Just really?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Just really?
(04-02-2014 06:44 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:49 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted sex from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Can we just agree that you shouldn't put a baby in a wood chipper and that anybody that puts a baby in a wood chipper is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

[Image: WoodChipper.jpg]

Baby mulch makes the best fertilizer.
You should see the size of my tomatoes.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
04-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I thought we all agreed not to let feminism poison this particular atheist community?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
04-02-2014, 08:11 PM
(04-02-2014 07:54 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I thought we all agreed not to let feminism poison this particular atheist community?

Holy shit! Where the fuck have you been??

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-02-2014, 08:27 PM
(04-02-2014 08:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 07:54 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I thought we all agreed not to let feminism poison this particular atheist community?

Holy shit! Where the fuck have you been??

I believe they are now fluent in Dolphin.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
04-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(04-02-2014 12:52 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:49 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted sex from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Nobody ever disagreed with that idea. No one here or in that video, anyway.

Yes, I think we can all agree that rape is bad.

I'm going to rep you because you were essentially accused by an obvious imbecile of supporting rape. The act of asking you to agree to the platitude that rape is bad contains within it an implicit accusation that you you were defending rape. Neither you nor anyone else in this thread advocated that coerced sexual intercourse is a good thing or that it was in any way acceptable. In fact, the matter of coerced sexual intercourse was introduced by the same moron that implied you were advocating it. You deserve some sort of compensation for being subject to the innuendo of a cretin.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chippy's post
04-02-2014, 08:46 PM

First, I feel like I should be welcoming you back considering everyone else's reaction. So, I suppose "welcome back!"

Second, I don't understand what feminism has to do with friendzoning. If you are someone who complains about being friendzoned, you are an individual (not even a man, but *an individual*) who is sexually attracted to someone but they won't knock boots with you. And in my experience, this usually leads to them refusing to take 'no' for an answer. So what does this have to do with feminism?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
04-02-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm post menopausal. I should just die (response to another thread). I refuse to die until I have had my say.

Someone told me once, never forgot it, that platonic friendships between sexes can remain successful as long as you realize you are not responsible for any amorous feelings you know or suspect the other may have for you and vice versa. If the friend speaks of feelings you are not interested in, tell that person you are not interested and you are not responsible for those particular feelings and now lets move on.

I have kept successful and satisfying friendships this way.

I'm going on to have my say somewhere else.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
09-02-2014, 05:51 PM
(02-02-2014 10:28 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  So I totally think men and women can be just friends. When I offer somebody genuine friendship I think it's small and shallow of you to turn up your nose because I've decided you're not my type sexually. A man is not entitled to my body just because they're "nice". Just ugh! I'm so sick of this attitude from a portion of the male population.
[Image: 45811782.jpg]

Being friendzoned at birth and consistently a nice guy ever since, I made this on memegenerator as a revenge.
09-02-2014, 06:03 PM
TL;DR

But here is my input.

I think you certainly can have friends of the opposite sex. Its also totally normal to find them attractive.

But that doesn't necessarily mean I want to be intimate with them, or have any kind of relationship past friendship.

I think we over-complicate shit by over thinking it.
09-02-2014, 06:10 PM

Can we just agree that nobody is entitled to unwanted friendship from another human being, and that anybody who feels as such is not well-adjusted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post