Just recently realized that I'm both atheist and gay.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Just recently realized that I'm both atheist and gay.....
I actually don't understand how any gay people could believe in any of the major gods. Besides there being no evidence for any deities, the gods all hate them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-11-2015, 12:15 AM
(22-11-2015 11:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I actually don't understand how any gay people could believe in any of the major gods. Besides there being no evidence for any deities, the gods all hate them.

Not the Greek ones! Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Welcome. And congratulations on unchaining your heart and mind. I hope you will feel at home here.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
23-11-2015, 12:57 AM
How can I come to love and accept myself and be true to myself??? Any practical advice or ideas???? Thanks.......
[+] 1 user Likes jason197754's post
23-11-2015, 03:18 AM
(23-11-2015 12:57 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  How can I come to love and accept myself and be true to myself??? Any practical advice or ideas???? Thanks.......

Ha! That is quite a question to which I have no answer. I would doubt anyone who claimed to know the answer to such a question about another individual.

I think this is up to you. Perhaps by following your heart and desires you can tell us.

What I do think is that people should trust themselves while remaining modest. Self doubt is IMO a sign of intelligence.

Be who you are and follow your heart.

That is all I can say.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey of self discovery.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
23-11-2015, 06:20 AM
(23-11-2015 12:57 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  How can I come to love and accept myself and be true to myself??? Any practical advice or ideas???? Thanks.......

Hi, welcome!

I think self acceptance is a bit easier than self love (former Baptist here), but it helps me to understand the following:

1. Lots of people who look as though they have it together on the outside also struggle with feelings that they're worthless and unlovable…they just don't let those feelings get in the way, too much, of doing what they find worthwhile. You have more control over what you do than how you feel.
2. There is no such thing as sin. There are things that are morally or legally wrong, but sin does not exist. You can't offend god by loving/being loved by another consenting adult, because god doesn't exist, and there is nothing morally or (in the US) legally wrong with this, either.
3. It takes time to process big changes in self understanding. You've made a couple of big steps, expect at least months, if not years, to get to a new equilibrium.

This is a good place to find support.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
23-11-2015, 07:50 AM

Talk therapy is helpful to many people. It can be a professional or, if you are fortunate, it can be friends and family - but that can backfire.

One-on-one therapy or group therapy are choices; group therapy helps to get out of oneself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-11-2015, 08:12 AM

Care more about how you perceive yourself than how others perceive you. This is not the same as not caring what people think but rather being able to love who you are and not let what some ignorant fool get the best of you. Good luck. Also, did you see my question on the 1st page? I am very interested in your thoughts.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
23-11-2015, 12:25 PM
From both closets.....
[+] 1 user Likes jason197754's post
23-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Jason, I got your pm. I tried to pm you back, but your pm box is full. Gotta delete those suckers out Tongue