Just started watching/reading Game of Thrones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2014, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2014 05:40 PM by beeglez.)
Just started watching/reading Game of Thrones
Am I the only one in the Universe who just discovered this series? I knew it existed, but had never bothered to read or watch since it really isn't a genre I typically enjoy. Someone convinced me to try the first book. I just finished it last week, and it was A-mazing! Easily one of the top 5 best books I have ever read. I am getting ready to start "Clash of Kings" next. I got the first 2 episodes of the first season on DVD. I'd say if the book is a 10, the series is just a 7 so far. Good, but definitely not one of the best things I've ever watched. I do expect it to get better as the season progresses, so I'll keep watching. I've been forewarned to not get attached to any characters. I guess most of them don't stay alive long!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like beeglez's post
22-06-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: Just started watching/reading Game of Thrones
(22-06-2014 03:04 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Am I the only one in the Universe who just discovered this series?

The Universe? No. It's not big over here.

The US? Yes, you probably are.

I saw the first episode on a plane and had the same reaction but then, the book of anything is invariably better than a dramatised interpretation.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-06-2014, 04:01 PM
It's probably for the best you started late. I've been waiting so long for the next book Weeping hopefully you won't have to wait long once you've read what's out now.

The show is good, but agreed not as good as the books, but I have to admit it isn't the worst book to movie/tv translation. They stay pretty true to the books (other than Daenerys' story line Dodgy ), so that's a plus. The show at least gets me my fix while I wait.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
22-06-2014, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2014 04:50 PM by Ferdinand.)
BE PREPARED FOR RUINED BREAKFAST MY DEAR. THE BREAKFAST OF YOUR EMOTIONS. EGGS OF PLOT TWISTS WILL BE SCRAMBLED. THE BACON OF YOU FEELS COMPLETELY BURNED AND RUINED.

PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
22-06-2014, 04:20 PM
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-beh...e-thrones/

Weep and know despair all ye who enter here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Always hear about it. Never saw it. Not sure it's something I would get into.

A friend is also just now getting into it. He is somewhat shocked at the relentless gore they seem to love displaying so graphically. It does seem to keep his attention, though. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-06-2014, 05:23 PM
love love love this series, I have the books (bought them for wife's birthday) but I dont want to read them until after the series is done. Highly addictive show, expertly done.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post