Just regarding the skypecast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Just regarding the skypecast
One point I made on how there were translations before the reformation seems to hold some water as there were plenty of partial translations and even some complete ones.

examples
catalan:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_tran..._(Catalan)

French:
1476, le Nouveau Testament
Printed by Barthélemy Buyer in Lyon, translated from the Vulgate.
1487, la Bible de Jean de Rély
Printed for the first time in Paris and reprinted at least ten times in the fifty years that followed. It is an illustrated Bible, published from a late manuscript of the Bible historiale of Guyart des Moulins.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: Just regarding the skypecast
(22-06-2013 07:44 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  One point I made on how there were translations before the reformation seems to hold some water as there were plenty of partial translations and even some complete ones.

examples
catalan:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_tran..._(Catalan)

French:
1476, le Nouveau Testament
Printed by Barthélemy Buyer in Lyon, translated from the Vulgate.
1487, la Bible de Jean de Rély
Printed for the first time in Paris and reprinted at least ten times in the fifty years that followed. It is an illustrated Bible, published from a late manuscript of the Bible historiale of Guyart des Moulins.

Just wanted to say thanks for sticking it out with all us godless heathens and giving some honest answers. I disagree with some of your conclusions but I can respect the honesty.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-06-2013, 07:51 PM
it was definitely more of a challenge then I thought. I'm so used to haveing time to think and the ability to pull up sources and analyze them. It was quite a bit harder to think on my feet.

Although I am feeling good that I got at least one point.

There were earlier bible translations! Suck It Chas! Tongue

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
22-06-2013, 08:04 PM
(22-06-2013 07:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  it was definitely more of a challenge then I thought. I'm so used to haveing time to think and the ability to pull up sources and analyze them. It was quite a bit harder to think on my feet.

It was good having you there!

Of course I totally did make the point that there were 5th C translations into a variety of eastern languages.
22-06-2013, 08:15 PM
(22-06-2013 07:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  it was definitely more of a challenge then I thought. I'm so used to haveing time to think and the ability to pull up sources and analyze them. It was quite a bit harder to think on my feet.

Those were for use within the Church, not for the people.

Not sucking. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user