Just sucky

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Just sucky
Don't really need support, just a place to put this.

Husband's much younger cousin (mid-30s) was found Thursday unresponsive. Apparent accidental overdose - morphine and Xanax. He was apparently the more responsible parent of three young kids and had custody. When his father showed up to go to work with him the kids told him that 'daddy wouldn't wake up'. He was alive but barely. He was taken off life support later that day and died almost immediately.

Three kids now have one worthless parent. Feel so bad for the kids.

I say accidental overdose because there is no reason to believe it was a suicide attempt, just the nearly inevitable result of flying too close to the flame for too long. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Just sucky
Fuck.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
17-01-2015, 01:51 PM
That's terrible Sad
Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Whoa - that's shitty, Anj. So sorry for the kids & family. Heart

How did he get the drugs? Previous surgery leftovers or just recreational standbys? Either seems accidental but ... just wondering if there was any indication he was slowly sliding into that subtly darker area of "I just don't care".

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Aww I'm sorry.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-01-2015, 03:16 PM
So sad, heartbreaking.
17-01-2015, 03:22 PM
(17-01-2015 02:06 PM)kim Wrote:  Whoa - that's shitty, Anj. So sorry for the kids & family. Heart

How did he get the drugs? Previous surgery leftovers or just recreational standbys? Either seems accidental but ... just wondering if there was any indication he was slowly sliding into that subtly darker area of "I just don't care".

From what I have been told he had a thing for Xanax - no idea where he scored the morphine.

No decline. He had a successful tree removal business, had just been paid a substantial sum for a job he did for the state. And in this past week bought three big trucks for the business and dropped them off to be customized the day prior to his death.

I have a hunch the morphine was not part of his usual buzz. Where he got it is still a mystery.

I hurt for the kids. I know what it's like to have to tell kids their father is dead when they are young. Sucks - a lot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
17-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Those poor kids No will you have the opportunity here and there to be a positive influence? Like maybe once every few months or so offer to babysit, take them on a fun little excursion? I know you got a lot of love to give to little ones, Anj. I'm so sorry Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-01-2015, 03:38 PM
That sucks. My sympathy goes to the kids an family.

Maybe a rookie mistake, a failed first try of opiates?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
17-01-2015, 04:49 PM
That really sucks. I'm sorry. :/

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]