sexually, you're deluding yourself.

Guys: Try not to stare. It's rude.

Chris Rock has a special way of explaining this:
Man opens door for woman. Translation? Want some dick?
Buwwaaahaaaa

Crude. So crude. I know. But funny. This was part of his stand-up routine when we saw him a few years back. I never forgot it. LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
03-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Men are completely capable of friend zoning women as well! I have a couple of female friends that have made advances that I turned down. They wanted a relationship that I couldn't see lasting and didn't want to risk my friendship for. I told them when they made the advances that the answer was strictly no and why. We're still friends and they have moved and are in happy relationships.

I also have female friends that I pursued in hopes for something more than friendship to no avail. The difference being is that they never gave a strict no and led me on. Eventually I just moved on to other prospects instead of risking what I already had. I am still friends with them.

The point of all of this is if someone is showing interest in you more than just friendship and you don't feel the same let the other person know and why! If they don't want to be just friends then they didn't want a relationship with you to begin with and just wanted sex!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
03-02-2014, 09:15 AM
(03-02-2014 09:07 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Granted, sexual attraction is must for this rule to take affect. Drinking Beverage

Aye, I'd assume it doesn't apply to gay men as well. Undecided

Quote:
Quote:Guys: Try not to stare. It's rude.

Ha, I'm an ass man, it's much harder to catch me staring! Big Grin

Although even then, I still usually limit myself to glances and peeks.

The real reason men hold doors open for women...

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-02-2014, 10:21 AM
(02-02-2014 10:28 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  So I totally think men and women can be just friends. When I offer somebody genuine friendship I think it's small and shallow of you to turn up your nose because I've decided you're not my type sexually. A man is not entitled to my body just because they're "nice". Just ugh! I'm so sick of this attitude from a portion of the male population.

#1. You need to check your ego at the door.

#2. You need to stop making so many idiotic, self centered threads.

that is all

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post