Just signed up, TTAF looks awesome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Just signed up, TTAF looks awesome!
Hi, I'm a 15 year old high school student. My father is a Christian, and my mother is Buddhist. Luckily they never really enforced their beliefs on me, although I did go to church as a little kid with my grandparents (young enough to not comprehend what was going on, just really bored), and I did go to Buddhist meetings with my mother (a little older than when I was going to church, never really believed in Buddhism).
I thought of myself as a Christian, though I never really read the Bible or was serious. When I was 14 I finally called myself an agnostic, and now I believe I would be called an agnostic atheist. My entire family is Christian on my father's side, and my mother's side is entirely Buddhist, with me being the only non-religious person (I have not told anyone, although I think my father sort of knows, because he asked if I believed in God and I told him I was agnostic). Well, I think I'll try to keep this as an introduction, and I look forward to talking and asking you guys questions that I have in the future.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned" - Anonymous
I am glad to live where there is no God, for I am moral, and mortal; I do not wish to worship He who crafts an immoral immortality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 05:59 PM
RE: Just signed up, TTAF looks awesome!
Welcome!

Another young thinker. Makes the future look good to me!

Enjoy the bantor. Great place to learn new ideas and solidify reason.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2011, 09:19 AM
RE: Just signed up, TTAF looks awesome!
Welcome! Big Grin Sorry about not being able to express yourself to your family, I know how that feels! Even thought I came out to my family as an atheist, I still always feel like I need to keep my mouth shut around them.

Hope you enjoy it here and learn lots!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user