Just so there is no confusion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: Just so there is no confusion
(12-11-2015 02:07 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  This morning I went to the hardware store and I followed a guy into the parking who had a bumper sticker that read, "Just so there is no confusion, because I drive a Subaru does not mean that I am a liberal." He also had the Christian Jesus fish on his car. I parked next to him and got out my car and said, "Just so there is no confusion, because I carry a gun does not mean that I am a conservative and I am certainly not a fucking Christian." He did not take it well. He didn't seem to care about the Christian aspect but he thought it was my duty, as a concealed carry licensee, to be a Republicunt. He yelled a lot and didn't make much sense but that's what I expect from the religious right. As we parted company and he headed for the grocery store and I for the Ace Hardware, I thanked him and said I enjoyed our conversation. He told me to get fucked. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Why did you feel the need to verbally and personally respond to someones "bumper sticker"? I don't really get what that bumper sticker means but I don't really think its anything insulting.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 04:10 PM
(12-11-2015 02:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 02:07 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  This morning I went to the hardware store and I followed a guy into the parking who had a bumper sticker that read, "Just so there is no confusion, because I drive a Subaru does not mean that I am a liberal."

This morning I was behind a pickup with large block lettering across the rear glass of the cab that read:
Obama: you keep you hope and change
I'll keep god, my guns, & the constitution

I was betting that he'd never actually read the constitution or has any idea what it actually says. The funniest part was that he was tailgating, speeding, and weaving in & out of traffic trying to get ahead of everybody else and kept getting cut off.

There are a lot of religious types around where I live but it's rare to see somebody that proud of their ignorance.
since this is the thread for rampant stereotyping, my observation is that those types rarely vote. YAY!
12-11-2015, 04:19 PM
(12-11-2015 04:06 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 02:07 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  ... who had a bumper sticker that read, "Just so there is no confusion, because I drive a Subaru does not mean that I am a liberal."

Why did you feel the need to verbally and personally respond to someones "bumper sticker"? I don't really get what that bumper sticker means but I don't really think its anything insulting.
My thought was, that's a long fucking bumper sticker. It's more of an essay.
12-11-2015, 05:15 PM
(12-11-2015 04:06 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Why did you feel the need to verbally and personally respond to someones "bumper sticker"? I don't really get what that bumper sticker means but I don't really think its anything insulting.

Putting political/religious statements on display for the world to see is rather like walking around all day with your dick hanging out......

Do it long enough, and somebody's gonna step on it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-11-2015, 05:33 PM
(12-11-2015 05:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 04:06 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Why did you feel the need to verbally and personally respond to someones "bumper sticker"? I don't really get what that bumper sticker means but I don't really think its anything insulting.

Putting political/religious statements on display for the world to see is rather like walking around all day with your dick hanging out......

How true.

I generally dislike bumper stickers. They are intended to tell the world who you are, e.g., a NASCAR fan or the parent of an honor student [although nobody gives a fuck], or they are intended to express an opinion, usually political, that the car owner knows will piss some people off. I don't get pissed off by them but I do enjoy it when I can turn a bumper sticker back on its owner. Such was the case with this guy. I used his own words and merely changed "liberal" to "conservative" and it put him in orbit.
12-11-2015, 05:39 PM
(12-11-2015 05:33 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 05:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Putting political/religious statements on display for the world to see is rather like walking around all day with your dick hanging out......

How true.

I generally dislike bumper stickers. They are intended to tell the world who you are, e.g., a NASCAR fan or the parent of an honor student [although nobody gives a fuck], or they are intended to express an opinion, usually political, that the car owner knows will piss some people off. I don't get pissed off by them but I do enjoy it when I can turn a bumper sticker back on its owner. Such was the case with this guy. I used his own words and merely changed "liberal" to "conservative" and it put him in orbit.

Sadcryface Do I have to take my breast cancer survivor decal off my car so you will still like me. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Are you guys aware that bumper stickers with political or religious messages are almost exclusive to North America?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
12-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Anjele, I will like you no matter what.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
12-11-2015, 05:51 PM
(12-11-2015 05:49 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Anjele, I will like you no matter what.

Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-11-2015, 05:54 PM
(12-11-2015 05:49 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Are you guys aware that bumper stickers with political or religious messages are almost exclusive to North America?

What does the rest of the world's bumper stickers say, "Eat At Joe's"?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post