Just really?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: Just really?
Ok, I'm starting to think you're being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

This :
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Yes, I'm being serious. I've met several people who have different opinions on what "well adjusted" means. I'm well aware that the phrase itself exists, I used it. However, it does not have a fast and hard definition. It's a subjective assessment of another persons mental well being. Not a measurable scientific fact.

Does not coincide with this:
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think we can agree on that definition of well adjusted.

And this:
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Obtaining a "sex jackpot" does not logically follow "being nice"

IS exactly how the types of idiots in the original post's video think.

(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think that's up for debate? Did you read what I posted? I specifically said that those types of relationships are to be avoided.

Yes, you said that my definition of well-adjusted was subjective, then you proceeded to agree that people with a certain personality type (as defined in my post) indeed were NOT well-adjusted. Which is it?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
(04-02-2014 12:26 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:04 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I honestly don't remember who was involved but I do remember PZ Myers being up in arms about it.
A lot of people seemed upset. I just don't get it.
If I remember correctly Dawkins made a big joke about it. I think there was an internet battle between Dillahunty(sp?) and Thunderfoot over the whole thing.

I don't know about Dillahunty but I know thunderf00t and myers exchanged a few words on youtube. ... I might check it out later to jog the memory Thumbsup
Fill me in if you do. If you don't mind.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
04-02-2014, 12:47 PM
(04-02-2014 12:28 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Ok, I'm starting to think you're being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

This :
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Yes, I'm being serious. I've met several people who have different opinions on what "well adjusted" means. I'm well aware that the phrase itself exists, I used it. However, it does not have a fast and hard definition. It's a subjective assessment of another persons mental well being. Not a measurable scientific fact.

Does not coincide with this:
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think we can agree on that definition of well adjusted.

Those are not mutually exclusive ideas. I can know that "well adjusted" is a subjective measure and simultaneously agree on a (loose) definition with you.

Quote:And this:
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Obtaining a "sex jackpot" does not logically follow "being nice"

IS exactly how the types of idiots in the original post's video think.

You're projecting. Dusty doesn't say that being nice entitles you to sex. He does a lot of ranting about friendzoned guys that are being treated like servants, but never once does he say that anyone of them should be guaranteed sex.

Quote:
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think that's up for debate? Did you read what I posted? I specifically said that those types of relationships are to be avoided.

Yes, you said that my definition of well-adjusted was subjective, then you proceeded to agree that people with a certain personality type (as defined in my post) indeed were NOT well-adjusted. Which is it?
[/quote]

Again, the two are not mutually exclusive. I can agree with you in the fact that rapists are not well adjusted. Rapists most certainly don't fit into my view of "well adjusted", however, it's not black and white. There is too much murky grey area to say that I agree with your total, overall viewpoint of what constitutes "well adjusted"

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
04-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted sex from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
04-02-2014, 12:49 PM
(04-02-2014 12:09 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 07:13 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  You guys talking about "urges" and "biology" and stuff, don't you have any really ugly female friends? Why don't you want to fuck them?

I have one somewhat unattractive female friend. If she offered to blow me, I'd say yes.

Biology, babe. Can't ignore it.

"Somewhat unattractive".

You said it yourself. Not ugly. Just not really attractive. That makes a huge difference. I know many guys who have female friends they consider ugly and have turned them down.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
04-02-2014, 12:52 PM
(04-02-2014 12:49 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted sex from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Nobody ever disagreed with that idea. No one here or in that video, anyway.

Yes, I think we can all agree that rape is bad.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
04-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Close enough to an agreement for me. For a minute there, it kind of felt like:

[Image: tumblr_mqqbzhVFXv1rjdfzto1_500.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
04-02-2014, 06:27 PM
(04-02-2014 01:17 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 10:39 PM)Pippen Wrote:  What so now all women are expected to put out to guys who want to fuck them or at least 'give them a chance'? Well call me Alexa Chung.

It's fucking horrible having guys 'like' you and you have no feelings towards them. They aren't bad guys. They aren't stupid or unattractive losers. You just don't want to root them. The thought of them slobbering all over you is repellent. You can be as direct as all get out "I don't like you. Please leave me alone" and they take it to mean "Ha! That is just what she thinks now but if I up my game I can turn her!"

I am very clear in my mind about the men I find attractive and if they can't deal with it and think I am a bitch, then so be it.

If this happens to you in real life, you need to take a look at the kind of company you keep. Yes there are creepers out there. If you don't want to be creeped on then don't associate with people like that. Do not date them, do not be their friend or even their acquaintance, do not give them the time of day. That seems obvious to me.
I am a freak magnet. They find me like heat seeking missiles. It makes you jaded for sure.

What I took from the vid is that men blame women for leading them on, when men are equally at fault for being disingenuous. Men don't 'get friendzoned', they create it for themselves.
04-02-2014, 06:44 PM
(04-02-2014 12:49 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted sex from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Can we just agree that you shouldn't put a baby in a wood chipper and that anybody that puts a baby in a wood chipper is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

[Image: WoodChipper.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chippy's post
04-02-2014, 06:54 PM
(04-02-2014 12:31 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:26 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I don't know about Dillahunty but I know thunderf00t and myers exchanged a few words on youtube. ... I might check it out later to jog the memory Thumbsup
Fill me in if you do. If you don't mind.

I think you are referring to the conflict between Dawkins and "Skepchick". See here.

Silly First World Problem #5674: Asking women out instead of using psychic ability to determine if they are interested.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chippy's post